For those that are might be looking for a replacement for the old Patagonia/Chouinard/Black Diamond expedition sewing kit, I have located a near-exact duplicate, except for the style of the pouch. It has the mini sewing awl, cotter pin, heavy-duty thread, machine needles for the awl, and very small sewing kit with small safety pins, shirt buttons, thread, threader, and needles. And instructions. It comes from a Swiss company, with a distributor here in the US, called Exped (www.exped.com). The distributorship is trying to get started here, and the network is a little sparse right now, though most of their stuff is handled by Altrec (www.altrec.com). The US distributor is:<br><br>Carl Brody<br>Exped Expedition Equipment<br>1402 20th St. NW, Suite 7<br>Auburn, WA 98001<br>cb@exped.com<br>253/735-6200<br>fax 253/735-6228<br><br>I recently ordered some of their stuff - poncho and chaps, tarp-tent - which looks pretty interesting (they have this convertible garment/sleeping bag thing called a Wallcreeper), but I just got the sewing kits under separate cover.