Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Not Coming Home by Montanero @ 11/13/18 04:17 PM

That is uncalled for and rude.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: How Much is Too Much? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 11/13/18 01:04 PM

Nevermind. I realize I answered my own question. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts A Tribute to Stan Lee by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 11/13/18 12:45 PM

Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Anniversary by haertig @ 11/13/18 04:13 AM

Wow, it feels like it was just last month that you posted was your 11th anniversary. Where does the time go?! Congrats!
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Not Coming Home by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 11/13/18 04:09 AM

Deleted.
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Not Coming Home by LesSnyder @ 11/13/18 04:00 AM

I assumed you were asking for suggestions... I'll refrain from offering any in the future... regards
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Anniversary by chaosmagnet @ 11/13/18 01:13 AM

Congratulations Jeanette Isabelle!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RSK-G2 by chaosmagnet @ 11/13/18 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug_RitterThanks! The heat treat is outsourced, as it is with virtually all the major U.S. knife manufacturers. It's about the only part of the manufacturing process that Hogue does not do in-house. As to who exactly, that is
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Not Coming Home by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 11/13/18 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: LesSnyderJI...at a minimum, especially if your plans are to cook over an open fire, some form of small slip joint pliers, or Vise Grip pliers (I tend to always need to move some pot of hot food), a Phillips/straight blade revers
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: fresh motivation to pack a "Go bag" by LesSnyder @ 11/13/18 12:52 AM

TeacherRO... does NOAA issue wild fire warnings on your weather alert radio for your location?
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Not Coming Home by LesSnyder @ 11/13/18 12:48 AM

JI...at a minimum, especially if your plans are to cook over an open fire, some form of small slip joint pliers, or Vise Grip pliers (I tend to always need to move some pot of hot food), a Phillips/straight blade reversible screw driver and a form of
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Anniversary by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 11/13/18 12:44 AM

Tomorrow marks my twelfth anniversary in this forum. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Urban Prep Class at REI by TeacherRO @ 11/12/18 08:19 PM

Sounds interesting, thanks. Will check it out.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts fresh motivation to pack a "Go bag" by TeacherRO @ 11/12/18 08:18 PM

The california fires have moved me to take a look at a new "go bag" ( and one for the puppy.)
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Not Coming Home by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 11/12/18 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleSome memories are in the form of hand tools. That is an easy decision to make because tools serve a practical purpose. The following are the tools I have: Ratchet Ratchet Extension Socket: 1/2" Wrenches: 1
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: How Much is Too Much? by haertig @ 11/12/18 04:38 PM

Last time I bought any at a horse place, it was quite cheap: https://www.horse.com/item/syrvet-syrflex-bandage/SLT181151/ But this is the 4" size. If you want smaller, you may not find that at a horse place, but if you do it might be expensiv
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Urban Prep Class at REI by GoatRider @ 11/12/18 02:52 PM

From wikipedia: "Virtue signalling, spelled virtue signaling in the United States, is the conspicuous expression of moral values. The term was first used in signalling theory, to describe any behavior that could be used to signal virtueóespec
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: RSK-G2 by Doug_Ritter @ 11/12/18 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: RussConsidering the very obvious similarities to the Benchmade Griptilian and RSK Mk 1, additional credit is hardly necessary. The blade design was/is DRís, the patent is up on the Axis lock and the upgraded lock parts and hand
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: California Wildfires- Nov. by Pete @ 11/12/18 01:55 AM

"Iíd say a few controlled burns are in order" its essential. i dont know how political it is. its the one strategy that might save California at this time. best done in winter. i hope they go ahead with it. thanks for the comment.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: California Wildfires- Nov. by rafowell @ 11/11/18 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Pete...One problem with the fire maps on Google - it is not clear which direction the fire is going. Keeping in mind that evolution of wildfires is somewhat unpredictable, you can see the evolution over the last ~48 hours if you
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: How Much is Too Much? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 11/11/18 11:15 PM

It's 3 Credits, not $3. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: California Wildfires- Nov. by Russ @ 11/11/18 11:00 PM

Iíd say a few controlled burns are in order, but in this day and age that might be considered political. Seems like everything is politicized these days.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: How Much is Too Much? by Russ @ 11/11/18 10:55 PM

Thatís $3 per roll (for min 10 rolls) versus $1 per roll for 12 rolls at the second link in my post above. $30 for 10 rolls vs $12 for 12 rolls. Iíd go with 12 rolls.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: California Wildfires- Nov. by Pete @ 11/11/18 09:35 PM

I notice that there is an argument growing between Washington DC and the State of California ... about the costs of these wildfires. I have no intention of getting involved in the politics. Let me simply say this. California has an enormous quanti
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: California Wildfires- Nov. by Pete @ 11/11/18 09:31 PM

Thank you Herman30. That chart of wind patterns is a great piece of information!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
5 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle, acropolis5, Russ, Treeseeker, hikermor), 234 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nova, jackmiller, DaveL, Dale, rac
5267 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Winter preps -- Time for the switch over
by TeacherRO
07:04 PM
Respirators (& other breathing filtration)
by KenK
02:14 PM
stuff you don't see in EDC...
by TeacherRO
06:37 AM
Monthly reminder - tech
by TeacherRO
06:33 AM
Stuff to pick up at your local thrift store
by TeacherRO
06:31 AM
California Wildfires- Nov.
by katarin
02:47 AM
Community Standards
by chaosmagnet
12:59 AM
Roy Clark
by Jeanette_Isabelle
11/15/18 09:46 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.