Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Experience the Best Teacher by wildman800 @ Today at 03:43 AM

There are several makes of adult wipes. Charmin makes one for instance.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

This month I bought more items at Sam's Club to replenish the canned goods I use. Our emergency food supply is progressively getting organized. I'm also considering new things as I remake my EDC. I mentioned toilet paper in another thread. I've also
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Experience the Best Teacher by bacpacjac @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Toilet supplies are a top priority when you've got little ones, especially if they aren't potty trained yet, but I'm with you, Jeanette Isabelle, they're a good thing for all us to be prepared with.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Experience the Best Teacher by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 06:45 PM

Camping toilet paper is another thing I'm considering as I rebuild my EDC. We've all been in the situation in which the public restroom is out of toilet paper. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Experience the Best Teacher by bacpacjac @ Yesterday at 04:26 PM

I take my four year old daughter and her friend hiking every week, and a few weeks ago we had our first "I have to poo!" in the middle of nowhere emergency together. Experience to the rescue right?! Wrong! I lived and learned through this
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by bacpacjac @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

I've been very lax on prepping the last little while so I'm currently re-stocking the pantry and re-working our family BOB. The Pantry The pantry's the easy part. I just buy a little extra every time I go shopping. I realized last night, though, th
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 03:58 PM

The Nitecore chargers I have are excellent. So are Xtar and others. No affiliation.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by wildman800 @ Yesterday at 03:09 PM

I've just completed getting a new genset ready to go online. I purchased a metal .50cal ammo box from Harbor Freight (no affiliation) for $15.00 each. Each box belongs to a genset and has chain & a lock/key, spare spark plug, 1qt of 5w30 synthet
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by LesSnyder @ Yesterday at 11:44 AM

Wildman800...you may already be familiar with the LDS storage method, but if not this video of Wendy DeWitt changed the way I stored some long term staples... the PDF file has some pretty good information also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOLuIAp
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by Russ @ Yesterday at 04:41 AM

For other than D cell NiMH, I use a Nitecore D2 Digicharger.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by hikermor @ Yesterday at 04:13 AM

Here's one I would nominate - a Nitecore Intellicharger i4. It will accept a variety of battery chemistries - nimh, Li-ion (what I am currently using) in AA.,AAA, C, and 18650 configurations. It stops charging automatically and I have had no proble
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by Bingley @ Yesterday at 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: chaosmagnetThe chargers I've seen that come in some Eneloop packages is safe to use but not "smart", so I don't use them. What do you recommend that we use instead for our Eneloops, chaosmagnet?? I have a number of c
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) by Mark_R @ 02/23/17 08:47 PM

You can get 1 oz, flip top/flip spout, squeeze bottles in the cosmetics and travel sections of department and convenience stores. I've been using these to carry sunscreen in my hiking pack and bow case.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) by Quietly_Learning @ 02/23/17 07:13 PM

Hi Jeanette Isabelle, Sorry I missed that post. The gotoob does come in 1.25 oz. http://www.humangear.com/gear/gotoob
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 02/23/17 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Quietly_LearningMany of the most popular sunscreen brands sell a 3oz travel size. Check the travel sections in your local Walgreens, CVS or supermarket. I already tried the 3 oz size: Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleTod
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) by Quietly_Learning @ 02/23/17 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleI bought a Mini MAGLITE (to be carried on my belt), hand sanitizing wipes and Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Stick. https://www.coppertone.com/products/sport/stick/stick/ The sunscreen stick does fit in the side p
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 02/23/17 02:05 PM

Funny you should mention golf. I'm very close to a golf club. http://www.royaloaksgolfclub.com/ Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Royal Oaks Golf Club other than living within close proximity. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) by bacpacjac @ 02/23/17 01:27 PM

Just a thought, Jeanette Isabelle. I hear there is a lot of golf being played down there, and golfers often like having sunscreen in their bags. It might be worth stopping in to the local Pro shop to see what they have. Also, way to go on getting y
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Experience the Best Teacher by UncleGoo @ 02/23/17 01:26 AM

Improvise, Utilize, Realize.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ridiculous carry - the things I've seen by Mark_R @ 02/22/17 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: TeacherROlatest - Guy needs a new backpack because his FAK was working through the corners...He was EDCing a full size industrial kit -- the metal kind you mount on the wall... Good grief! Even when I was guiding for the Sier
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rethinking my edc ( every day carry) by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 02/22/17 10:08 PM

I bought a Mini MAGLITE (to be carried on my belt), hand sanitizing wipes and Coppertone SPORT Sunscreen Stick. https://www.coppertone.com/products/sport/stick/stick/ The sunscreen stick does fit in the side pocket but, being a stick applicant, it
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Experience the Best Teacher by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 02/22/17 09:27 PM

It has been my experience that Murphy is more likely to be there if you can't access a store or if there are no vending machines that have what you need. I took just one class at the MacGyver School of Engineering. It was on vending machine items
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ridiculous carry - the things I've seen by TeacherRO @ 02/22/17 09:27 PM

latest - Guy needs a new backpack because his FAK was working through the corners...He was EDCing a full size industrial kit -- the metal kind you mount on the wall...
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Twenty bucks by Russ @ 02/22/17 07:46 PM

I use cash much more than plastic -- gas, food, sundry items. When I have less than $100 in my wallet it's time to stop by an ATM.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Experience the Best Teacher by Bingley @ 02/22/17 06:33 PM

I always thought, why, I live near a 24-hour supermarket and a 24-hour Walgreens. I don't need to have much bandaging material because I can always make a quick run even in the middle of the night. WRONG!!! It sort of sucks to drive to the store when
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
February
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28
Who's Online
0 registered (), 69 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ShaniCosta, Liea55, Daire22, mudwasp17, charlie
5179 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Experience the Best Teacher
by wildman800
03:43 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
07:56 PM
Rethinking my edc ( every day carry)
by Mark_R
02/23/17 08:47 PM
Ridiculous carry - the things I've seen
by Mark_R
02/22/17 10:16 PM
Twenty bucks
by Russ
02/22/17 07:46 PM
Preparedness: getting the inventory ready.
by LesSnyder
02/22/17 03:32 AM
Oroville Dam
by Mark_R
02/21/17 11:37 PM
Core temp, cold extremities, sweating
by wildman800
02/21/17 03:54 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.