I just ordered a couple of user French military mess kits to store my car survivial kit. They are square aluminum halves with a detachable handle to clamp them together. The smallest half is 6" x 4.5" x 2". Not nearly as big as a coffee can, but I like the square shape, which will stow better. And I like the fact that the container can be used for heating food or, more importantly, melting snow for drinking water. <br><br>I might be challenged to fit stuff in it, but I'm not as concerned about that as I can stow other gear in the car in different containers, a small tool box, for example. So I'll try to keep the contents related to pure survival items with an eye towards "what if I had to abandon the vehicle?" It also has a large "D: ring on one end so I'll clip on a carabiner that could be used to clip the whle thing to a pack or belt.<br><br>I ordered it though www.sportsmansguide.com <br>WX1C - 49698 - 2-pack Used French Mil. Mess Kits <br>$7.95<br><br>Willie Vannerson<br>McHenry, IL