Speaking of knives and airports. Part of my job requires flying commertial airlines around the Southwest US (99% of which is on Southwest Airlines). A few weeks ago, I'm headed out and the screeners are searching my laptop bag and low and behold they discover my Leatherman and Delica that I had neglected to move into my checked luggage. Thinking that this is quickly going to turn into a really crappy day, the Southwest security guy takes me and my contraband to the security exit and sez, "You want to put this in your car?" Ah, you bet! I realize that I could have been in deep $%!*<br><br>I LUV Southwest.<br><br>A second story. I spent a week in Arizona. Just befor returning the rental car (at Phoenix Airport), I transfer the knives and pistol that I usually carry (I have a CCW) to my luggage. Everything seems normal, luggage checked, standing at the gate waiting for the plane, I reach into my pocket and discover my Emmerson Commander! Yes, it made it through the metal detector.<br><br>Bottom line. I usually have several knives on me -- I feel undressed without them, but I have to become much more careful that I get them off *before* the security checkpoint. I'll have to start carring an envelope and some stamps with me.<br><br> larry<br>