Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/15/20 05:34 PM

As I said, "for now, I don't see it. Maybe later." "Maybe later" means I may add one at some unknown date in the future. Originally Posted By: hikermorBut why should you pay attention to experienced practitioners? I've added man
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by hikermor @ 01/15/20 04:31 PM

Note that ERs and ORs are generally well lighted locations. i dare say Romania has treated victims in less well lit spots. I know I have. Being able to see is a very good idea, especially when both hands are busy, conducting an exam, staunching th
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/15/20 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Alan_RomaniaThat is why you need a headlamp. What that means is, I don't see a need for a headlamp. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by Alan_Romania @ 01/15/20 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleI don't see it. Jeanette Isabelle That is why you need a headlamp.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/15/20 01:53 AM

Today I added the dental kit. https://www.chinookmed.com/01350/dental-tmm-de.html I believe my main medical kit is as comprehensive as it can be for its size. Several of you have made a case for a headlamp; for now, I don't see it. Maybe later. J
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Question for GPS Owners by KenK @ 01/15/20 12:14 AM

My Garmin's Nuvi automotive gps use N and W. My Garmin GPSMAP 60csx uses N and W. Google maps uses + and -.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: To Those Who Have Lived the 1980s by dougwalkabout @ 01/14/20 11:19 PM

The '80s also gave us the Signals album from Rush. Subdivisions. New World Man. The Analog Kid. I wore out this album -- on 8-track and cassette. It said what I felt growing up in those times. Rest well, Neil Peart, and my heartfelt thanks.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: To Those Who Have Lived the 1980s by chaosmagnet @ 01/14/20 10:19 PM

No more “end of the world” discussion here, please. chaosmagnet
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: To Those Who Have Lived the 1980s by DaveL @ 01/14/20 09:26 PM

I live with in eye sight of Cheyenne Mountain, no worries I won’t fee a thing
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Question for GPS Owners by pforeman @ 01/14/20 08:41 PM

Did my 'research' - thank goodness for the internet! To get the coordinates on smartphone map apps you just have to pick a spot and put a 'pin' on it (usually just touch the map spot for a bit and the pin will come up). The information is then list
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: To Those Who Have Lived the 1980s by pforeman @ 01/14/20 08:20 PM

I am not sure that the threat today is really worse but it is substantially different. I've hit the old-as-dirt stage or am almost there as I was born in the very early '50s and remember scary stuff from all of the decades right up to now (duck an
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Question for GPS Owners by pforeman @ 01/14/20 08:14 PM

I have an old Magellan Meridian Plus and it uses positive numbers. I've got a GPS in our 2008 Prius and it uses positive numbers for input. I looked at my iPhone (11) and none of the three map apps had an option for longitude/latitude entry. They
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Question for GPS Owners by dougwalkabout @ 01/14/20 06:35 PM

For those of you who use car and handheld GPS units: For a North American location, does your system ask you to enter longitude as a negative number (-xx.xxx), or as a positive number with the West designation (xx.xxx W)? I'm writing a guidebook fo
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: To Those Who Have Lived the 1980s by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 01/14/20 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: dougwalkaboutThree words: launch on warning. Growing up, many of us lived with the knowledge that our world could literally come to an end in 30 minutes, and this nearly happened due to errors. I was rather surprised when I reac
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: To Those Who Have Lived the 1980s by dougwalkabout @ 01/14/20 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleTo those who have lived it, was the 80s truly the blessed time that I imagine it was? No. Three words: launch on warning. Growing up, many of us lived with the knowledge that our world could literally come to a
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: To Those Who Have Lived the 1980s by plsander @ 01/14/20 05:39 PM

Born in 65, so 80s were late high school, college, and beginnings of career. Good times, good music, etc. Had to know what you were doing to use a computer, command line only and few GUIs. But for all the 70s and 80s joys, I like the tech advances
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reminder: rechargeables by Russ @ 01/14/20 04:48 PM

I like replaceable batteries because they are really quick to swap out, but if time is not a factor, the power bank + solar panel option is a good one.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reminder: rechargeables by dougwalkabout @ 01/14/20 03:10 PM

NiMH batteries also perform best when exercised on occasion. A few full charge and discharge cycles helps restore their full capacity.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reminder: rechargeables by hikermor @ 01/14/20 03:43 AM

I have never had an Eneloops go completely dead on me while in storage, but I have exhausted a few in service. I have charged them right up, both with solar panels and 120 AC. I keep several NiMHs on hand, nominally fully charged. When I go out o
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reminder: rechargeables by Ratch @ 01/13/20 11:36 PM

Question: Eneloops May discharge in storage, but after a long period can they be brought back up to serviceable voltage, say by use of a solar charger, etc?
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reminder: rechargeables by Eugene @ 01/13/20 02:16 PM

Remember batteries don't discharge in a linear curve (NiMH, Alkaline, etc) https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-e&biw=1232&bih=674&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ACYBGNR7JDkMv0u1Wa-V91k5ZuG2eo1xZg%3A1578924657991&sa=1&ei=cXocXq
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reminder: rechargeables by haertig @ 01/13/20 06:02 AM

I just did some recharging today after seeing this thread. It had been several months (6+ probably). I was surprised to find that my LiION's had held their charge slightly better than my Eneloop NiMH's. I would have expected just the opposite. I
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 289 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
marco234, GarethDuncan, readyforthefall, Acropolis50, SimonBlack88
5302 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What Happens on the Internet Stays on the Internet
by Herman30
Today at 08:12 AM
Customizing Your Medical Kit
by Phaedrus
Today at 03:58 AM
Question for GPS Owners
by dougwalkabout
Today at 03:35 AM
Thoughts on "tactical" backpacks.
by DaveL
Yesterday at 09:21 PM
When I was your age...
by Jeanette_Isabelle
01/17/20 10:13 PM
Cell phone service and California fires
by chaosmagnet
01/16/20 08:35 PM
Survival kit in a tube
by EMPnotImplyNuclear
01/16/20 03:47 AM
Slide and Lock (adjustable) Loop II/Tutorial Link
by TonyE
01/15/20 10:56 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.