Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by clearwater @ Today at 03:46 AM

If you are traveling overseas to remote areas, (mountaineering trips, mission trips, Peace Corps) and have some training, find Doctors who do the same kind of adventures, they are likely to supply you with all kinds of stuff.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by haertig @ Today at 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleIs there any way a nonprofessional could get it? Your doctor, nurse practitioner, physicians assistant or veterinarian can prescribe or just give it to you. But it's unlikely that they'd do that, unless they kn
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Navy monkey fist knot tutorial by TonyE @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

royal navy monkey fist knot zipper pulls
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: CJKAs for the IV..... to me that is a BIG....I emphasize "BIG"... thing! That is the type of thing that can REALLY turn a bad situation around to good. Severe dehydration from numerous sources can be stopped. My wife
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

Two votes against getting the C-A-T. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by CJK @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

As for the IV..... to me that is a BIG....I emphasize "BIG"... thing! That is the type of thing that can REALLY turn a bad situation around to good. Severe dehydration from numerous sources can be stopped. My wife and I survived Norovirus
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by CJK @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

30 plus as a field medic. I've said before... I've NEVER in ll that time used or have properly seen used a tourniquet. The NPA (NasoPharyngeal Airway) I have repeatedly used. If you are using the OPA (OroPharyngeal Airway) in a situation as bad as bu
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

I don't know why I haven't done this sooner. In most situations in which I needed hand sanitizer, Mom is there. I EDC a bag, why am I relying on Mom? I added a bottle of hand sanitizer to my EDC bag. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Medline by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 07:05 PM

First the disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Medline other than using some of their products. For those who use medical products in some capacity, what is your opinion on Medline in comparison to other brands of medical products? Jeanette Isabe
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Organized by hikermor @ Yesterday at 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: clearwaterRemind me not to be checked for pupil reactivity by Hikermor and his 500 lumen headlamp. :^]. Actually, one might tone it down a bit. The beauty of a really good headlamp these days is the great range of variability
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Tough old babushkas by clearwater @ Yesterday at 06:05 PM

Canada Natives too. Bella Twin, World Record Grizzly bear, single shot rifle, 22 "long" (not one of those new fangled high velocity long rifle gizmos) rimfire, at 30 feet.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Organized by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: haertigThe closest desert to Florida is not exactly close. So it sounds like you're planning for "the big one", as in a semi-permanent long term bug-out. To say I'm planning for a life-changing event would be an under
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Organized by clearwater @ Yesterday at 05:51 PM

Remind me not to be checked for pupil reactivity by Hikermor and his 500 lumen headlamp. :^].
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermorWho says the BP cuff and steth have to be inside the "official' container? As long as they are accessible and handy, they are available for use. That is what is important. Where else would I store them? Originall
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Organized by hikermor @ Yesterday at 05:18 PM

To most, desert means "no water" and"always dry." This is not quite correct, because deserts in North America, while experiencing low precip annually, get torrential rains nonetheless, leading to flooding, often catastrophic. Tr
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Folder for Opening Boxes by Russ @ Yesterday at 04:57 PM

I was at HomeDepot this AM and saw the folding box cutter I recommended; I think itís the model Jeanette bought. When I made that rec I thought it was the same model I had but for some reason it looked different than my old one, so for $7.88 I bough
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Organized by haertig @ Yesterday at 04:56 PM

The closest desert to Florida is not exactly close. So it sounds like you're planning for "the big one", as in a semi-permanent long term bug-out. For that scenario I would be more focused on stocking up my destination in advance (and sec
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Customizing Your Medical Kit by hikermor @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

Who says the BP cuff and steth have to be inside the "official' container? As long as they are accessible and handy, they are available for use. That is what is important. It all comes down to the situation in which events occur. My experien
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Organized by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: haertigI was envisioning a more "outdoorsy" bug-out, where you could be in rain and wind where you might want some more water resistant protection for documents. If everything goes right, and I pray that it does, I wi
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Organized by haertig @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle The mailer would be in my suitcase ... Even under those conditions do I still need additional protection? In a suitcase, no, I wouldn't think so. I was envisioning a more "outdoorsy" bug-out, where
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Organized by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: MontaneroThese references would serve to aid you in setting priorities and identify your needs and gaps. I checked. Mom already has that book. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Organized by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: haertigYou brought up modifying your kit and replacing books, listing one of your specific replacement books. I thought other book suggestions would fit into what you were asking for. Though I did spend a short amount of time o
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Organized by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: MontaneroThese references would serve to aid you in setting priorities and identify your needs and gaps. I don't understand. It seems to me that buying more books heads in the opposite direction of where I need to go unless I us
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Organized by haertig @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleWhen I'm ready, I'll start a thread on modifying a medical kit. For now, may we discuss being organized? You brought up modifying your kit and replacing books, listing one of your specific replacement books. I
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Organized by Montanero @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleWhen I'm ready, I'll start a thread on modifying a medical kit. For now, may we discuss being organized? Jeanette Isabelle These references would serve to aid you in setting priorities and identify your needs
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Herman30), 275 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Birdman1776, tskinner, Abe, Flyingbforge, Sedric
5254 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Customizing Your Medical Kit
by clearwater
03:46 AM
Royal Navy monkey fist knot tutorial
by TonyE
10:46 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
07:11 PM
Medline
by Jeanette_Isabelle
07:05 PM
Getting Organized
by hikermor
06:13 PM
Tough old babushkas
by clearwater
06:05 PM
Folder for Opening Boxes
by Russ
04:57 PM
Happy Fathers' Day
by chaosmagnet
06/18/18 08:30 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.