Dear Doug, I have a suggested change in the antibiotic that you carry in your pocket survival kit. My suggestion is to change the use of Zithromax to an antibiotic called Levaquin. Levaquin is a very potent once a day antibiotic that falls under the same class of antibiotic as Ciprofloxin. We have been using it to cover both pneumonia, complicated upper respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, and complicated skin infections. This in my opinion covers the majority of infections that might be encountered in a survival situation. This is a much broader coverage of infections than Zithromax was designed to cover. Unfortunately, in addition to this, recent articles from the infectious disease folks state that types of bacteria increasing their resistance to the drug is growing, so what this means is the drug may fail and cause a worse infection. It should not be to hard to fit the Levaquin in your kit. The Tablet is slightly bigger and you need 7 vs 5 tablets, but i had no problem putting it in my kit. The course of the drug is usually 7-10 days, but the extra 3 tablets is usually meant for people who stop taking their antibiotics after day 5 when they feel better so the extra pills makes them think that they still have a ways to go. SO FINISH ALL YOUR ANTIBIOTICS WHEN ARE TOLD TO BY A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. So in conclusion talk to you physician or mid level practitioner and tell them what this is for, most are outdoor folk like ourselves and understand what you are trying to achieve. Ask them to write you a prescription for Levaquin 500mg for seven days. Oh, and by the way the tablet is flat on the sides so if you vacuum seal it they fit right up to each other.<br><br>P.S. If there are medical oriented questions out there I would very much like to help you get the correct information.<br><br>