Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter by Doug_Ritter @ 01/09/21 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Blastp.s. Hmmm...are those scales replaceable? Removable, yes, T8 Torx. Replaceable? Guess that depends how good you or a friend are at making scales.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter by Doug_Ritter @ 01/09/21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: PhaedrusI just saw that in an email alert! I must admit that's not a steel I've even heard of. Looks like I better hit the books! https://knifesteelnerds.com/2019/11/01/crucible-s45vn-steel/
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter by Blast @ 01/09/21 03:13 PM

My pocketbook thanks you for not making the handle in a brighter color! I loved the original, but passed it on to a nephew that works as a forest firefighter in Alaska. -Blast p.s. Hmmm...are those scales replaceable?
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Deconstructing the SEVENTY2 Kit by Phaedrus @ 01/09/21 09:34 AM

When the kit was first being marketed I saw all of the videos the company filmed. My first thoughts were that they actually put some time, thought and effort into the kit and that I was not the target customer. It is clearly designed for folks that
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter by Phaedrus @ 01/09/21 04:00 AM

I just saw that in an email alert! I must admit that's not a steel I've even heard of. Looks like I better hit the books!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signal mirror flash shown on video by unimogbert @ 01/09/21 03:52 AM

Internet search suggests that the British used heliographs into the 1940s. Solar powered telegraph.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Signal mirror flash shown on video by hikermor @ 01/09/21 03:22 AM

This thread causes me to recall the heliograph network established by the US Army during the Geronimo campaigns of the 1890s. They established outposts on prominent mountain peaks throughout southern Arizona. Heliograph peak in the Graham mountains
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter by Dagny @ 01/09/21 02:20 AM

Nice! I have the original and love it. Hmmm....
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Deconstructing the SEVENTY2 Kit by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/09/21 12:42 AM

The flashlight uses a single AA battery. I can't find any information on the knife other than the Uncharted Supply Co. logo. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Deconstructing the SEVENTY2 Kit by Ren @ 01/09/21 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnetTwo questions about the kit, Jeanette_Isabelle, if you could answer them. What type of battery is used by the flashlight? Is there a marking on the knife indicating what kind of steel it's made from? This kit has
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter by Doug_Ritter @ 01/09/21 12:25 AM

In case anyone here is interested, we have just introduced a second generation of my RSK Mk3. http://www.dougritter.com/dr_rsk_mk3_g2.htm
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Deconstructing the SEVENTY2 Kit by chaosmagnet @ 01/09/21 12:19 AM

Two questions about the kit, Jeanette_Isabelle, if you could answer them. What type of battery is used by the flashlight? Is there a marking on the knife indicating what kind of steel it's made from?
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Deconstructing the SEVENTY2 Kit by chaosmagnet @ 01/09/21 12:14 AM

I missed the duct tape, thank you, Jeanette_Isabelle for the correction.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
5 registered (Ren, hikermor, chaosmagnet, haertig, Phaedrus), 334 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bishop68, Tin, Knobco, manimal, Sherette
5330 Registered Users
Newest Posts
New (old) Knife from Doug Ritter
by chaosmagnet
Riddles
by Phaedrus
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
07:06 PM
Our local hospital started vaccinations today!
by haertig
04:20 PM
Base layers, long underwear as park of your kits
by quick_joey_small
11:17 AM
Pessimists vs. Optimists
by Phaedrus
04:05 AM
Water Purification
by RayW
11:27 PM
Do you tag your bags?
by MartinFocazio
03:01 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.