Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#31475 - 09/07/04 01:08 AM Tough Question. Good Survival Manual in Spanish?
OrangeJoe Offline

Loc: Old Colony, USA
I did it! My wife just asked for a 72hr kit for her car.

Great.

Like most peolple here at ETS Survival forum I've spent dozens (hundreds???) of man hours researching, buying and testing gear and technics for survival/self sufficiency. Now, my wife is not exactly as interested in the study of the technics or as gear-centric, so I recognize that aside what we may talk about and discuss at home she will need a manual she can read throughly (now) and have nearby in case of an emergency (later); in it's absence the car kit would be just an expensive oversized paperweight.

Now the tough part. While browsing for 'survival' info in spanish the larger better organized sites I've found have great pearls of wisdom as [color:"orange"] "if you need to make fire but you don't have matches/lighter, wet some rags in gasoline and set on fire with sparks from your car battery" [/color] [color:"black"] ????!!!! [/color] (Translation by yours truly).

In view of that I'm needing a reliable up to date SURVIVAL GUIDE in Spanish (Did I mention in Spanish ) No snake-venom-sucking, car spark-fire starting outdated, dangerous stunts.

Can anyone recommend a printed guide or maybe a good ETS-quality site, is there an "El Equipado para Sobrevivir".

Anyone.

#31476 - 09/07/04 05:14 AM Re: Tough Question. Good Survival Manual in Spanish?
rbruce Offline

Loc: California
I did a google search for "sobrevivir libro" and found Vivir Y Sobrevivir En LA Naturaleza. You can buy it here . The American Red Cross has lots of online documents in many languages here. Spanish is about half way down the page. Also, the FEMA library has a lot of information, but doesn't have much in Spanish. I hope this helps.

Robert

#31477 - 09/07/04 05:48 PM Re: Tough Question. Good Survival Manual in Spanish?
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
As already mentioned the AMRC and FEMA have some information in Spanish. The CERT guide in Spanish at the bottom of the page:

http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/CERT/mtrls.asp#certspn

#31478 - 09/09/04 02:26 AM Re: Tough Question. Good Survival Manual in Spanish?
OrangeJoe Offline

Loc: Old Colony, USA
Thanks for the input. There IS a lot of info in spanish available on the net its just that some of it seems rather inaccurate and some, like I quoted above, downright dangerous.

I guess I was looking for some 'Doug Ritter Certified' kind of info; plain language common sense info.

Thanks again for the links.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 558 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.