Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Bug Out First Aid Kit by chaosmagnet @ 01/11/18 11:33 PM

The SWAT-T is better than nothing but not recommended. Granular QuikClot is not recommended, nor are QuikClot sponges. QuikClot gauze is really good. I'd recommend that you delete the decompression needles unless you have been trained to use them,
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wool vs. Fleece blanket-is wool worth the extra $? by chaosmagnet @ 01/11/18 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermorGranted the thread has a long gray beard, what qualifies it as spam? This is an excellent question. The offending former member posted a URL to a web store that I believe the member has a financial interest in. chao
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Bug Out First Aid Kit by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/11/18 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermorYou are recording more with the scope than just BP - cardiac and lung conditon are pretty important as well. I only know how to take a person's blood pressure. I'm not trained on the rest you mentioned. Jeanette Isabell
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Bug Out First Aid Kit by hikermor @ 01/11/18 09:54 PM

I would strongly advocate for the enclusion of a BP cuff and stethoscope. Doing mountain SAR, when my bag was culled routinely to eliminate frills and unnecessary items, I, and all my colleagues who were suitably trained, toted cuffs and scopes. Es
The Survival Forum
I am sorry to say that I did not notice the date. Still, no harm done, the points raised are still relevant.
The Survival Forum
Granted the thread has a long gray beard, what qualifies it as spam?
Around The Campfire
Life after the nuke event would have its small compensations. Everything will be glowing in the dark, rendering headlamps and flashlights unnecessary...
Around The Campfire
Originally Posted By: TeslinhikerWho here on this forum is actually prepping for a nuclear event? I think there are more every day and less mundane events to prep for. I am, and yes I agree that that there are other and more likely events to prepar
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What increases your survival chance after a nuke? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/11/18 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: TeslinhikerWho here on this forum is actually prepping for a nuclear event? I am. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Bug Out First Aid Kit by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/11/18 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermorNo BP cuff? I do not include a blood pressure because of space it would take up. Originally Posted By: hikermorPerhaps some of form to record vitals/measures taken? Could be very useful to the pros when they take charg
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Water Tight Storage Containers by Teslinhiker @ 01/11/18 09:15 PM

Those dolls would all fit into a couple of 5 gallon buckets - which are water tight with the right lids. As for the photos, have them scanned and digitized then keep on a USB key or email them to yourself and perhaps another family member or close
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What increases your survival chance after a nuke? by Teslinhiker @ 01/11/18 09:11 PM

Who here on this forum is actually prepping for a nuclear event? I think there are more every day and less mundane events to prep for.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wool vs. Fleece blanket-is wool worth the extra $? by Teslinhiker @ 01/11/18 09:10 PM

You guys know that you are responding to a 10 year old tread that has been spammed by a person who only signed up today right? I have reported the spammer to the MOD's..
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Bug Out First Aid Kit by hikermor @ 01/11/18 08:44 PM

No BP cuff or sthescope? Perhaps some of form to record vitals/measures taken? Could be very useful to the pros when they take charge. Would be good to hear from practicing pros on this issue.. Edit: I now see the "Tactical Casualty Care Ca
The Survival Forum
For daily use at home, on a bed, I would favour wool blankets over any synthetic material. Warm, comfortable, not flammable. Except for young children bed blankets need to be a generous size. As a minimum a full UK single size of 70 inches wide by 90
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Bug Out First Aid Kit by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/11/18 07:01 PM

I'm in the process of building a first aid kit, in addition to my EDC kit, that I will bring with me if we have to bug out. Space in the car, or cars, is at a premium. Therefore, I will use this bag: https://www.chinookmed.com/01386rd/home-vehicle-p
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wool vs. Fleece blanket-is wool worth the extr by hikermor @ 01/11/18 05:13 PM

In my experience, fleece is more durable andlong lasting. Moths have not yet learned to consume fleece, but they do nibble away at my wool garments. My subjective opinion is that fleece dries more quickly when wet, and hence is somewhat warmer, but
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: keychain pill container by M_a_x @ 01/11/18 04:16 PM

I use these: https://www.globetrotter.de/shop/bison-capsule-254936-uni/
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: keychain pill container by hikermor @ 01/11/18 02:39 PM

I have one which has served capably for several years. I believe I obtained it from County Comm; https://countycomm.com/collections/capsules -
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: keychain pill container by LesSnyder @ 01/11/18 01:14 PM

if you are not going to access it frequently, I found the one from Harbor Freight to be the correct size for my key chain, but the threads not very good...it just carries a couple of aspirin and ibuprofen and not opened frequently I searched a coupl
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts keychain pill container by Eugene @ 01/11/18 12:33 PM

I thought there were past threads on this but my search didn't find any. I need a small pill container to carry on a keychain. I've seen a couple in pharmacies but they are either too big or very thin/cheaply made. Any good ones out there?
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Car gets help by itself in an accident? by Eugene @ 01/11/18 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: RussMany smartphones have accelerometers inside. Iím sure some app developer could make an app that would detect when youíre driving and program it to detect that sudden deceleration/stop/crash and dial 9-1-1. My phone rides s
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Michelle, EthanJames, Jason91, tangelo, woodstix
5234 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Ridiculous carry - what have you seen?
by Herman30
05:56 AM
USCG Strobe lab & field test reports - 2012 & 2015
by Montanero
01:12 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Montanero
12:57 AM
keychain pill container
by Doug_Ritter
10:38 PM
38 minutes of Fear
by Pete
10:36 PM
Multotool Modification
by mattbpkt
08:34 PM
Where to start? Welcome beginners and newbies...
by TeacherRO
08:14 PM
New bag thinking: BOB GHB realism
by TeacherRO
08:11 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.