Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bikes, scooters, etc - alt. forms of transpiration by Herman30 @ 6 minutes 25 seconds ago

I use a Fenix headlamp when riding my bicycle. Like amper I have my light tilted down to light about 3 meters infront of the front wheel. I use 150-200 lumens. I ride in mostly well lit up city area so no need for far reaching light, it´s enough to l
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Chance Personal Survival Pak Comes Back? by hikermor @ Today at 03:27 PM

I agree that the PSK is a very fine kit, but it can be tweaked to good advantage. There are always items which can be added to good advantage - water, for instance if you are in a water scarce environment. You may wish to adjust contents with the c
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Black Starts: How The Grid Gets Restarted by roberttheiii @ Today at 02:31 PM

Great article and a super useful video.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kits I've Built by Famdoc @ Today at 02:30 AM

Here's an all-orange-colored buildable fanny pack option on Kevin Kelly's Cool Tools website: https://kk.org/cooltools/whats-in-my-survival-kit-dug-north/ I have a few of the the items, but am dismayed by the $20 price for what is essentially an or
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Also, that's probably too much paracord... by AKSAR @ Yesterday at 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: amperParacord is crap, and I won't use it for anything, at all. I use proper kernmantle accessory cord….. Please explain why you think paracord is “crap”? You make that rather blanket generalization, but then just tell us
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: DIY Survival Kit for the Japanese Environment by hikermor @ Yesterday at 12:49 AM

I have many memories (nightmares?) of my military service, 1959-1961. A most pleasant memory is my R&R from Korea, a week spent in Japan among some of the most courteous and pleasant people I have ever encountered. During that time, I made a wi
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My new EDC Flashlight: Nitecore EC11 by hikermor @ 11/30/21 11:41 PM

The Fenix interface is quite simple compared to Zebralight, which fortunately, can b used in fairly simple manner.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Converting to Tuf-Glide on Folding Knives by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 11/30/21 12:15 PM

In that case, it must have been a deal that the retailer, Aeromedix, had. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A good, cheap knife by haertig @ 11/30/21 04:47 AM

Yesterday, I was rummaging through some long forgotten boxes of stuff in our spare bedroom (storage room). I found four Moras sitting there, never used. That's in addition to the four or five other Moras that I have and use. So I guess I don't nee
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite water filter & purification... by amper @ 11/29/21 06:14 PM

If I could afford it, I'd have an MSR Guardian, hands down the best on the market, but it costs a fortune and it's relatively large/heavy. So, instead, I now use an MSR TrailShot.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fenix PD36 TAC, ALB-10, ARB-L21-5000U by amper @ 11/29/21 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: paulrThe battery shops I mentioned haven't had any issues with fakes. People have been using them on BLF and CPF for years. As a more general matter, fake batteries don't seem to be as rampant now as they were a couple years a
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Knot I saw on another site by brandtb @ 11/29/21 12:12 AM

a commentator on another site - Thats almost like the Bassmaster's knot for tying a hook on to monofilament
The Survival Forum
Yeah, was saying GPS and compass functionality (in phones it's related to motion sensors) are not related. Strong local magnetic fields can easily swamp Earth magnetic field.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Any You tube channel recommendations ? by Ren @ 11/28/21 02:34 PM

Rekieta Law followed that notorious case live with a panel of lawyers. Also went through the more recent TX incident. Though he's not what you'd call family friendly. Bosnian Bill has stepped away from making videos, think had a family member dealin
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Leatherman Bond - anybody have one? by Acropolis50 @ 11/28/21 08:50 AM

For many years I happily EDCed a LM XE-6, with a Vic eyeglass screwdriver added to the corkscrew. A spring on the file broke and I sent it to LM for repair or replacement. They honored their warranty by telling me the XE-6 was no longer in product
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Black Friday and Related Deals Thread by haertig @ 11/28/21 04:18 AM

Quote:Newest upgraded version of my favorite high-power keychain light is on sale: https://www.olightstore.com/i1r-2-pro.html When you buy one, get a black one free. (Note $5 shipping unless ordering over $29 so 2 of these gets you there.) Thanks! O
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: un-prepping environment by MDinana @ 11/27/21 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: LCranstonIt's hard when no one else in your family thinks in this direction, especially for food. Trying to figure out ways to keep food on hand when you have 2 teenage boys is a pain. For many other things I can "levera
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Storacell Black Friday by Ren @ 11/25/21 11:26 PM

Yeah, have a few loaded up with lithium primaries. Though price of them over here is excessive. One thing they should do, is sell the smaller sized ones like the 4xAA in a ziplock bag, just to provide some waterproofing/isolation.
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Herman30, quick_joey_small), 82 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shad, iota, tmc, McGooberstien2021, lmv
5352 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bikes, scooters, etc - alt. forms of transpiration
by Herman30
1 second ago
Any Chance Personal Survival Pak Comes Back?
by hikermor
Today at 03:27 PM
Black Starts: How The Grid Gets Restarted
by roberttheiii
Today at 02:31 PM
Kits I've Built
by Famdoc
Today at 02:30 AM
Also, that's probably too much paracord...
by AKSAR
Yesterday at 05:47 PM
DIY Survival Kit for the Japanese Environment
by hikermor
Yesterday at 12:49 AM
My new EDC Flashlight: Nitecore EC11
by hikermor
11/30/21 11:41 PM
Converting to Tuf-Glide on Folding Knives
by Jeanette_Isabelle
11/30/21 12:15 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.