Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with fresh veggies? by haertig @ 03/25/20 06:37 PM

I am not to the point where I'm going to be spraying down my bags of frozen corn with bleach, or boiling my banana in a bucket of Clorox. If things are really that bad, there's no preventing getting this virus, no matter what you do. Theoretically,
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with fresh veggies? by Nomad @ 03/25/20 04:04 PM

Here is a link to a video by a nurse showing proper handling of groceries. https://youtu.be/sjDuwc9KBps Nomad
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with fresh veggies? by Doug_Ritter @ 03/25/20 03:07 PM

FWIW, an article today discussing these issues: https://www.foxnews.com/health/can-coronavirus-spread-through-food-or-packaging
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by M_a_x @ 03/25/20 02:31 PM

Even if they are available and can be shipped to the door that would not resolve the trainig issue. Unforunately muzzle loaders require even more training than cartridge guns and they offer more options to make mistakes during loading. The sequence o
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by Herman30 @ 03/25/20 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: DaveLWine,guns,ammo what else does a guy need Bacon.
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by DaveL @ 03/25/20 01:10 AM

Wine,guns,ammo what else does a guy need
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by nursemike @ 03/25/20 12:03 AM

Hikermor, I salute you. That is the most mountain man act since D. Crockett used a snowball for a pillow. How long did it take you to unpucker?
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by hikermor @ 03/25/20 12:00 AM

Just climb up intothe mountains. There's lots of snow there. oh, wait!! Les, You are in Florida... No mountains there, Darn!!
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by LesSnyder @ 03/24/20 11:27 PM

hikermor... it is 7:26pm (est) and 78F.... snow is late this year
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by hikermor @ 03/24/20 11:16 PM

Over time, I have used various expedients for TP. One of the best (and most exhilarating) is a nice big snowball. Frozen bidet??
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sew your own masks by Phaedrus @ 03/24/20 08:53 PM

We have a strategic reserve of petroleum, I wish we had strategic stores of medical gear (or if "we" do I wish it would be shared more readily). Pandemic is at least as much of a natl security issue as terrorism or attack by a hostile nati
Jump to new posts Re: Things I have learned recently by clearwater @ 03/24/20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnetMany friends have asked me about firearms and related concerns during the crisis. During the crisis is too late to be trained and ready, and thatís a hard lesson for them to learn. Some friends in restrictive jurisdic
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with fresh veggies? by Nomad @ 03/24/20 03:03 PM

Thanks for the help. Really appreciated. Nomad.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with fresh veggies? by nursemike @ 03/24/20 02:32 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/cleaning-disinfection.html The CDC is pretty careful in its language, saying that they don't really know about CV-19 in the environment, but that person to person is the major transmission route. Tha
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sew your own masks by nursemike @ 03/24/20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: KenK I'll have to admit that I don't understand why 95% filtering efficiency is considered sufficient protection against the virus. Maybe it's like drinking water cleanliness. The body can fight just a few nasties (such as 5%),
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Helping our ETS Community by dougwalkabout @ 03/24/20 04:55 AM

Your credit rating is worth defending, though. It affects everything from borrowing rates to insurance rates to employment prospects. Edit: And on dating sites these days, a top-shelf credit rating is a particularly potent pheromone. A dealer-financ
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Carrying more gear nowadays? by dougwalkabout @ 03/24/20 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: nursemikeAnd please add a checkered table cloth for the tailgate, and a bud vase with a single rose: you are a senior member of the forum and we expect a certain level of decorum, dammit. LOL! Love it!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Helping our ETS Community by Chisel @ 03/24/20 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnetOriginally Posted By: ChiselI got a desktop and a laptop. Both on Win7 The desktop is not hooked to internet. I use it mostly with Word and Excel filesm plus seeing some movies. Laptop is connceted to internet and I
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: How to deal with fresh veggies? by dougwalkabout @ 03/24/20 04:02 AM

I've been using the same routine as for chemical and Hep A contamination on store-bought fruits and vegetables. Anything that will be eaten raw gets a good wash/scrub in water with a little dish soap, followed by a thorough rinse, before prep and ea
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Carrying more gear nowadays? by LesSnyder @ 03/24/20 02:51 AM

nursemike... will do... the salt shaker is a repurposed small pill bottle I drilled a hole in... that way the restaurant I frequent most doesn't have to sanitize the inside salt shaker.... the salt/pepper chili flake and garlic powder are not on the
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts How to deal with fresh veggies? by Nomad @ 03/24/20 02:41 AM

As an 80 year old guy with many health "issues", I am quite concerned about keeping my home free of contamination. So we got some fresh veggies from a local store. Take an onion for instance. How do I decontaminate an onion? I suggested tha
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sew your own masks by KenK @ 03/24/20 02:38 AM

A very nice article that explains the N95 respirator rating. Note that it recommends infected persons NOT wear a respirator with an exhalation valve, since it can allow aerosols to exit the respirator. https://pksafety.com/blog/respiratory-basics-n
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sew your own masks by KenK @ 03/24/20 02:20 AM

I came across this easy to understand (even for my older brain) article while trying to understand some of the terms used. http://emag.medicalexpo.com/which-masks-actually-protect-against-coronavirus/ My take away: A surgical mask protects others f
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sew your own masks by chaosmagnet @ 03/24/20 12:59 AM

Keep the tone civil please. chaosmagnet
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sew your own masks by clearwater @ 03/23/20 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael2Originally Posted By: clearwaterSo your point? My point is that there's a lot of confusion out there, and simply saying, "The experts say we should wear masks," adds to that confusion if you don't include t
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (chaosmagnet), 219 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Tauricornous, Jackandco, lis, Dystor, marco234
5306 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Donating Gloves & Masks
by LesSnyder
02:02 PM
And, now a wee bit of entertainment...
by brandtb
12:34 PM
Condom Shortage?
by brandtb
12:28 PM
Zippo in the game
by Jeanette_Isabelle
12:01 PM
The [Stuff] Just Got Real
by Chisel
06:54 AM
Helping our ETS Community
by Phaedrus
07:32 AM
Onward
by Phaedrus
07:29 AM
Things I have learned recently
by gulliamo
03/27/20 01:41 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.