Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Survial Caches by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: clearwaterProbably against the law. https://www.theguardian.com/global/2018/jan/26/scott-warren-no-more-death-arrested-migrants-water That pretty much sums up everything wicked and evil about humanity.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Strike Anywhere Matches-Playing cards by hikermor @ 12/12/19 09:32 PM

My bare minimum bag contains matches in a waterproof capsule, a Bic lighter in a protective case, a ferro rod, and a Mora Light my fire knife with an integral ferro rod. The knife once worked capably for a week, lighting a gas stove when the lighter
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Donít get stuck on stupid. Also a favorite comment of a friend of mine guns and parachutes , nothing else works when you need one. YMMV
Around The Campfire
ABOK 1424 Ashley calls this a very secure decorative knot. ABOK 1424 tutorial
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Happy anniversary to me! by KenK @ 12/11/19 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet Latency times for satellite Internet is inevitably poor When I first called HughesNet to ask about their service they were quick to warn it was not suited to online gaming - something I don't do at all. I'd read h
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Going off pavement by KenK @ 12/11/19 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: unimogbertI carried a small pocket compass when I was on business trips in Japan. This post reminded me of my (one and only) trip to Taiwan with a coworker. After we arrived at the hotel I was absolutely tired because I hadn't
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Nifty small headlamp by Eugene @ 12/11/19 02:59 AM

I carry this in my EDC now https://www.surefire.com/illumination/flashlights/sidekick.html I top it off after use or once a week. I just got this one for a headlamp/bike light. https://princetontec.com/product/snap/ I used to standardize on AA bu
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Homing Pigeons as survival equipment by dougwalkabout @ 12/11/19 01:28 AM

It's fascinating that such a system could be so successful! The modern brain boggles ... but then it wasn't floating in the icy Channel, hoping beyond hope for rescue. (BTW, I really think you should have posted this on March 32. It would have messe
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Perfection Loop with tutorial link by TonyE @ 12/10/19 10:51 PM

Perfection Loop Lanyard, zipper pull, etc. Perfection Loop Tutorial
Around The Campfire
I just came upon this video showing a lab test of this knot. The rope breaks (over 3000 kg) and the knot does not jamb. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgIBinX236M
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fire starter by hikermor @ 12/07/19 05:11 PM

IANAC (I am not a chemist). I have just used Purell hand sanitizer as a fire starter and fuel on occasion. It's a bit on the pricey side, but it works.. Purell is around 62-70 per cent ethyl alcohol, I believe. Some of the other ingredients must
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 227 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Acropolis50, SimonBlack88, KnifePark, Sank, AppalachianGirl
5299 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Survial Caches
by Phaedrus
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
Strike Anywhere Matches
by hikermor
12/12/19 09:32 PM
Article: Community, Preparedness, Resiliency
by DaveL
12/12/19 05:33 PM
ABOK 1424 (secure decorative loop) with tutorial
by TonyE
12/11/19 11:57 PM
Happy anniversary to me!
by KenK
12/11/19 10:03 PM
Going off pavement
by KenK
12/11/19 07:04 PM
Nifty small headlamp
by Eugene
12/11/19 02:59 AM
Homing Pigeons as survival equipment
by dougwalkabout
12/11/19 01:28 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.