Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Castaway by Phaedrus @ Today at 03:37 AM

Hmmm...guess I've never actually seen the movie. Sounds like an interesting film.
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Santa Cruz Island Boat Fire by Pete @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

Herman 30 ... very sorry to hear that.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has any of you really buried a survival cache ?? by Roarmeister @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

I watched some survivalists bury their caches and they proudly filmed it for YouTube. One guy said he was going to be smart and not reveal even the general location of where he buried it. He took great pains in concealing and covering his tracks. B
Around The Campfire
This knot looks nice when doubled Single strand diamond knot - doubled how to double the diamond
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder by hikermor @ 09/14/19 05:58 PM

I carried the first Leatherman, the PSK, for many years,starting in 1985, Came in very handy on many occasions, some of which were critical. A PSK with a locking blade and the ability to utilize a Bit kit would be a very fine multitool indeed.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Solving a math equation by M_a_x @ 09/14/19 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: ChiselNow suppose I am a clinic or pharmacy owner. I give 20% discount ONLY for people carrying that card. Isn't it against business wisdom to charge other people 20% more ??? Customers will run to the competition. The 20% disc
Jump to new posts Re: Easy way to start a fire by Chisel @ 09/14/19 03:34 AM

EDITED I put a video that I saw on LinkedIn and Twitter, but the link didn't work. I am not an expert on linking, so I don't know what is wrong or how to make it right. Anyway, the video was on safety; and it shows two guys loading a truck with so
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: AG13 Batteries by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 09/13/19 06:23 PM

I don't know. It would be hard to beat a cute redhead in a Tower of London guard uniform. Perhaps I should have gotten the cute can-can dancer as well. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Originally Posted By: PhaedrusThat would be a cool zipper pull! Thank you. The side button knot looks nice tied around a marble - zipper pull
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you carry/pack a spare phone? by Russ @ 09/12/19 02:50 PM

Doing a search on the relationship of 4G and LTE (two different things) an article showed on, How to Disable LTE on iPhone (and Why You Might Want To). Quote:Tap on “Enable LTE” and choose “OFF” (or alternatively, you can set ‘Data Only’ to stabiliz
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Successful distress signal - note in bottle by hikermor @ 09/12/19 01:40 PM

That was certainly resourceful thinking and improvisation of available resources. But according to the story I saw about their plight, they were stranded because they expected a rope to be in place that would have allowed them to descend. Bad idea
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Social Media by Chisel @ 09/12/19 07:59 AM

I think there is so much nonsense on social media that we oversee the gems and big benefits. Like some of you I have been fed up with ppl shooting videos of every second of their daily life, their breakfast, their lunch, coffee break, dinner .. and w
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $50 to spend on hurricane preps by LesSnyder @ 09/12/19 01:37 AM

before trying a couple of brands of commercial AA>D adapters, I built a couple DIY, using a couple of brass washers (dimpled on the (-) end to contact the flat ends of the Eneloops..flat head aluminum bolts inserted into a section of model airplan
The Survival Forum
A very interesting discussion thanks Phaedrus , I was just watching a show on the animal planet call I Was Prey, many different encounters with the animal world. However the most dangerous Is Homo sapiens.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Trick double overhand stopper knot by TonyE @ 09/11/19 07:42 PM

Triple overhand stopper knot Obverse and reverse sides
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to die in the outdoors by teacher @ 09/11/19 07:11 PM

Drowning is mostly preventable; people ignore the rules, conditions and over-estimate their own abilities.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Missing woman survives 2 weeks in Hawaii by teacher @ 09/11/19 07:07 PM

People say PLB's are expensive; I say they're cheap insurance.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Half Dome fatality by Herman30 @ 09/11/19 05:21 PM

At via ferratas all the people are attached to the cable with security tether. On half dome it don´t seem to be mandatory. Perhaps it should.
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Storm Dorian by teacher @ 09/09/19 08:47 PM

Bermuda may now have 70,000 homeless people.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Most Recommended Must Have Survival Gear under $30 by chaosmagnet @ 09/09/19 08:16 PM

I have a few of those wileycoyote, including one on my keyring right now. I am not aware of a better 1xAAA flashlight at any price point.
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 202 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BereniceStanaway, aakanksha, 9Line, SkiSoloII, KMNPack
5293 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Castaway
by Phaedrus
03:37 AM
Santa Cruz Island Boat Fire
by Pete
10:47 PM
Has any of you really buried a survival cache ??
by Roarmeister
08:41 PM
Wordless tutorial III - single strand diamond knot
by TonyE
09/14/19 07:12 PM
Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder
by hikermor
09/14/19 05:58 PM
Solving a math equation
by M_a_x
09/14/19 06:47 AM
Easy way to start a fire
by Chisel
09/14/19 03:34 AM
AG13 Batteries
by Jeanette_Isabelle
09/13/19 06:23 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.