Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: New knife by Montanero @ 18 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: M_a_x Shortly after New Year´s day one more Eldris and two Buck folding hunters found their way to me (they were on sale and really had no choice). LOL, too right Max, they were on sale so I had no choice! I tell my wife that
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: New knife by M_a_x @ Today at 05:09 PM

I hope your wife does not visit Susie's Beauty Shop . Before Xmas I got a Buck folding hunter and a Mora Eldris. Shortly after New Year´s day one more Eldris and two Buck folding hunters found their way to me (they were on sale and really had no ch
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: New knife by Russ @ Today at 04:46 PM

I’d love to meet him. I carried a CRK Mnandi (African Blackwood IIRC) for a while, then retired it returning to my 940. The two CRK Sebenza’s were put aside, too nice and heavier than the 940. Really, the CRK Sebenza is awesome, but for EDC? They
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: New knife by Pete @ Today at 04:45 PM

that would be cool. Chris Reeve makes excellent knives. I don't own a Reeve knife, and probably wont even buy another knife. But it would be fun to talk to the knife makers.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: New knife by LesSnyder @ Today at 04:35 PM

don't ever attend a Knifemaker's Guild show, and meet Mr. Chris Reeve...
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: New knife by Russ @ Today at 04:26 PM

Too true. It’s been a long while since I bought a new BM940 though and just thought I’d say something; it’s really about the one in 154CM, There are a lot of knives that did get retired early and some have only been lubed. Buy a knife because it
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: New knife by Montanero @ Today at 04:08 PM

Yes, this is a potentially dangerous, and complicated thread to begin. The world may find out where we are REALLY investing!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: New knife by chaosmagnet @ Today at 03:37 PM

If I posted every new knife here my wife would find out what I've been doing with my money. I can't have that.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts New knife by Russ @ Today at 03:22 PM

Really just an upgrade of sorts. Apart from my first S30V RSK Mk 1, one of my favorite knives for EDC is a Benchmade 940. My first BM940 came with a 154CM blade, and my second came with S30V and a Titanium handle. The latest is a BM940-1 with an S
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ripple Effects of Disasters by dougwalkabout @ Today at 04:59 AM

Yes, wise words. Sometimes the first punch sets up the second punch, which hits a lot harder. The fast moving emergency becomes the slow, agonizing march back. The outrageous fire seasons we've had up here in the last two years echo the point: Fort
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PLB Battery replacement? by unimogbert @ Today at 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: EMPnotImplyNuclear Hi, Check out the end of 252413 Let's Talk PLBs...... That was a great thread that I didn't find. Thanks. I'm still using a 14 year old cell phone so I think Doug would call me one of those pound f
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PLB Battery replacement? by Tjin @ Yesterday at 10:22 PM

$150 sounds like a lot, but I just checked the SPOT subscription and that is more and just for a year. Ok a spot can do more; but if you only plan to use it for emergencies, a PLB is still far less expensive per year.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Musical Instruments and Survival Situations? by EMPnotImplyNuclear @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

Hi, I think all these would work with a gravely voice and one guitar, for guitar solo you can whistle Remember to read your audience fgjVrBatu2I The Cure - Love Song (Acoustic Version) - YouTube WWAgBzK-1E0 Ripple (acoustic) - Grateful Dead - 1
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: PLB Battery replacement? by EMPnotImplyNuclear @ Yesterday at 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: unimogbertSo far I've received a quote of $150 plus shipping to change the battery, replace the gasket and pressure test it. That would be the thorough approach advised by ACR's attorneys to prevent spurious lawsuits. But real
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Ripple Effects of Disasters by hikermor @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

A Disaster isn't necessarily over when it is over. On Dec 4, 2017, the Thomas Fire erupted in Southern California, eventually burning hilly terrain of more than 281,000 acres,damaging the communities of Ventura, Montecito,and Santa Barbara. Fortunat
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Happy birthday, Jack London by Ratch @ Yesterday at 07:19 PM

I remember reading To Build a Fire in high school English class. This was a country school and everybody in the class came alive discussing it. The farm kids in the class really liked it and there was a run on jack London books at the school library
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: 38 minutes of Fear by Pete @ Yesterday at 05:31 PM

there are always crazies. but you know what? - they will be held accountable. I'm not sure why people figure that if "zombie days" suddenly arrive, then they can get away with anything. Truth is ... armed robbery is still armed robbery,
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Happy birthday, Jack London by acropolis5 @ Yesterday at 04:04 AM

I read London’s , “ The Iron Heel” , eons ago , as a college student in the ‘60s, on assignment, for a political science class. It was powerful and frightening, even for a fairly grizzled city kid like me. I suggest all of you read it today. “ Ev
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Rescue by Drone by hikermor @ 01/20/18 05:46 PM

http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2017/04/grand_canyon_drone_search.html This is an account of use of drones last year at Grand Canyon - another excellent application of this technology.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Happy birthday, Jack London by Bingley @ 01/20/18 04:56 PM

For us ETS folks, Jack London has a definite appeal as an author who can describe the harsh conditions of nature persuasively, almost like he lived it. (Gee, I wonder how that could have happened? Maybe it's because he actually lived it?) This is not
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Rescue by Drone by adam2 @ 01/20/18 01:31 PM

This link is a news report about use of drones to save life at sea. BBC news In this case the drone does not drop supplies, it is to guide the lifeboat quickly to the persons in trouble, without time taken up in searching. (Most lifeboats in the
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Multitool Mania by Phaedrus @ 01/20/18 10:10 AM

Well, the mania continues! Recently I picked up a couple more MT's from another forum. A fellow was selling a Leatherman Skeletool and an entry level Gerber tool for $30 shipped for both of 'em! I felt a little guilty so I threw in an extra $1
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Rescue by Drone by Phaedrus @ 01/20/18 10:01 AM

Great point! I don't know enough about drone tech to know how handy they are for SAR type activities but probably they're promising. The military drones have pretty advanced sensor suites (or at least that's my guess) and can likely use FLIR, etc t
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: First Rescue by Drone by adam2 @ 01/20/18 08:12 AM

Agree, most impressive, and I expect to see more of this sort of rescue. It must be remembered that in this case, that the two swimmers were conscious and able to save them selves with the aid of a float dropped by the drone. We are some way away fr
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Philippine Volcano Erupting by chaosmagnet @ 01/20/18 02:14 AM

Please feel free to edit your original post or repost the link. chaosmagnet
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (ets777, Montanero, Russ), 263 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ahsan, Michelle, EthanJames, Jason91, tangelo
5235 Registered Users
Newest Posts
New knife
by Montanero
7 minutes 16 seconds ago
Ripple Effects of Disasters
by dougwalkabout
Today at 04:59 AM
PLB Battery replacement?
by unimogbert
Today at 04:21 AM
Musical Instruments and Survival Situations?
by EMPnotImplyNuclear
Yesterday at 10:21 PM
Happy birthday, Jack London
by Ratch
Yesterday at 07:19 PM
38 minutes of Fear
by Pete
Yesterday at 05:31 PM
First Rescue by Drone
by hikermor
01/20/18 05:46 PM
Multitool Mania
by Phaedrus
01/20/18 10:10 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.