Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: AG13 Batteries by Janysboy @ 09/12/19 12:51 PM

I have a small multi tool with a light which uses at 13 batteries. I have had it for several years and never saw signs of corrosion
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: AG13 Batteries by Russ @ 09/12/19 12:14 PM

The AG13 Batteries shown are alkaline so when they go bad corrosion is likely.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts AG13 Batteries by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 09/12/19 12:03 PM

I have a small collection of dolls, mint-in-box. One of them is a singing doll, press her belly and she sings (fifteen-second recording). I've had her since late 2013/early 2014. I checked her box, it says she uses three AG13 batteries. What is the
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you carry/pack a spare phone? by Chisel @ 09/12/19 08:07 AM

I would like to see a 'smarter' "dumb phone" I like the Nokia 3310 but texting is not that easy with its keyboard. Also, I would like to have a 3mp camera for real practical reasons. Other than that , the battery that can last for a week+.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Social Media by Chisel @ 09/12/19 07:59 AM

I think there is so much nonsense on social media that we oversee the gems and big benefits. Like some of you I have been fed up with ppl shooting videos of every second of their daily life, their breakfast, their lunch, coffee break, dinner .. and w
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Social Media by Chisel @ 09/12/19 07:50 AM

Quote:Maybe I'm old school, but I never believed the trade-off of personal information was worth the benefits of social media. (That's another discussion.) In instagram and twitter, you do not have to write your real name. Just choose any user name,
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Successful distress signal - note in bottle by rafowell @ 09/12/19 06:36 AM

This family trapped in a gorge in California was found in a few hours after the distress note they put in a water bottle and dropped in the river was found downstream. News article and video here: https://abc7.com/message-in-a-bottle-helps-rescue
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $50 to spend on hurricane preps by LesSnyder @ 09/12/19 01:37 AM

before trying a couple of brands of commercial AA>D adapters, I built a couple DIY, using a couple of brass washers (dimpled on the (-) end to contact the flat ends of the Eneloops..flat head aluminum bolts inserted into a section of model airplan
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Santa Cruz Island Boat Fire by Pete @ 09/12/19 01:31 AM

Glad to see that they found the 34'th body. That will give families a lot of closure.
The Survival Forum
A very interesting discussion thanks Phaedrus , I was just watching a show on the animal planet call I Was Prey, many different encounters with the animal world. However the most dangerous Is Homo sapiens.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $50 to spend on hurricane preps by Phaedrus @ 09/11/19 08:04 PM

Great info, thanks!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you carry/pack a spare phone? by Russ @ 09/11/19 07:57 PM

I carry a Kyocera DuraXV LTE from Verizon when I’m out and about. Quote:Kyocera’s DuraXV LTE is built with a durable design for staying connected, even in harsh working environments. With a Military Standard 810G rating, it protects against shock, s
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Everything we've read about bear spray is wrong? by chaosmagnet @ 09/11/19 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: BingleyBy the way, chaos, obviously "tactical bears" are... black bears!!!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do you carry/pack a spare phone? by chaosmagnet @ 09/11/19 07:45 PM

An old cellphone with a working charger can still call 911. Basic pay-as-you-go phones are cheap. This is a very good idea.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Trick double overhand stopper knot by TonyE @ 09/11/19 07:42 PM

Triple overhand stopper knot Obverse and reverse sides
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to die in the outdoors by teacher @ 09/11/19 07:11 PM

Drowning is mostly preventable; people ignore the rules, conditions and over-estimate their own abilities.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Do you carry/pack a spare phone? by teacher @ 09/11/19 07:09 PM

We're considering getting some basic phones for the car kits -- just to be able to call for help.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Missing woman survives 2 weeks in Hawaii by teacher @ 09/11/19 07:07 PM

People say PLB's are expensive; I say they're cheap insurance.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $50 to spend on hurricane preps by Russ @ 09/11/19 05:32 PM

Check the 1D Flashlight Kit by Maratac. The flashlight comes with a 4xAA to D-cell converter (battery holder). Using four Eneloop cells you’d get 8800 mAh. One of my D-cell rechargeable batteries is rated at 10,000 mAh, so the four AA’s aren’t
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Half Dome fatality by Herman30 @ 09/11/19 05:21 PM

At via ferratas all the people are attached to the cable with security tether. On half dome it don´t seem to be mandatory. Perhaps it should.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Half Dome fatality by nursemike @ 09/11/19 04:41 PM

https://snowbrains.com/eyewitness-account-half-dome-death/ appears to be two cables, amenable to carabiner attachment, and supervised by permit. proximate cause seems be rain, perhaps poor boot choice, inadequate technique, inadequate training. Wo
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $50 to spend on hurricane preps by M_a_x @ 09/11/19 06:39 AM

1.5V is a nominal voltage. Depending on the history of the cell the actual voltage may vary. The Ahs are the nominal capacity of the battery, i. e. a nominal current can be drawn for a nominal time. With more cells in the adapter a higher current can
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $50 to spend on hurricane preps by Phaedrus @ 09/11/19 06:36 AM

Because D cells are obsolete! They're expensive, sometimes not readily available and not very useful outside of a few applications. AA and AAA are very wide spread and inexpensive. The AA in a D adapter will work fine, it just won't last as long.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $50 to spend on hurricane preps by Bingley @ 09/11/19 05:18 AM

Whoah, I just learned of the existence of multiple AA to D adapters. Eneloops makes a 1 cell AA to D adapter, which seems to me to be a bit underpowered for an appliance that requires D batteries. You electronics wizards out there, let me know if I'
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: $50 to spend on hurricane preps by LesSnyder @ 09/11/19 03:30 AM

my original tent fan that turns the ceiling fan runs 9 hours on single D cell... while I have two generators, my back up is a 7w Goal Zero panel, which can charge 4 AA Eneloops in about 3 1/2 hours of direct overhead Sun light... a two cell AA>D a
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
4 registered (Pete, Russ, UncleGoo, LesSnyder), 225 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BereniceStanaway, aakanksha, 9Line, SkiSoloII, KMNPack
5293 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Santa Cruz Island Boat Fire
by Pete
1 second ago
Castaway
by UncleGoo
10 minutes 10 seconds ago
Has any of you really buried a survival cache ??
by Roarmeister
Today at 08:41 PM
Wordless tutorial III - single strand diamond knot
by TonyE
Yesterday at 07:12 PM
Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder
by hikermor
Yesterday at 05:58 PM
Solving a math equation
by M_a_x
Yesterday at 06:47 AM
Easy way to start a fire
by Chisel
Yesterday at 03:34 AM
AG13 Batteries
by Jeanette_Isabelle
09/13/19 06:23 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.