The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#81624 - 12/31/06 02:30 AM BlackHawk Battle Bag
Themalemutekid Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
[img]http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/policestuff_1929_3690221[/img]

I'm in the market for a new BOB. My basic critirias are, i need small pockets so that all my smaller items(knife,flashlight,lighter, etc) don't roll around everywhere. I also would like enough space to fit a sweater, some gloves,some power bars & a warm hat. I also perfer messenger type bags.Do you guys have any suggestion?The one pictured above seems to fit the bill but is somewhat pricey.

#81625 - 12/31/06 02:34 AM Re: BlackHawk Battle Bag
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
take a look @ the Israeli Parachute messanger bag @ cheaperthandirt.com
I use 1 for my logbook and navigation gear & it's been great! It has quite a bit of room.

#81626 - 12/31/06 04:15 AM Re: BlackHawk Battle Bag
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
If you are looking for something about that size but money is tight, try the laptop bag selection at your local office supply or electronics chain stores. They might not be quite as well suited, but they are generally less than 80 bucks for a good one (not great, just good), and they also have the advantage of being basically invisible to the masses if you are in an urban environment. They just won't take the same kind of abuse that something from Maxpedition will, but neither will something from BHI.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#81627 - 12/31/06 04:35 AM Re: BlackHawk Battle Bag
X-ray Dave Offline
Addict

Loc: Nevada
www.countycomm.com has a couple of bags worth loking at.
Diamondback tactical makes an E&E.
www.s4supply.com has a Bandolier Bag.
Hawkepak makes a Rifle Bug Out bag MA 54
www.extremegearlabs.com makes an Active Shooter Bag as well as custon bags. Got my Grab & Go bag made there.

Dave

#81629 - 12/31/06 05:04 AM Re: BlackHawk Battle Bag
X-ray Dave Offline
Addict

Some people have taken the EOD bag and attatched MOLLE pouches to the bag. One guy set his up with a shingle for 3 rifle mags on the "front", pistol mag pouch on one "end" and a
GP pouch on the other.The inside is big enough for a GI canteen or Nalgene bottle, FAK, PSK, etc.

Dave

#81630 - 12/31/06 03:32 PM Re: BlackHawk Battle Bag
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
This is my thought:
Go to the Knifeworks.com website and see their Maxpedition line. Click on "Bags & Cases". There are alot of bags with multi-pouches and individual storage areas that seem to be what you said you were looking for. Their prices are high but see if you can find a multi-pouch-organizer bag or three that'll suit you. Then search the myriad other sites selling Max[edition's gear for the best price. You can't hardly beat their bags and packs for storage and quality. I don't own any Maxpedition, but I've handled more than a few and I sure like their quality.

#81631 - 12/31/06 05:23 PM Re: BlackHawk Battle Bag
Matt26 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Vermont
Since you mention a preference for messenger style bags. An office mate of mine recently picked this bag from Galls http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=BG245 I have not picked it apart/played with it, but it is a pretty sturdy looking bag in person..

#81632 - 12/31/06 05:30 PM Re: BlackHawk Battle Bag
yeti Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: somewhere out there...

#81633 - 01/02/07 06:28 AM Re: BlackHawk Battle Bag
Themalemutekid Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
Thank you guys for the replies.It's kinda hard to choose a bag without handling it in person.Where might i go to find bags like the ones you guys posted?There aren't really any good army/navy or hunting/camping stores around here (North Jersey)...

#81634 - 01/02/07 07:03 AM Re: BlackHawk Battle Bag
X-ray Dave Offline
Addict

Well, looks like your'e gonna have to spend some money . If you are O.K. with a shoulder bag and adding MOLLE pouches. Then the CountyComm bag and pouches from
Cheaper than Dirt would be fine. If you'd like an "off the shelf"
solution Maxpedition or the Bandolier Bag would work out O.K. beadles has a good post using the Maxpedition Proteus that was just posted. Almost no one gets it perfect the first try, it's a continuing learning and buying thing. It's nice to leave a little space for future "expansion" (trust me on this one). Be sure you understand the return policy before you order.Take a good look at what you plan to put in the bag. If it doesn't fit in with ease, send it back. If your'e not planning on carrying magazines, then you can rule out the bags that have magazine pouches built in. .The last thing to look at is total cost. Maxpedition isn't cheap, but adding on pouches can add up. Having the ability to add on a pouch at a later date is usefull.

Dave

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 520 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.