Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#139324 - 07/10/08 05:53 PM My EDC in video form
Fiacharrey Offline

When times are hard we must harden to them.

#139533 - 07/13/08 09:46 AM Re: My EDC in video form [Re: Fiacharrey]
Nicodemus Offline
Paranoid?
Veteran

Loc: Virginia, US
There are some pretty interesting ideas in the two videos, and I like what you had to say about multifunctionality in the items you carry.

I liked what you had to say about your choice in shoes. I once had to help carry a woman up a steep hill in an emergency because of her shoes, or rather because her shoes were nowhere to be found. She might have been fine with the idea, but she was by no means slight of figure, and I had to rest afterward instead of getting back quickly to help others. The fun also had me sweating profusely in very cold weather.

I'm interested in why you carry a second wallet for additional items rather than something that can hold more in the same amount of space. I understand that a wallet is a pretty solid organizer and all, but I'm not sure a heavy duty bag (aloksak for instance) couldn't get the same job done and allow for more items or could simply be smaller and easier to carry. I could also understand if your normal wallet was something to hand over in case you were mugged and the secondary wallet had money, credit cards and so on in it, but you seemed to have those split up between the two you carry.

#139562 - 07/13/08 09:56 PM Re: My EDC in video form [Re: Nicodemus]
Jeff Offline

Nice job. I picked up a few tips from the videos.

Jeff

#139566 - 07/13/08 11:09 PM Re: My EDC in video form [Re: Nicodemus]
Fiacharrey Offline

Originally Posted By: Nicodemus

I'm interested in why you carry a second wallet for additional items rather than something that can hold more in the same amount of space.

The idea is that this is the stuff I always have on my person. So, that rules out anything I have to carry around, like a bag or something. Another possibility I considered, and haven't completely ruled out, is having some kind of belt carrier for some stuff.

I have a second layer of stuff, which is my "almost-EDC." It is kept in a day pack in my car or wherever it needs to be so that it is reasonably accessible. It includes a full-sized multitool, a PFAK, poncho, gloves, PSK, and other emergency essentials that I don't feel need to be directly on my body all the time.

When times are hard we must harden to them.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 256 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
04/29/24 04:00 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.