Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MacGyvering the coronavirus by nursemike @ 04/02/20 10:55 PM

Trying to get my head around the thinking here. Are we planning to build a diy ventilator and set up an icu unit at home, or are we planning to take our ventilator to the hospital and offer it for use in their icu?
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by nursemike @ 04/02/20 10:49 PM

Good information. Important to remember that te mask will be the most contaminated item you have in your house, since it has been live trapping virus form 4-8 liters of air per minute while you are wearing it. OTOH, this is why the gov has been slo
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What Have We Learned? by Phaedrus @ 04/02/20 10:09 PM

I guess things have gone as well for me as I could reasonably expect. I have enough food on hand for probably a month or two although it's not going to be keto friendly. The stores aren't really out of any foodstuffs that I normally buy. The pasta
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by Phaedrus @ 04/02/20 10:05 PM

If I'm lucky I'll find my masks to buy around July!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts How to use a mask by clearwater @ 04/02/20 08:58 PM

"The debate is over. You should be wearing a mask when you go out." Now letís talk about the right way to use masks: Each person in your home should have a mask ó absolutely no sharing. The mask should cover the bridge of your nose and cup
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Reever Knot with tutorial link by TonyE @ 04/02/20 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: LCranstonQuestion- Why Reaver as opposed to Square, or zepplin? not arguing, curious It is more secure than the square knot. More symmetrical than the zeppelin which has the ends exiting from the knot at a right angle. It is
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What Have We Learned? by M_a_x @ 04/02/20 07:11 PM

I reevaluated my stored items. The food would probably last for 2 months, 3 months if I stretch it a little. Articles for hygene would have lasted for 3 weeks to half a year depending on the item (TP reached the restock level). There was no real shor
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MacGyvering the coronavirus by Ren @ 04/02/20 06:30 PM

I know some of our army were specifically trained for driving tanker lorries, specifically for delivering oxygen to hospitals. And hospitals are normally plumbed for delivering oxygen, similar to how water is distributed thoughout.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What Have We Learned? by hikermor @ 04/02/20 06:11 PM

No bored kids here - the li'l Hikermor is at UCLA and we have been helping her and her BF with stuff which has been beneficial to all. i am fortunate because I was anticipating home confinement as the result of hip replacement surgery, now postponed
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Small Scalpel Blade Holder / Handle by Ren @ 04/02/20 04:38 PM

CountyComm has simple single sided razor knives. https://countycomm.com/collections/cutting/products/pocket-straight-razor-survival-tool Edit: doh missed the pic above
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What Have We Learned? by Russ @ 04/02/20 03:45 PM

I learned that in general for this particular drill we were okay. For us TP and paper towels were never an issue. Food was fine and we were able to restock as the stores recovered from the initial panic shopping. We had health items like vitamins
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What Have We Learned? by LCranston @ 04/02/20 02:23 PM

More food. I have a month or so worth at all times. More entertainment for very bored kids. More Xanax for me as I stay HOME with bored kids, sigh.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Reever Knot with tutorial link by LCranston @ 04/02/20 02:21 PM

Question- Why Reaver as opposed to Square, or zepplin? not arguing, curious
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Small Scalpel Blade Holder / Handle by LCranston @ 04/02/20 02:20 PM

2 ideas Exacto blades might work well. 5 packs of blades are 10$ Another way to go would be Outdoor Edge Razor Blade knife. looks similar- 3rd company- Civilware- has one too
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Plague humor - Chad by pforeman @ 04/02/20 01:56 PM

Ran across this wonderful video for our times! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMBh-eo3tvE Enjoy! Paul -
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tech talk - time to update, charge and test gear by LCranston @ 04/02/20 01:52 PM

+1 Teacher!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Small Scalpel Blade Holder / Handle by Craig_Thompson @ 04/02/20 12:46 PM

Thanks for all the great input. I did not imagine that there are small folding scalpel handles available. Keeping one blade extra sharp from my EDC knives might be doable. Evaluating that now.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Reever Knot with tutorial link by Phaedrus @ 04/02/20 06:20 AM

Good to see another tutorial! It's been too long.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Reever Knot with tutorial link by TonyE @ 04/02/20 04:10 AM

Reever Knot A secure and symmetrical way to join two cords Reever Knot Tutorial
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts What Have We Learned? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 04/02/20 01:54 AM

Is there anything that you have learned from this current drill? Is there something that you wish you had done differently? The only thing I wish I had done differently is to include more cheese. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MacGyvering the coronavirus by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 04/02/20 01:29 AM

I saw in the news today that hospitals had to put patients on oxygen therapy and hoped for the best because they did not have enough ventilators. What you have there wouldn't even work as oxygen therapy unless a person stood there regularly replacin
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by MartinFocazio @ 04/02/20 01:29 AM

seriously and absolutely and still is out of stock.
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by Phaedrus @ 04/01/20 08:41 PM

Cool, just let me know. And of course, the offer is subject to change if the TP hoarders here expand their gluttony to yeast.
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by gulliamo @ 04/01/20 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: PhaedrusIf none appears I can pick some up at Costco and ship it, depending on how much of a hurry you're in, gulliamo. That's so nice of you! We have enough for now and am going to try the sourdough starter route. If that fa
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MacGyvering the coronavirus by gulliamo @ 04/01/20 07:59 PM

Would these help? (Obviously, one would require a truck-load of them...) https://www.rei.com/product/144881/boost-oxygen-canister-10-liters?CAWELAID
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Brangdon), 228 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Enoob, StrangerInTheWoods, Tauricornous, Jackandco, lis
5308 Registered Users
Newest Posts
How to deal with fresh veggies?
by Brangdon
0 seconds ago
What Have We Learned?
by Brangdon
8 minutes 46 seconds ago
America's SAR Is in a State of Emergency
by nursemike
Today at 03:46 AM
Anybody planting a garden?
by Teslinhiker
Today at 01:00 AM
How long does the coronavirus live on surfaces?
by KenK
Today at 12:49 AM
Funny Photos
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 09:57 PM
Revising and updating your EDC
by Chisel
Yesterday at 06:55 PM
Oregon sends 140 ventilators to New York
by chaosmagnet
Yesterday at 02:11 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.