Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Super Shelter by hikermor @ Today at 04:37 PM

I am sure you could almost bake bread in a hogan. They are the original organic structure. No use of petrochemicals or their derivatives, nothing to eventually put in landfills - just local logs and packed soil. They are almost as good as a rock she
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: goTenna = bad idea? by Russ @ Today at 01:49 PM

Chaos, is that a power/bandwidth issue? Or does the equipment need to be specifically authorized for use?
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What should you carry and why? by Mark_R @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

For short out and back trips, I have a mini-kit that compliments my usual EDC: Navigation module (trail map, compass, spare batteries for EDC light) Warmth module (storm matches, synthetic tinder, space blanket, knife) FAK (usual assortment of scrape
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: "Musher's Pouch" for survival gear by Mark_R @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: RussI'm trying to see where color coded nylon pouches are an advantage over clear freezer weight ziploc bags. Color coding has obvious advantages in organizing opaque pouches that need a level of toughness not available in plas
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AQUA-POUCH™ PLUS by Russ @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

Boiling coffee increases the acidity a lot. If you don't have a filter, just put the grounds into the pot of water just off a boil -- no longer in the fire. Best water temps are between 195-205ºF. The grounds themselves should mostly settle out as
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Death by Abalone by Russ @ 01/18/17 07:08 PM

Those must have been really big clams.
Around The Campfire
I have had a lithium primary "leak". Nothing like an alkaline leak/meltdown, but the battery got a tad gunky; the light survived. Never seen any signs of leakage from a NiMH rechargeable.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Fake news literacy may be taught in schools by Mark_R @ 01/18/17 12:10 AM

I took the same course. But, I've gotten more use out of it as a technical trouble shooting technique then dissecting speeches and articles. I found I got more use out of the English Dept.'s Critical Reasoning and Writing course when pulling apart.
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: WDC -- Only 2 Days Water Supply by AKSAR @ 01/16/17 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: LesSnyderwatch the opening scene from "Apocalypse Now"... bottom 1/3 of 55gal drum, weld on some handles, and add some diesel fuel, check direction of the wind, light Been there. Used those.
The Survival Forum
Great idea, QL!! Instant DIY single serving packs. Nicely done! EDIT: Canoedogs' tubes have removable clips on the bottom. I wonder if you could use a chip clip on the ziplock bag to the same effect, changing a single serving into multiple servings.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Day hike becomes 5 day desert trek by chaosmagnet @ 01/15/17 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermor"hydraulic poisoning" I've always used "water overdose."
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Monthly reminder - tech by Quietly_Learning @ 01/15/17 03:16 AM

With the cold weather in much of the US and Canada it's a good time to juice your battery powered jump starter if you haven't in a while. I charge mine monthly and it is always down a bar during the winter.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: FAK update by TeacherRO @ 01/14/17 06:34 PM

...and put it all in a water tight container.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 48 Hours by TeacherRO @ 01/14/17 06:30 PM

If you have to bug out assume 12-20 hours in traffic, leaving town...
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: non 550 paracord? by Rusty @ 01/14/17 03:46 AM

I am a fan of MIL-C-5040 Type 1A cord. It is essentially smaller diameter 550. 1/16" diameter with 100lb tensile strength.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the 10 essentials...prep for camping/hiking by hikermor @ 01/13/17 10:05 PM

Presumably we are talking about AA and AAA batteries, which makes us pretty much dinosaurs in terms of cutting edge battery technology. Lithium ion batteries, 18650, 14500, and the like, offer some real advantages in terms of capacity and reliabilit
The Survival Forum
Since this is a push-come-shove situation, I could easily pack just about everything that I need. I have pared down my clothes and a lot of other things. Generally, food, meds, recharged tool batteries and the radio they fit, the dog and his food,
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lost 11 Year Old - Pretty Savvy by MoBOB @ 01/13/17 06:52 PM

At 11 years old , I would have been lucky to make a walking stick. This kid did OK.
The Survival Forum
Originally Posted By: BruceZed To form such an organization one would have to have a true consensuses from a wide range of Survival/Bushcraft/Primitive Technology Instructors about numerous topics including Skills, Terminology, and sadly even simple
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (MLavallee, Bingley), 254 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mtglass, Vampyr_Engel, jayjoe1010, Hilda000, David2Michel
5174 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Super Shelter
by hikermor
04:37 PM
goTenna = bad idea?
by Russ
01:49 PM
What should you carry and why?
by Mark_R
09:26 PM
"Musher's Pouch" for survival gear
by Mark_R
08:35 PM
AQUA-POUCH™ PLUS
by Russ
07:14 PM
Death by Abalone
by Russ
01/18/17 07:08 PM
Cost of rechqrgeable baatteries vs. alkalines
by Russ
01/18/17 02:14 PM
Fake news literacy may be taught in schools
by Mark_R
01/18/17 12:10 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.