Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Missing hiker found from picture by hikermor @ Today at 12:41 PM

A few mor details. The picture he sent with his dying phone was the worst possible- just his dirty feet dangling over a ledge - at least show a sky line and give searchers a chance.... Apparently he entered an area closed to entry because of recent
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Any shortages where you are? by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 03:43 AM

As of today 4/21/21 we don't have much for shortages here in Western Montana except for ammunition and lumber. Locally the former is hard to find at any price while the latter is available to a degree albeit at much higher prices.
Jump to new posts Re: CB Radio. No, really. by TeacherRO @ Yesterday at 01:30 AM

No, but I am looking into VHF for the boat and hand held ham units ( Baofeng)
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by TeacherRO @ Yesterday at 01:28 AM

added a belt to my edc. Pants staying up turns out to be fairly important.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What commercial kits don't include... by TeacherRO @ Yesterday at 01:27 AM

note: I use a rubberband under the tab to keep my bic in the off position.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Monthly reminder - tech by TeacherRO @ Yesterday at 01:26 AM

Order new batteries BEFORE you need them; especially phone, etc.
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: The urban '10 essentials' by TeacherRO @ Yesterday at 01:24 AM

4. good shoes
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why building your own 72 hour bag is better... by chaosmagnet @ 04/20/21 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Herman30But led lights can not be used as Palmer furnace if you are cold and freezing. I do own LED lights that put out a lot of heat. With that said, I do keep a small candle in my hiking bag.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Corny Jokes by haertig @ 04/19/21 10:08 PM

I was up all night wondering where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Far sighted or Foolish?? by brandtb @ 04/18/21 03:27 PM

Like buying fire insurance on your house. Better to have and not need, than need and not have.
Jump to new posts Re: Tornado season, Tornado preps by pforeman @ 04/18/21 01:22 PM

Being in the middle of the 'Mid-West' Iowa is prone to having these storm events. We've got the flashlights tested and other things in place in case of severe storms. I completed the NWS Storm Spotting course again this year and am in line with the
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Comfort items in your kit by haertig @ 04/17/21 11:10 PM

A Kindle eBook reader with about a dozen book choices loaded beyond the one being currently read A small, ancient SanDisk SANSA Clip MP3 player with earbuds, loaded with my audiobook du jour A couple of different colored 3 foot pieces of kernmantle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mine vs. theirs - the Get Home Bag by TeacherRO @ 04/17/21 10:43 PM

Mine has funky purple unicorn patches; theirs have moral patches...
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (dougwalkabout), 233 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
foundersfamily, wolffromwv, Fenbenlab, GaryF, PaulHarney
5338 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Missing hiker found from picture
by hikermor
Any shortages where you are?
by Phaedrus
03:43 AM
CB Radio. No, really.
by TeacherRO
01:30 AM
Things I have learned recently
by TeacherRO
01:28 AM
What commercial kits don't include...
by TeacherRO
01:27 AM
Monthly reminder - tech
by TeacherRO
01:26 AM
The urban '10 essentials'
by TeacherRO
01:24 AM
Why building your own 72 hour bag is better...
by chaosmagnet
04/20/21 01:28 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.