Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: CA military ditches plan to paint new search plane by hikermor @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

Whatever their paint scheme, aircraft, especially helos, save money, time, and ultimately lives. Our county supports a modest fleet which supports, law enforcement, fire fighting, and SAR, all with the same paint job.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: SRU-16/P Training Film by hikermor @ Yesterday at 10:31 PM

Come with me to the Dark Side, Luke... I was reacting to the original statement in the training film which stated that the reason for not continuing the search was the coming of night. When I was active, night capable aircraft were a rarity, but gr
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Defense, bear v handguns 97% success, & by caliber by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 05:33 PM

Very scary!
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Martial Law by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

There were some good answers on this thread but I'd like to point out 1) this isn't a survivalist/TEOTWAWKI forum and 2) some of the responses were not as polite as they should be. Thread locked. chaosmagnet
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Emergency Alert System Test by bsmith @ Yesterday at 12:41 AM

just wondering how newton's third law will come into play. and then there are those darn unintended consequences.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Giving paper matches another look by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 09/20/18 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermorYou can also increase your odds with a bit of alcohol based hand sanitizer/accelerant (Purell is a common brand). it can be obtained in very small bottles. Good to know. I EDC Medline hand sanitizer. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: get a cheap laptop by TeacherRO @ 09/20/18 04:57 PM

I use a kindle as my backup. Cheap light and slow
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Surviving a Small City by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 09/20/18 04:55 PM

Dollar General is in the process of building a new store two blocks from the back gate of our gated community. The new store will be right around the corner of Freedom Library. I don't know why anyone would want to live here; I hope this trend conti
Jump to new posts Re: Hurricane Florence by LesSnyder @ 09/20/18 03:04 AM

my experience with evacuees to a shelter was completely different from Montanero's...the school I worked at was, prior to the building code change after Andrew, a designated evacuation center... we were the closest shelter to a trailer park near the
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Not Coming Home by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 09/20/18 02:20 AM

I hate to repeat a question; no one answered. I'll rephrase the question. The original post was about comfort items. After going after what I have multiple times, I believe what I need to focus on has changed. This is more about history. A lot, not
Jump to new posts Re: Makeshift sanitation by TeacherRO @ 09/19/18 07:40 PM

Good ideas: Camping basics 101
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Urbane Preparedness - Coffee by TeacherRO @ 09/19/18 07:37 PM

I already EDC a handkerchief - adding a bow tie shouldn't be too much trouble
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Changing my Location by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 09/19/18 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Herman30Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleWhich idol is that? If Im not terribly wrong he refers to this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...ia_Silk.svg.png There was a rally for that flag three years ago. http:/
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: The Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 09/19/18 12:55 PM

Dougwalkabout received his hat when he became Pooh-Bah: http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=232021#Post232021 Here is his acceptance: http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=232069#Post232069
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Doug Ritter is famous! by Phaedrus @ 09/17/18 11:03 PM

That's the tool/weapon dichotomy of so many everyday items. At a little league game you'll see a stack of baseball bats and it alarms no one. If a half dozen people are carrying the same objects down the street at 1:00am they're clubs and people pa
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Tool of Choice by hikermor @ 09/17/18 07:28 PM

Old threads never die, thy just fade away...(and possibly dull with the passage of time).
Around The Campfire
That 'previous owner' probably shopped where I do - https://local.acmemarkets.com/pa/bryn-mawr/601-w-lancaster-ave.html They have a whole aisle full of dynamite, anvils, and rocket-powered roller skates.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Cooking when the power goes out by Phaedrus @ 09/16/18 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: adam2Originally Posted By: IanWe own and use a 'briefcase cooker': Briefcase Cooker 9-10 here and Butane refills 1 each. Very easy and very safe to use. Also an additional gas ring in the kitchen when needed, Christma
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
1 registered (KenK), 228 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
helium_voices, Nic0612, FeloMedina, Weather9237, EHoward
5261 Registered Users
Newest Posts
CA military ditches plan to paint new search plane
by hikermor
Yesterday at 10:40 PM
SRU-16/P Training Film
by hikermor
Yesterday at 10:31 PM
Defense, bear v handguns 97% success, & by caliber
by Phaedrus
Yesterday at 05:33 PM
Martial Law
by chaosmagnet
Yesterday at 03:39 PM
Emergency Alert System Test
by bsmith
Yesterday at 12:41 AM
Giving paper matches another look
by Jeanette_Isabelle
09/20/18 05:11 PM
get a cheap laptop
by TeacherRO
09/20/18 04:57 PM
Surviving a Small City
by Jeanette_Isabelle
09/20/18 04:55 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.