Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 07/16/17 06:13 PM

This kit is a bit bulky, so it's not ideal for travel. In my opinion, it is the best value, best bang for the buck. https://www.samsclub.com/sams/first-aid-kit-351-pieces/prod20200504.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1 Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Sa
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: British Columbia is Burning by Pete @ 07/16/17 05:10 PM

thanks for posting the lightning map. its the first time i have seen one. quite amazing. i am guessing that they get this data from satellites. Maybe some of that lightning is cloud-to-cloud. but i think your basic "lightning math" is
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? by voyaginator @ 07/16/17 04:10 PM

Glad I read that thread. So, looked at aid emergency kit, then, thought not that one, not enough, this one too small, etc. So, ending up ordering a "good" one https://goo.gl/ME7Btc okay, kind of expensive but for a family. And that i
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Recent Bear Attacks by hikermor @ 07/16/17 01:12 PM

"I see no reason why a bear would not find this a nice place to create a home. Besides, there are all those tasty trash cans to explore. . ." The extreme examples of this trend would be some of our parks, like Yosemite, where many people c
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Inexpensive knives, ver. 2.0 by hikermor @ 07/15/17 11:01 PM

Yes, Moras are lower priced, but they are definitely not "cheap." I think it is safe to say they represent an excellent value and would generally be first choice in the lower price range.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Everyday cargo shorts by nursetim @ 07/15/17 08:11 PM

I had a pair of sportif shorts that I loved. I believe they were called flat iron. They had a cargo pocket, then an open top pocket behind the cargo pocket, then a regular front pocket. I don't think they make them anymore, pity.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? by Montanero @ 07/15/17 07:28 PM

I generally carry a small trauma kit, and have everyone on the trip carry one and ideally be trained in its use. In addition, I carry a general first aid kit for the cuts and scrapes and illnesses endemic to the area. Every person will carry a smal
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? by M_a_x @ 07/15/17 06:58 PM

FAKs are tool kits. Proper training for their use should be acquired before carrying them. I think that is consensus around here. First aid classes usually teach that any medication (including antiseptics and antibiotics) should be left to actual med
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Doug_Ritter, Russ, chaosmagnet), 294 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
albusgrammaticus, johnmarl, AshikurAB, tomar15, Bbbriggs
5207 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Help for novel research.Bugging out from Manhattan
by albusgrammaticus
Today at 04:42 PM
What NOT to do in a disaster
by dougwalkabout
Today at 03:31 AM
Boil-Water Advisory
by hikermor
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
Inexpensive knives, ver. 2.0
by Russ
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
EMP
by Russ
Yesterday at 09:41 PM
Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 06:13 PM
Animal-Caused Death Stats
by Phaedrus
Yesterday at 01:24 PM
Hot Springs Mammoth Site
by Phaedrus
07/20/17 07:16 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.