Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Weather radio by Bingley @ Today at 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: WB2QGZTried a Motorola MWR839 Ha, that is the exact same item as the Sangean CL-100! Again, it looks like there isn't much of a demand for innovation, and so companies just rebrand the same product. I do have an idea for innov
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: California Burning by Pete @ Today at 05:03 AM

Russ - an excellent suggestion and affordable. I will bring up that option with the homeowners in our community.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Inside a nuclear bunker built from 42 buses by UTAlumnus @ Today at 03:04 AM

I'd have to say +1 without more info about how it's put together. Especially the bit about water beading on the ceiling.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: ETS Dream by haertig @ Today at 01:53 AM

Next year you can shave off a decade and honestly start telling people you're only 20. Well technically, 0x20 - but only us engineers, computer programmers and mathematicians will pick up on that little detail. And we won't tell!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Delorme inReach Lock Failure by Russ @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

My introduction into a survival mindset came during my initial days of flight training. Survival swimming, various dunkers and being pushed off of a boat so that we could be picked up by a helicopter ó in other words, having fun. Yeah, it was fun,
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Promising Snake Bite Therapy by hikermor @ 10/16/17 06:32 PM

The"report" leaves one wondering what sort of treatment was rendered before he reached the hospital. with good care, there well might have been a different outcome.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Ski glove snot wipe by dougwalkabout @ 10/15/17 03:12 AM

Mitts for serious wind/cold will have a patch of sheepskin, wooly side out, on the back of the mitt. Mildly unpleasant to contemplate, but it's the reality of the human schnozz in cold weather. Fuzzy velcro, anything cotton, or snow is the equivalen
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Fitness over 60 by hikermor @ 10/14/17 02:00 PM

Good old Nordic Track! I actually wore one out, but it took about fifteen years. It was a perfect wau to train for the West Butress Route on Denali....
Around The Campfire
I doubt it. When carrying guns on flight, they might be intended for defense or as barter item. Neither could be consired a particular strength of muzzle loaders.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: My Checklist by wildman800 @ 10/14/17 01:27 AM

God not only sends signs but arranges life so that his people end up where he needs them to be. One must only listen and watch.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Maxpedition deal at Woot again! by Russ @ 10/13/17 12:26 PM

I got my Pygmy Falcon II from Woot as a deal and now I have a Falcon II ó they are different enough. Thanks for the heads up.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Interacting Warning Networks by hikermor @ 10/12/17 06:52 PM

http://temblor.net/earthquake-insights/hunting-fires-with-cameras-5426/ Article on utilizing an existing seismic warning network to also detect wild fires and potential enhancements for the systems. Seems like a good idea.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: the 10 essentials...prep for camping/hiking by Montanero @ 10/12/17 06:28 PM

In flat, featureless terrain, and I include flat forested areas, along with periods of decreased visibility, such as sand storms or blizzards (or nighttime), a compass or GPS, and a map are pretty important. Azimuth and distance can get you through
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Fishing gear... by Russ @ 10/12/17 02:55 PM

Thanks M_a_x. Iím obviously a neophyte when it comes to catching fish. The more I read, the less I knew. Line weight, hooks, lures, bait, sinkers, floats and then thereís the fish themselves and what they like to do and where they like to hang out
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Winter carry by TeacherRO @ 10/11/17 07:29 PM

Putting my cold weather kit back in the car. Added a backpack and small strobe light.
The Survival Forum
Lol - Slang term for bug repellent.
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (unimogbert, haertig, inkslngr), 282 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
DIYELECTROAL, rondha, burth, sgt253, PureTech
5222 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Weather radio
by Bingley
01:11 PM
California Burning
by Pete
05:03 AM
Inside a nuclear bunker built from 42 buses
by UTAlumnus
03:04 AM
ETS Dream
by haertig
01:53 AM
Delorme inReach Lock Failure
by Russ
09:14 PM
Promising Snake Bite Therapy
by hikermor
10/16/17 06:32 PM
Ski glove snot wipe
by dougwalkabout
10/15/17 03:12 AM
Fitness over 60
by hikermor
10/14/17 02:00 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.