Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bluetooth marker: largely usesless? by M_a_x @ 21 minutes 55 seconds ago

Itīs a marker not a tracker. The range may be limited even further when there is not a clear line of sight for the radio frequency. I think that range is adequate for the advertised applications. Tracking or finding a missing person is not one of the
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bluetooth marker: largely usesless? by Phaedrus @ Today at 06:28 AM

Looks way too expensive for such limited capability.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Bluetooth marker: largely usesless? by Bingley @ Today at 04:12 AM

https://guaranteedsurvival.com/products/breadcrumb-bluetooth-marker It looks like this gadget has a range of up to 150 yards. The range strikes me as too short. The cost also seems too high for something you might lose. Maybe one day they'll come up
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Comfort items in your kit by hikermor @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Not sure that a caffeine laden cup of coffee is a luxury. It just might make a notable difference in many situations. My emergency kit has exactly the same rig and has for many years....
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Solar Power 101 (Updated with link to video) by hikermor @ Yesterday at 05:32 PM

I look forward to your opinions on "minimalist solar' rigs - system that would sustain phones, a few lights and possibly a tablet or other small items indefinitely when far away from the grid.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Statistics and you by hikermor @ Yesterday at 05:25 PM

Reading your account, I wonder why did my ancestors leave the British Isles?? Certainly wasn't because of the weather......
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Statistics and you by quick_joey_small @ Yesterday at 05:13 PM

The survival kits I've seen don't have much for living in the woods. They are more a utility kit. Doug even describes his fishing items as 'the entertainment items'. Most of the items are suitable for multiple types of events. Wire, cord, light, ca
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Gun Cleaning & Lubrication by wileycoyote @ Yesterday at 03:23 PM

not greatly impressed with CLP. i'm with CM, i use Mobil 1 Full Synthetic.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Statistics and you by Ren @ Yesterday at 02:04 PM

Far less exciting here. Had a blizzard in 1982, snowed continuously for 36 hours, was over 2 meters deep of snow around the house with fall and drift. Could tunnel out of the house. Apparently drift was 6 meters high in some places. Local river bur
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Statistics and you by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 04:33 AM

My primary emergency kit bag is designed around what I think is the worst survivable emergency for me: Crashing my car spending three days in a snow bank before rescue. Thereís one of these bags in each car. Iím much happier to ride out an emergenc
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Comfort items in your kit by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 04:27 AM

Coffee. While Iím not a big fan of instant coffee, Starbucks Via is pretty decent and itís packed with my isopropane stove in the emergency kit. At any given time, Iím only five or so minutes from a cup of hot coffee.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Gun Cleaning & Lubrication by LesSnyder @ Yesterday at 02:51 AM

I live about 3 miles from the Gulf of Mexico on the Florida west coast... I've been a practical shooting competitor since 1980, and we shoot matches in some pretty miserable hot and humid weather... Birchwood Casey Barricade (formerly called Sheath)
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Name That Movie by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 03/05/21 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle A woman uses kids as tools of revenge after her parents are murdered. The name of the movie is Anna to the Infinite Power. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Name That Movie by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 03/05/21 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleLouis, a young einstein living in an orphanage, dreams of having a family. Wilbur, a boy about the same age, desperately seeks the help of the boy genius. After some convincing, the two boys go to Wilbur's house
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Comfort items in your kit by TeacherRO @ 03/05/21 08:18 PM

A thick paperback book
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Statistics and you by Tjin @ 03/05/21 05:03 PM

Your local emergency management organization should have risk assessments. Generally a pretty solid start. Causes of death statistics are generally good for what gets you killed. As evacuations; it's a great excuse to go way further and go on a t
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Statistics and you by brandtb @ 03/05/21 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: TeacherRO. . . . How much of the population was forced to camp in the woods? Pretty close to 0. BOB goes to the jungle and TEOTW scenarios are popular...and wildly unlikely. I like to use the past decade as a guide -- if an e
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Statistics and you by KenK @ 03/05/21 03:55 PM

I have never been a big prepper. Our plans usually involved being able to leave work, get the kids from school or daycare when they were young, and get home. When out in the woods I traveled light - carrying on me a cell phone, folding knife, light,
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: CB Radio. No, really. by M_a_x @ 03/05/21 06:49 AM

Originally Posted By: rafowell> To plagarize a phrase: "if you are smarter than a 6 year old", you can get your amateur radio license. Kids at that age are information sponges. They learn quick and easy. You just need to spark interest.
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: CB Radio. No, really. by rafowell @ 03/05/21 04:46 AM

> I want to want Ham radio. But for normal people, it's just too complex. To plagarize a phrase: "if you are smarter than a 6 year old", you can get your amateur radio license. Here are some six year olds (and one 5-yr old) who did s
Urban Preparedness
This is an introductory-level presentation covering basic info and calculations needed for solar panels, batteries, charge controllers, power inverters, and so-called "solar generators". Feel free to ask questions in the YT comments or here
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Statistics and you by hikermor @ 03/05/21 03:18 AM

Your point is well made but there are complexities and nuances to the "bugout" situation. Being equipped to stay in the woods devoid of any amenities gives you a range of options and expands your choice I keep citing my recent bugout expe
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts 465' fatal fall at Gran Canyon by hikermor @ 03/04/21 10:01 PM

https://news.yahoo.com/kentucky-man-motorcycle-found-465-145414344.html This will do you in just about every time.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Comfort items in your kit by Blast @ 03/04/21 09:49 PM

A rosary. -Blast
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Gun Cleaning & Lubrication by DaveL @ 03/04/21 09:43 PM

For storage and everyday wipe down I Use RIG. MTC
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 273 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
PaulHarney, ghost, Delvis, NiceOldGuy, Bishop68
5334 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Bluetooth marker: largely usesless?
by M_a_x
0 seconds ago
Comfort items in your kit
by hikermor
Yesterday at 05:40 PM
Solar Power 101
by hikermor
Yesterday at 05:32 PM
Statistics and you
by hikermor
Yesterday at 05:25 PM
Gun Cleaning & Lubrication
by wileycoyote
Yesterday at 03:23 PM
Name That Movie
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/05/21 09:54 PM
CB Radio. No, really.
by M_a_x
03/05/21 06:49 AM
465' fatal fall at Gran Canyon
by hikermor
03/04/21 10:01 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.