Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#260255 - 05/03/13 10:25 PM Car/truck bag
TeacherRO Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Been thinking about my car bag. Not so much for repair -- that's in another bag-- but spare stuff to bulky or heavy to EDC. And some nice comfort items.

#260258 - 05/03/13 10:50 PM Re: Car/truck bag [Re: TeacherRO]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I've started to think of my Jeep as part of my EDC. I don't drive nearly as much as I used to now that I'm not doing my daily commute, but it's a great place to store stuff that you want to EDC and not carry. My GHB/BOB lives in there along with lots of bug-in-in-the-Jeep and fix-the-Jeep stuff.

As an example, like to keep a wool blanket in the Jeep. Not only is it part of my emergency shelter, it is a key piece of first aid gear, especially in the winter. It's a great piece of kit but I don't want to carry it around. Yesterday, while my hubby and I were out for breakfast, an older gentleman took a tumble in the parking lot and whacked his head when he fell. (My hubby took the FA lead on that one while I tended to the baby.) It was super warm so he did 't need a blanket while he waited for the ambulance, but he would have just a few days ago.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#260259 - 05/03/13 11:01 PM Re: Car/truck bag [Re: TeacherRO]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
My truck kit is made up of my 96 hour kit (it goes where I go) and my GHB (based on Camelbak RidgeRunner). Between those two kits there is a lot of gear, with some redundancy. Food, water, shelter, fire, navigation (for a long walk) -- all covered.

#260269 - 05/04/13 07:40 AM Re: Car/truck bag [Re: TeacherRO]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

I live in a hot region , so a few things cannot be stored in my trunk bag. But still, anything made of metal , textile, or hard plastic can go there.

Also, I live in an urban area and rarely go to desolate places
Some of the things I have stored in my trunk bag :

- Pair of socks
- Shemagh
- Old pair of glasses
- Magnifying lens
- Mora knife
- Foldable saw
- Hammerhead multitool ( heavy multitool)
- cordage
- Candles ( I know they soften in the summer but will not ignite )
- Flint striker

... other stuff I can't remember

Won't put food or anything flammable.
May add a metal container like a small kettle

Oh, and beside the trunk bag , I do have my smaller companion bag which stays there most of the time (for lack of a better place to be). And when I go to my dad's home like a few days ago, I take the bigger companion bag.

My definition of "companion bag" is a bag which contain "important" items, be they are importnt for living or comfort or frequently needed. Things like : wetwipes, medical pouch, utility pouch, mutitool, bandana ..etc. Some are redundancioes and some are not.

This companion bag is with ME. If I am at home, it is near me. If I travel by car , it goes in the trunk. If I go by train, it sits beside me. But it is not an EDC bag. I do not carry it everyday to work for exampe. Work time is covered by a triangle of : stuff in the work bag , car trunk bag, and in-office cache.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 546 Guests and 104 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.