Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: fanny pack sized kit by teacher @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

A sling bag would have similar advantages and be slightly more fashionable...
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Revising and updating your EDC by teacher @ Yesterday at 10:25 PM

How often do you re-think, re-plan and re-packac your kits? I'm updating mine, creating one for the office and replacing out of date meds.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Packing a bag: Plan first - then pack by teacher @ Yesterday at 10:22 PM

Also, I learn toward big day packs or hiking backpacks; going for durability and quality - often used. Models like North face, or Deuter.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What Happens on the Internet Stays on the Internet by Herman30 @ Yesterday at 09:24 PM

original car names Thatīs me behind the stove.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Question for GPS Owners by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 06:31 PM

That is so cool, haertig! After a *long* time in ham radio I’m putting together my first HF rig. Recently I learned about a ham radio specific location coordinate system used for contesting and propagation measurement called Maidenhead Grid Squares
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 03:58 AM

Most of the mid-to-upper tier Petzl and Black Diamond lamps have a lockout feature, too.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on "tactical" backpacks. by DaveL @ 01/18/20 09:21 PM

Yep Kifaru
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: When I was your age... by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/17/20 10:13 PM

I was using computers since I was five (1991). All we had was the Disk Operating System, which was a command-line interface. I was first introduced to the internet in school when I was eleven (1997), using Windows 95. Edit: I remember learning how
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Cell phone service and California fires by chaosmagnet @ 01/16/20 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermorI am sure most of us remember land lines. They had their problems also. nothing is totally foolproof. Where I live cellphones are significantly more reliable than landlines were, when I had a landline. I don't know
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Survival kit in a tube by EMPnotImplyNuclear @ 01/16/20 03:47 AM

Mock up? Gather 6 same size empty tins/plastics roll a carry tube out of cardboard (exact diameter match) and try it out ... making one or two is low $$$
Around The Campfire
Slide and Lock Loop II Slide and lock Loop II tutorial
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Prep for long term isolation from medical care by pforeman @ 01/15/20 10:45 PM

https://journals.rcni.com/doi/abs/10.7748/en2010.02.17.9.26.c7537 I think that will 'fix' the first link and get you the information.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: To Those Who Have Lived the 1980s by dougwalkabout @ 01/14/20 11:19 PM

The '80s also gave us the Signals album from Rush. Subdivisions. New World Man. The Analog Kid. I wore out this album -- on 8-track and cassette. It said what I felt growing up in those times. Rest well, Neil Peart, and my heartfelt thanks.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reminder: rechargeables by Russ @ 01/14/20 04:48 PM

I like replaceable batteries because they are really quick to swap out, but if time is not a factor, the power bank + solar panel option is a good one.
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
marco234, GarethDuncan, readyforthefall, Acropolis50, SimonBlack88
5302 Registered Users
Newest Posts
fanny pack sized kit
by teacher
10:26 PM
Revising and updating your EDC
by teacher
10:25 PM
Packing a bag: Plan first - then pack
by teacher
10:22 PM
What Happens on the Internet Stays on the Internet
by Herman30
09:24 PM
Question for GPS Owners
by chaosmagnet
06:31 PM
Customizing Your Medical Kit
by Phaedrus
03:58 AM
Thoughts on "tactical" backpacks.
by DaveL
01/18/20 09:21 PM
When I was your age...
by Jeanette_Isabelle
01/17/20 10:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.