I have the following Idea for a Bug-out-bag; As one might be travelling a lot by car over there in the US, and over here in Sweden I would have a high capacity bag with backpack type shoulder straps (I dont know if you have seen the Israeli army bag) or a discreet high capacity backpack in the trunk of my car. In it I would have a 72 hour kit and a comprehensive road first aid kit (based on ships medical chest? The kit would also be the one I use at home while not travelling).<br>As insurances are a bit tricky, the big bag would be easy to carry inside my home. (As I understand it Insurance companies in the US dont refund items permanenlty stored in the car if stolen, I would not think they do it over here either).<br>Also, when stored at home the bag would be my evacuation/relocation and shelter kit (war is an unlikely scenario but a chemical accident with evacuation or similar are not).<br><br>What dou you guys think, do I state the obvious or is it a good idea?<br><br>Here are _some_ if the items I would have in the car kit:<br>Coverall (doubles as spare clothing and keeps your clothes clean if you have to change a tyre on your way to dinner).<br>orange set of raingear (road safety).<br>backboard for spine imobilisation (in the bottom of the bag).<br>Boots and cap, gloves.<br>Sleeping bag, ground mat and tarp.<br>Stove and food.<br>Tools for digging, towing, repairs etc. (possibly separately for weight purposes).<br>Instant tyre repair-spray-can.<br>headtorch (for changing a tyre at night)<br><br>Any imput welcome!<br><br>Stefan, Sweden