Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What NOT to do in a disaster by DesertFox @ 58 minutes 22 seconds ago

Unless the problem is a dirty bomb outside, the best move is to GET OUT>
The Survival Forum
I have worked in midtown and down town Manhattan since the late 80s, so I have put some thought into a scenario such as this. I experienced the power outage in 1996 (IIRC), 9-11 and Sandy. Here are a few of my observations on each of those. Power ou
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Boil-Water Advisory by hikermor @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Water system malfunctions happen from time; I can recall two in my city over the last twenty years that caused us to boil water - not a bid deal, really. After all, boiling water is,or should be, a regular procedure when using most natural sources
The Survival Forum
i think the key issue .. is what the authorities tell the residents of Manhatan. if the authorities tell people that the crisis is manageable, and most people decide to stay in their homes, then your character MIGHT make it out. Maybe. But if the
The Survival Forum
Some immediate thoughts: how would you play the bugout of B from Manhattan? Would she try to get off dodge by train, bus, boat, foot? Trains would be likely knocked off service by the power outage. How you get there is depends on where you are
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Inexpensive knives, ver. 2.0 by Russ @ Yesterday at 10:32 PM

My other half loves the Dollar Store and finds all sorts of good stuff that's inexpensive. I went along a few months back and found a set of kitchen knives, two Santoku, one large, one smaller -- the set for $4. They are very good knives.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: EMP by Russ @ Yesterday at 09:41 PM

The Shortwave Coil Up Antenna is a good option if you choose to keep a shortwave radio as a receiver for use after an "event". Cheap and fairly foolproof. As for a decent radio, there are lots, just check Amazon. I keep a CountyC
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Boil-Water Advisory by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

There's a water main break close by and now this area is under a boil-water advisory. I have to drink bottled water. I look at this as a dress rehearsal. http://www.fox13news.com/local-news/56839475-video Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Yesterday at 06:13 PM

We have a near by surplus store, a place selling overstocked or discontinued items. Yesterday, late afternoon or evening, I worked on an idea of building a first aid kit using surplus items. This morning I went to CVS to buy a first aid kit case. h
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Animal-Caused Death Stats by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

I'm in Montana!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Help for novel research.Bugging out from Manhattan by albusgrammaticus @ Yesterday at 01:02 PM

Hello to everyone, first of all, Id like to apologize for any oddness in my writing as Im not a native English speaker. Im a longtime lurker here on ETS (for almost 10 years I think) and Ive always found your discussions very interesting, usefu
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Animal-Caused Death Stats by hikermor @ Yesterday at 11:52 AM

Yikes! I am in South Dakota right now. Better quit horsin' around. Leaving on Saturday......
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Animal-Caused Death Stats by Bingley @ Yesterday at 04:23 AM

Since in the recent bear defense discussion, some people point out that while the chances of getting killed by a bear is really low in general, once you go into bear country, the odds are "way up." What's way up? Here we have some numbers.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Hot Springs Mammoth Site by Phaedrus @ 07/20/17 07:16 AM

It would be amazing to work at the dig! I went to meet a friend in Missoula and we wasted a bunch of ammo. Tonight I'm in Coeur D'Alene, ID- actually it's a hotel in Post Falls but close enough. Tomorrow I'm heading back to do something camping in t
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Endtime Prophecy Contributing to Anxiety? by chaosmagnet @ 07/20/17 03:00 AM

There are three classes of disaster. Those you'll survive no matter what you do, those you'll survive if you prepare appropriately, and those that are not survivable. I focus on avoiding personal disasters (maintaining my car, driving safely, stayi
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Endtime Prophecy Contributing to Anxiety? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 07/19/17 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: wildman800I am prepared and organized for the likely man made and natural events (hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding, nuke or haz chem accidents). I ignore that which I can't control (asteroids, super volcanoes, hostile alien inva
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Endtime Prophecy Contributing to Anxiety? by wildman800 @ 07/19/17 06:59 PM

I too have faced this question. My Dad simplified it best, in my opinion. Prepare for things that are likely to occur and affect me. Ignore those threats that I can neither prevent, influence, or mitigate. Stay in God's path. He will have you where
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Endtime Prophecy Contributing to Anxiety? by acropolis5 @ 07/19/17 04:21 PM

JI, unless you are ultra-orthodox, the weight of Jewish theological analysis is that Revelations is best understood as an allegorical story, not literal writ. It is meant to teach the concepts of the continuing battle, which we and society faces,
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Key ring fobs/zipper pulls by TonyE @ 07/19/17 03:35 PM

At a flea marked I recently found paracord in our local school colors. I made these key ring fobs/zipper pulls. I have my favorites and a couple I don't like at all. I will see how friends and neighbors feel and make more of the popular ones to g
Around The Campfire
Speaking from the psychological point of view, when you focus on something so intensely, it can create expectations and even hopes. Some people who focus on such end time beliefs, to the exclusion of other aspects of their religion, feel the need to
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Studying Endtime Prophecy Contributing to Anxiety? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 07/19/17 11:56 AM

Originally Posted By: bws48Also we all agree that prepping makes good sense; you don't need to study prophecy to justify it. Daily life does. I'll avoid the reasons and explanations. I believe we need to bug in, for a while, and at some point bug o
Around The Campfire
I also think it would be a good idea to step away. Maybe use the that time to devote to other activities you enjoy. As for prepping, ask yourself if that is also contributing to your anxiety, or helping to relieve it, and adjust accordingly. Also w
Around The Campfire
I would focus my energy on the things I can do something about.
Around The Campfire
Jeanette, if you are asking this type of question I would guess that perhaps it is time to step away from that type of study for a while. As we know, balance is the key to any endeavor in life. The study of Scripture is the same. All aspects of it
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Hot Springs Mammoth Site by hikermor @ 07/19/17 02:48 AM

Right away, let me plainly state that I am presently a paid employee of The Mammoth Site of Hot Springs, SD. I have been working during the summer dig seasons for the last seventeen years, after retiring from the NPS. Obviously, I have a bias. Our
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Russ), 293 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
albusgrammaticus, johnmarl, AshikurAB, tomar15, Bbbriggs
5207 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What NOT to do in a disaster
by DesertFox
Help for novel research.Bugging out from Manhattan
by DesertFox
01:30 AM
Boil-Water Advisory
by hikermor
11:38 PM
Inexpensive knives, ver. 2.0
by Russ
10:32 PM
EMP
by Russ
09:41 PM
Do You Have a Firstaid Kit to Spare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06:13 PM
Animal-Caused Death Stats
by Phaedrus
01:24 PM
Hot Springs Mammoth Site
by Phaedrus
07/20/17 07:16 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.