Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts extended diamond/lanyard knot by TonyE @ Yesterday at 10:04 PM

Extended diamond/lanyard knot regular diamond knot on top It took four feet of 1/4" cotton cord to set op this doubled knot. 7" were left over after tightening. extended diamond knot tutorial
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MRE shortage by Roarmeister @ Yesterday at 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: RatchIMPs? What that? Edit: OK, I went on eBay, searched for imp meals. They seem to be Canadian and british military meals. Are they that much better? Rumors were that in Afghanistan, the Americans would barter willingly and
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Clothes Pin Zapper (gun) by Roarmeister @ Yesterday at 05:51 PM

We used hard beans for ammo. (Nowadays, nobody uses beans in their food because of the time it takes to hydrate compared to the "easy to prepare" meals of today) Mom would get mad at us for leaving them all over the house while us kids sho
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Abject Failure by dougwalkabout @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: RussOTOH the Bic lighter I found on a frosted park lawn a few winters back still works fine. Matches have their place... Love my Bics too, and wouldn't be without one (or two or three). Longevity is a real issue, though. Mos
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Bandaids That Don't Stick (Rant) by Tjin @ Yesterday at 06:35 AM

Aren't there 'sport', 'extreme' or 'premium' plasters you can get? I tried the more expensive ones with those labels and they do work a lot better than the cheaper ones.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How I have sharpened a Machete by hikermor @ Yesterday at 12:40 AM

Thank you. your post is much more informative that "that other one" (now locked). A machete question. About twenty-five years ago, I had the pleasure of caving in Oaxaca. while there, I acquired a typical machete and scabbard in the mar
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to sharpen a machete by chaosmagnet @ 04/24/18 05:40 PM

Thread locked for now while I look into this. chaosmagnet
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the 10 essentials...prep for camping/hiking by brandtb @ 04/24/18 12:21 PM

In the event of a coronal mass ejection or EMP what would be the effect upon an LED bulb?
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Camping is love by dougwalkabout @ 04/24/18 12:54 AM

Well, we're just waiting for the inevitable monetized link; thus the chill.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by TeacherRO @ 04/23/18 11:57 PM

Invested in some bugout boxes and a rolling duffel
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Hammer lanyard by Roarmeister @ 04/23/18 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnetNice! I could see that being useful for a lot of things. Hmm, a new way to carry an axe or saw on your person (i.e. bushcraft).
Around The Campfire
The problem of injuries due to shark attack can be prevented to a large degree by wearing the proper clothing. Stainless steel 6 in 1 chainmail is an excelent choice. Make sure to get rivetted or welded chainmail. Butted ends are only good for show.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: fiador knot lanyard by hikermor @ 04/23/18 01:03 AM

Thanks for your reply. I like to use my climbing grade biners to attach things. New ones are fairly light and quite strong, and hence versatile.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Swiss Tech by hikermor @ 04/21/18 02:09 PM

My fave key chain tool is the Leatherman PS4. The pliers are tiny, but effective. Even smaller is the SAK Classic - blade, tweezers, scissors. Variant models sport either a ball point pen or a small light. I have found both useful. It ain't no m
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Developing Survival Skills in SAR by hikermor @ 04/20/18 12:46 PM

A significant number of folks have the attitude of "it's a National Park, what can go wrong? The kindly, gentle rangers will take care of every thing..." Apparently a fair number of foreign tourists visit DV expressedly at the height of s
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Canada to finally get a national celluar alert sys by dougwalkabout @ 04/20/18 02:27 AM

Yes indeed, I expect that bilingual alerts will be provided in areas where there is a mix of language preferences. Up here, you choose a language preference when you sign up for, well, anything. For universal clarity, though, it may be simpler to re
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: DefCon Checklist by hikermor @ 04/19/18 12:51 PM

I'd vote for NZ - great mountains and lots of beach front property. I'd get used to water circling the drain the wrong way....
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 185 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ak47Lover, Nari, Begaye, JDanny, Just
5246 Registered Users
Newest Posts
extended diamond/lanyard knot
by TonyE
Yesterday at 10:04 PM
MRE shortage
by Roarmeister
Yesterday at 05:55 PM
Clothes Pin Zapper (gun)
by Roarmeister
Yesterday at 05:51 PM
Abject Failure
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 04:20 PM
Bandaids That Don't Stick (Rant)
by Tjin
Yesterday at 06:35 AM
How I have sharpened a Machete
by hikermor
Yesterday at 12:40 AM
How to sharpen a machete
by chaosmagnet
04/24/18 05:40 PM
the 10 essentials...prep for camping/hiking
by brandtb
04/24/18 12:21 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.