Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Snowmobiler built a snow cave to survive by dougwalkabout @ Today at 05:16 AM

Originally Posted By: TeacherROCarry a -10 rated bag, a survival kit, comm and fuel Easy to say, though valid. I suspect the challenge is the sub-culture of the folks who go out. People who operate solo all the time are cautious and have layers of b
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Offline: Be ready by haertig @ 01/19/21 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: MartinFocazioBig hint: Anything that involves SSH - or command-line - is a non-starter. Only for people who don't know how to use a command line. Quote:Linux anything is not for mortals, not even Ubuntu or similar desktop distro
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by chaosmagnet @ 01/19/21 04:01 PM

Here's a followup, one day short of ten months later. Quote:Having a better plan to leave town would have been nice ó I had an idea of a plot of land with access to water and an RV to park there for a month or two, but it didnít pass the Budget Comm
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Offline Maps App Thoughts by rafowell @ 01/19/21 06:23 AM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnetI've settled on Topo Maps US (by David Crawshay) for now. Pros: 100% free, no ads or membership, easy to use, super nifty freehand distance measuring tool. Cons: Map tile downloads take a long, long time. If your d
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hiker missing for two weeks in Zion found alive! by dougwalkabout @ 01/19/21 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: hikermorNowadays I have a great headlamp which can emit 1000 lumens. I almost always run it at a lower setting but it is nice to have the brighter capability. Yes, it's useful to have a momentary blowtorch. But better to opera
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Increase in infrastructure attacks by wildman800 @ 01/18/21 11:34 AM

My response to everything that is happening is to continue prepping. Food stuffs are my biggest concern. Britain is already seeing food shortages. Retirement in 3 months!
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Dash Cams by MartinFocazio @ 01/18/21 01:34 AM

Dash cams used to be illegal in Germany. Not anymore: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germa...s-idUSKCN1IG1LO
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Helping our ETS Community by dougwalkabout @ 01/18/21 12:41 AM

Since we discussed Linux earlier in this thread, I thought I would append something that may interest. I found a beautifully streamlined Linux variant that is faster and lighter than any I've evern seen, while being highly functional and intutitive.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/17/21 08:26 PM

Mom also has a percolator. Given that she has an automatic drip, a backup automatic drip, and a percolator, she has her coffee needs covered. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter Which vaccine? Moderna.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Pessimists vs. Optimists by Doug_Ritter @ 01/16/21 11:40 PM

Welcome home!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Riddles by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/16/21 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermorIsn't it ducT tape, not duck tapa? Whatever you call it, it is pretty versatile stuff.... Duck Tape is a brand of duct tape. https://www.duckbrand.com/ Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter by Doug_Ritter @ 01/16/21 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnetI held out one entire day before ordering mine. It arrived today, but I've had no time for more than a cursory examination. I agree with bill 100%. Looking forward to trying it out in the field. LOL! Thanks! Hop
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Base layers, long underwear as park of your kits by quick_joey_small @ 01/15/21 11:17 AM

You have 'too many lawyers' Doug? Just how offensive are your knees that you need lawyers if you get seen in your underwear? :-) In long johns one looks like cowboys in comedy westerns. An advantage as far as I'm concerned. Qjs
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Water Purification by RayW @ 01/14/21 11:27 PM

I don't know how long you can store water in the bottles that EMP.. Posted. But the bottles are far more durable than the milk jug style containers. The one in that type that is currently wedged between the tool box and bed side in the back of the t
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you tag your bags? by MartinFocazio @ 01/14/21 03:01 PM

Good idea. Helps. Print same thing on both sides of the tag. At home, it's kept me from getting stuff I don't need. This is something I also do at the firehouse now that I'm one of the 2 quartermasters. It really helps with clarity and speed.
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Phaedrus), 331 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NiceOldGuy, Bishop68, Tin, Knobco, manimal
5331 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Snowmobiler built a snow cave to survive
by dougwalkabout
05:16 AM
Offline: Be ready
by haertig
01/19/21 11:35 PM
Things I have learned recently
by chaosmagnet
01/19/21 04:01 PM
Offline Maps App Thoughts
by rafowell
01/19/21 06:23 AM
Hiker missing for two weeks in Zion found alive!
by dougwalkabout
01/19/21 03:08 AM
Increase in infrastructure attacks
by wildman800
01/18/21 11:34 AM
Dash Cams
by MartinFocazio
01/18/21 01:34 AM
Helping our ETS Community
by dougwalkabout
01/18/21 12:41 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.