Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lawson's SurvivalWire (Cord) by hikermor @ Today at 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: bacpacjacI'm curious about pulling out just the jute or fishing line without having to pull the entire thing apart. Good question. That is one reason I prefer to use the product in short lengths - zipper pulls, for instance.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: earthquake kit in Japan by bacpacjac @ Today at 01:35 PM

Good GREAT find, WCD! Love the family perspective. Getting the kids involved and making it fun & interesting for them is awesome!~ I like the video description that starts with "We have an earthquake emergency bag in our house, but we don't
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: That knife looks familiar by hikermor @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," they say, so no wonder we have tiger paws. If only DR had consulted with us, we would be brandishing "Scorpion Claw Tactical Survival Wonder Weapons" or some such. I am glad I picke
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Rescue by Drone by Phaedrus @ 02/22/18 08:48 PM

Good points, Adam2!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Defense, bear v handguns 97% success, & by caliber by clearwater @ 02/22/18 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: TeacherROYes but... Bear spray more effective than a handgun... Be aware of exactly the study is saying. Very misleading title and article. They are attempting to blend two different studies measuring two different things.
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Flooding and chemical spills by adam2 @ 02/22/18 01:01 PM

We should avoid becoming unduly alarmed about the leakage or escape of cancer causing materials during a flood. In the USA and other developed countries, standards are very strict and materials are classified as carcinogens when workers who have han
Around The Campfire
There’s an old saying that is appropriate -- “Better is the enemy of good enough”. For many applications, the $11 Mora Classic #1 is “good enough”. “Better” costs a lot more money.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Jim Bridwell 1944-2018 by hikermor @ 02/19/18 10:41 PM

Sad...A climbing legend passes.
February
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28
Who's Online
1 registered (gcarlson), 243 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stephen021, FNORD, Surv3, depha, Ahsan
5239 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Lawson's SurvivalWire (Cord)
by hikermor
02:12 PM
earthquake kit in Japan
by bacpacjac
01:35 PM
That knife looks familiar
by hikermor
07:03 PM
First Rescue by Drone
by Phaedrus
02/22/18 08:48 PM
Defense, bear v handguns 97% success, & by caliber
by clearwater
02/22/18 08:04 PM
Flooding and chemical spills
by adam2
02/22/18 01:01 PM
A good knife for bushcraft AND kitchen duty?
by Russ
02/19/18 11:31 PM
Jim Bridwell 1944-2018
by hikermor
02/19/18 10:41 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.