Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: NOAA beacon renewed by Phaedrus @ Today at 08:08 AM

Nice! Gotta be ready.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Also, that's probably too much paracord... by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 06:43 PM

May I suggest better word usage. It sounded like you said, "And I just forgot 100' hanging in the trees on my last execution." Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Man crawls 8 hours for rescue by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 04:55 AM

Yeah, I dunno if he shattered it, etc. Trekking poles aren't the same as crutches either. Ultimately he survived so that's a win.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coronavirus outbreak in China -- now spreading by Russ @ Yesterday at 12:36 AM

This is an update from Chris Martenson of PeakProsperity.com regarding Covid-19. Coronavirus Cases Doubling Overnight In Many Countries - Peak Prosperity Quote:... Covid-19 cases are leaping higher in disparate countries around the globe doubli
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ontario Old Hickory Hunting Knife by hikermor @ 02/23/20 03:13 PM

I too have an Old Hickory knife in my kitchen assortment (along with a Mora or two). Perfectly good cutting instruments with a pointy end and a sharp cutting edge. They do perfectly well what knives are supposed to do. Who could ask for anything m
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What Not to do in a Survival Situation by hikermor @ 02/22/20 03:20 PM

Frankly, I didn't see anything worth discussing. I lurk from time to time on sundry "survivalist" sites -my guilty pleasure, I guess. But ti is a bit disturbing to see the ideology so blatantly displayed therein. My attitude regarding po
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Survival kit in a tube by teacher @ 02/21/20 10:36 PM

Conclusion: I'd stick to better known commercial kits - SOL for instance. Or build your own out of high quality parts. The real key is keeping it small enough so that you'll always carry it.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on "tactical" backpacks. by teacher @ 02/21/20 10:34 PM

Conclusion: most cheap packs lack the weight carrying capacity - and features - that make a mid sized pack useful. I'd stick to either a wilderness backpack or a well known brand of tactical one.
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Revising and updating your EDC by LCranston @ 02/21/20 02:10 PM

I used an empty plastic gift card, and wrapped the long way. It takes up less space in my winter coat. I dont carry that much, only a few feet.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Heat Rescue Disaster Recovery by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 02/21/20 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleOriginally Posted By: LCranstonCurrent 6 degrees Fahrenheit in Nebraska, I wish you could send some of that to Florida. We're sweating down here. Thank you for the cold weather you sent. We did need it. Jeanet
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Luck at the thrift store! by LCranston @ 02/19/20 08:31 PM

This is one of my favorite hobbies! I started this after my kids joined scouts. 100% wool blankets for 2.99 to 6.99 dollars. Nalgene bottles. 99 cents to 2.99 dollars I always keep an eye out for stainless steel bottles, but most are el-ch
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Featured in a Comic Strip by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 02/18/20 07:48 PM

Suzi is the only female we see. She's the one with auburn hair in a ponytail, wearing glasses, blue jeans, and a rolled-up flannel shirt over a black t-shirt. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: The Youngest ETS Member Turns Thirty-Four by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 02/18/20 06:22 PM

I'm not that far off. Jeanette Isabelle
February
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 260 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Dystor, marco234, GarethDuncan, readyforthefall, Acropolis50
5303 Registered Users
Newest Posts
NOAA beacon renewed
by Phaedrus
08:08 AM
Also, that's probably too much paracord...
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06:43 PM
Man crawls 8 hours for rescue
by Phaedrus
04:55 AM
Coronavirus outbreak in China -- now spreading
by Russ
12:36 AM
Ontario Old Hickory Hunting Knife
by hikermor
02/23/20 03:13 PM
What Not to do in a Survival Situation
by hikermor
02/22/20 03:20 PM
Survival kit in a tube
by teacher
02/21/20 10:36 PM
Thoughts on "tactical" backpacks.
by teacher
02/21/20 10:34 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.