Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#10415 - 11/06/02 03:49 PM In a bit of a dilemma
Anonymous
Unregistered

In addition to my PSK I am also packing a pouch to go on my belt. This pouch goes together with my water bottle which fits inside my aluminium mug. Now I can’t decide whether I should put a pair of mess tins/biscuit tin in the pouch when I already have the mug. <br><br>The reason for this question is because I use the metal biscuit tin to put the rations/medicine in which don’t fit inside my PSK. I carry the tin in addition to my PSK and FAK to town. So if I do get stranded I got food+medicine with me. But of course when slotted into my pouch the biscuit tin itself lost its role and the only part it plays is as extra bulk.<br><br>My idea was to put all the kit inside a polythene bag then in the tin and when I need to transfer the kit I pull out the bag then in the pouch. <br><br>I hope this is clear enough.<br><br>On another note there were some posts about belt pouches and I thought what about a respirator pouch. Water resistant, strong, big (maybe even too big) and trust worthy.<br><br>About the medicine in the biscuit tin I thought about permanganate crystals, aspirins and anti diarrhoea tablets (there is no space for any of that in my PSK). <br><br>Reinhardt<br>

#10416 - 11/06/02 04:12 PM Re: In a bit of a dilemma
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Reinhardt, Now is the time to expirement with different assemblies. Go for a walk and then randomly stop and announce ' I am lost,hurt,sick,hungry,thirsty.' then see how it works. You will find your answers quickly. Then when you really are lost,hurt,sick,hungry,thirsty ( or you encounter some pretty girl who is ;o) ) , You will be equipped.

#10417 - 11/06/02 04:28 PM Re: could you
mick Offline
dedicated member

Loc: England west yorkshire
Could you give us a list of whats in it when yoju have completed it. thanks

#10418 - 11/06/02 04:32 PM Re: In a bit of a dilemma
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris,<br>That pretty girl idea sounds good to me!<br>But I'll do that.<br>Another question, some people carry more than pan/messtin set/metal mug with them to cook in. But I can't see the reason as most of the time you only have one small fire. So unless your gonna a 5 course meal the question is why? (I'm sure there is a reason, and when I know it too I can justify carrying my biscuit tin!)

#10419 - 11/06/02 04:36 PM Re: could you
Anonymous
Unregistered

I sure will!<br>One day I want produce my whole kit list because right now compared with you lot here I noticed I am very much under prepared. <br>So when I completed this one I'll do it then you guys can all criticise!

#10420 - 11/07/02 04:42 AM Re: In a bit of a dilemma
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Some of my trailmates carry a G.I. canteen and thrive on oatmeal steeped in powdered fruit drink. I drag out my Dutch Ovens and my horses pin their ears. Rational people find something in between ;o) I think your biscuit tin would be splendid for gathering wild foodstuffs, or whatever else you think to pack in it. If you get any comments mention the massive wooden desk the Franklin Expedition was known to have hauled over the iceflows!

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 533 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
Today at 12:34 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
Yesterday at 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.