Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Drawstring Toggle by Phaedrus @ Today at 05:27 AM

That's pretty slick! A handy one to know, thanks.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Storing gear: Two questions by Phaedrus @ Today at 03:50 AM

My stuff is just in boxes and totes.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by LesSnyder @ Today at 02:23 AM

am thinking about upgrading my night vision capability... can anyone furnish any first hand anecdotal comments... anything from Sionyx Aurora to AN/PVS14 white phosphor? I have a couple of pretty good light gathering gun sights (4x32 ACOG)with 8mm e
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Boring gear by dougwalkabout @ Today at 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Roarmeister I was walking around my house the other day and I collected all the various sets of reading glasses I stashed around the house - 15 to be exact! And 3 pair of sunglasses. Seems perfectly normal to me!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Escape and Evade Kits by TeacherRO @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

I think a map, an app, the willingness to go around and $40 is a good city E&E kit.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Are We Preparing? by TeacherRO @ Yesterday at 10:40 PM

Also, I love being efficient and being able to move fast.
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Urban edc - City by TeacherRO @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM

I'm considering adding an fm radio to keep track of events going on in the city Likely paired with a local news app.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Twenty bucks by TeacherRO @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

I haven't spent or gotten change in 4 months -- All cards now ( Less contact)
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Super Glue toxicity by M_a_x @ Yesterday at 07:42 PM

That clear part could be Plexiglas (or whatever brand name that material may have). In that case it could be glued with aceton if you did not loose too much material. Aceton disolves the surface of the material and gives a good bond when evaporated.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Lanyard Adjuster II by Phaedrus @ 08/11/20 02:52 PM

Very neat!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Lanyard Adjuster by TonyE @ 08/09/20 05:26 PM

Lanyard Adjuster This sliding knot allows you to adjust the size of the loop of your lanyard. Adjuster Tutorial
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Monthly reminder - tech by TeacherRO @ 08/07/20 10:41 PM

Time to check your tech. - recharge everything - check your backups and upgrades -order parts, cables, etc.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Every Day Carry (EDC) by TeacherRO @ 08/07/20 10:40 PM

Its storm season here in the midwest, so we're adding raincoats and weather radios.
The Survival Forum
I almost always carry one. Not used that often, but very effective when needed.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bear attacks revisited by Phaedrus @ 08/07/20 04:28 AM

I know what they are but I've never tried one. In videos they don't seem to be super quick and easy to deploy. Presumably they must work in at least some cases or they would've fallen out of favor by now. I'll probably never try them and I've neve
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Smallest possible survival kit by nursemike @ 08/06/20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: TeacherRO room for cask, Vision of a St. Bernard rescue dog brandy cask flashed through my mind... then i realized that it was a spellcheck-proof spelling error...
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mask preferences by nursemike @ 08/06/20 06:05 PM

I agree that there is a piece of mask-wearing that is performative political correctness. OTOH, properly fitted masks worn by properly trained and well-disciplined wearers saw me through 37 years of working with patients with TB, sars, H1N1, AIDS,
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Trad methods work!! by Ren @ 08/06/20 11:05 AM

AP has a video clip from a helicopter dropping a crate of supplies. https://apnews.com/1566b3c6a377ee907a0f2e143a5b26c9
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
brenaline, keril, MarcusPetz, CBlackRaven, TnSweetie
5322 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Drawstring Toggle
by Phaedrus
05:27 AM
Storing gear: Two questions
by Phaedrus
03:50 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by LesSnyder
02:23 AM
Boring gear
by dougwalkabout
12:01 AM
Escape and Evade Kits
by TeacherRO
10:42 PM
Why Are We Preparing?
by TeacherRO
10:40 PM
Urban edc - City
by TeacherRO
10:39 PM
Twenty bucks
by TeacherRO
10:34 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.