Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Few more details, they had a CamelBak. Anatoxin-A cannot be filtered out of water, and they didn't have one anyway. https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/toxic-algae-california-family-death-yosemite-16461960.php
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Also, that's probably too much paracord... by teacher @ Yesterday at 03:56 PM

...and too much duct tape.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: GHB bag thinking... by teacher @ Yesterday at 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Herman30Originally Posted By: teacher _ Guy in New York state plans to walk 20 miles home ( so 7 hours to 2 days outside) ...but no winter jacket for winter or sun protection for summer... And from news videos that I have seen
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steal Boat- Sail into Hurricane - Die by dougwalkabout @ 09/16/21 11:11 PM

Interesting! Gentlemen, I defer to your wisdom. Maybe the PLB activation was an attempt at misdirection? Dunno.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Unplanned Night Out: Sleeping comfortably by chaosmagnet @ 09/16/21 04:02 PM

Thank you amper! I’m choosing synthetic over down for contingency gear. Down has its advantages to be sure, but I want to carry gear that doesn’t need to be stored uncompressed, and that doesn’t degrade in performance so much when wet. Were I back
The Survival Forum
1. Oxygen 2. Immediate first aid - if needed 3. Protection against environmental exposure - extreme cold or heat - and other life-threatening dangers. 4. Water/Hydration Certainly having the will to live and having survival skills play an importa
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fenix PD36 TAC, ALB-10, ARB-L21-5000U by paulr @ 09/13/21 08:35 PM

The battery shops I mentioned haven't had any issues with fakes. People have been using them on BLF and CPF for years. As a more general matter, fake batteries don't seem to be as rampant now as they were a couple years ago, though I'm sure they st
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A good, cheap knife by amper @ 09/13/21 06:04 PM

My actual EDC folder is not an under $50 knife, but the same vintage Gerber Harsey AirFrame I've been carrying for over 15 years, now. There's probably a post here from when I bought it, since I joined ETS 19 years ago. I actually have two of them, o
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Carrying more gear nowadays? by amper @ 09/13/21 05:56 PM

No. Why would I? Other than a mask, gloves, and some hand sanitiser, why would I need more gear than usual, these days? I barely even leave the house. I rarely go to my office, and pretty much only go out to go food shopping, and once a month to depo
The Survival Forum
Yes, "Extra", I mistyped that. Probably because I haven't bothered to study to take the Extra Class examination.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What do you carry but have never used? by Plainsman @ 09/13/21 04:44 PM

If it doesn’t get used, I dont carry it! Some may argue their CCW, but Ive used mine to dispatch animals and simply do some “plinking” at a convenient spot to shoot while carrying…so it gets used for things other than self defense.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What Song Describes How You Feel? by LesSnyder @ 09/12/21 11:23 PM

on the lighter side, since cataract surgery... "I can clearly now" by Jimmy Cliff
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: More Kochanski video by Roarmeister @ 09/12/21 05:02 PM

FourDog is actually an American company based in Minnesota - Don Kevilus and Mors have been friends for years. Don often comes up to Canada to Frostbite events and the Winter Camping Symposium. https://www.frostbitesymposium.com/http://www.ontariowi
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Paracord discussion by CJK @ 09/12/21 01:55 PM

I have used paracord to make a net...... not for survival but for volley ball! More just for the 'I can do this' aspect but we DID need a net. Made it the day before we had gotten together. Worked well. Learned a lot about net making in that one proj
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Your bug out bag has the wrong gear by Acropolis50 @ 09/12/21 08:22 AM

Coming from you, Chaosmagnet, I consider that ‘high praise’ indeed. It has been a work in progress for many decades and seen different sizes and emphasizes. They say that armies always prepare for the last war and , as u can see, my preps 911/ ac
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Corny Jokes by Hanscom @ 09/12/21 01:00 AM

What is the difference between a cat and a comma? A cat has claws on the ends of its paws. A comma has a pause at the end of its clause.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Black Diamond Flare Headlamp? by Phaedrus @ 09/12/21 12:53 AM

I'll be curious to see how you like it!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: my cargo pocket sk by paulr @ 09/12/21 12:39 AM

Impressive necro. Countycomm has Dyneema thread and cord if that is of interest: https://countycomm.com/products/combat-engineer-dyneema-thread https://countycomm.com/products/dyneema-32-feet-130lbs-test
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Ren), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
tmc, McGooberstien2021, lmv, cewibak263, mazacheeein
5350 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Gerrish-Chung Family death on Savage-Lundy trail
by Ren
Yesterday at 05:25 PM
Also, that's probably too much paracord...
by teacher
Yesterday at 03:56 PM
GHB bag thinking...
by teacher
Yesterday at 03:50 PM
Steal Boat- Sail into Hurricane - Die
by dougwalkabout
09/16/21 11:11 PM
The Unplanned Night Out: Sleeping comfortably
by chaosmagnet
09/16/21 04:02 PM
What's the Most Important Thing Needed to Survive?
by KenK
09/13/21 11:17 PM
Fenix PD36 TAC, ALB-10, ARB-L21-5000U
by paulr
09/13/21 08:35 PM
A good, cheap knife
by amper
09/13/21 06:04 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.