Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Castaway by Phaedrus @ Today at 03:37 AM

Hmmm...guess I've never actually seen the movie. Sounds like an interesting film.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Castaway by hikermor @ Today at 02:51 AM

If we are talking about Antarctica, there is no need to resort to fantasy. Just look at the expeditions of Robert Scott and Ernest Shackelton for real life examples, one successful and the other not so much... "Scott for scientific method, A
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Castaway by Jeanette_Isabelle @ Today at 12:40 AM

What if you were stranded in Antartica and your only companion was a robot rather than on a deserted island with a volleyball for a companion? Could you survive? If you are a climatologist who knows how to MacGuiver an endothermic blaster, then yes.
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Santa Cruz Island Boat Fire by Pete @ Yesterday at 10:47 PM

Herman 30 ... very sorry to hear that.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Castaway by UncleGoo @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Castaway - what's in the box? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyp5UQdtQGw
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has any of you really buried a survival cache ?? by Roarmeister @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

I watched some survivalists bury their caches and they proudly filmed it for YouTube. One guy said he was going to be smart and not reveal even the general location of where he buried it. He took great pains in concealing and covering his tracks. B
Jump to new posts Re: Santa Cruz Island Boat Fire by Herman30 @ Yesterday at 05:53 PM

Today our news told that a finnish citizen was among the victims. A man who worked or had worked in Silicon Valley.
Jump to new posts Re: Santa Cruz Island Boat Fire by Pete @ Yesterday at 02:34 PM

The burned wreck of the Conception has been raised, and is now at the naval base in Port Hueneme. This is what some news sources are saying. The investigation is still a multi-agency probe. Many things remain unexplained. For example, the NTSB has
Around The Campfire
This knot looks nice when doubled Single strand diamond knot - doubled how to double the diamond
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder by hikermor @ 09/14/19 05:58 PM

I carried the first Leatherman, the PSK, for many years,starting in 1985, Came in very handy on many occasions, some of which were critical. A PSK with a locking blade and the ability to utilize a Bit kit would be a very fine multitool indeed.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder by Chisel @ 09/14/19 05:37 PM

Thanks Montanero These knives are fine, actually too fine for me. I like to lean on the budget side.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder by Chisel @ 09/14/19 05:33 PM

+1 on the multitool The reason I still need more knives is that knife is my most used tool of the bunch. So, I hate to overburden the multitool's blade. Plus if a separate folding knife is broken, it can be replaced easier than a blade on a multitoo
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder by Nomad @ 09/14/19 01:12 PM

1+ on the multi-tool. I have been carrying one for over 30 years and find it useful many times a day. Currently I have 3 leatherman tools. Favorite is the Wave. I really like the file and diamond "blade". The saw works well. I used it ye
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Solving a math equation by M_a_x @ 09/14/19 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: ChiselNow suppose I am a clinic or pharmacy owner. I give 20% discount ONLY for people carrying that card. Isn't it against business wisdom to charge other people 20% more ??? Customers will run to the competition. The 20% disc
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Solving a math equation by M_a_x @ 09/14/19 06:43 AM

If you do not pay with money you pay with your data. Using the card leaves a trace for marketing studies with actual consumer data. The card company may compensate the clinic.
Jump to new posts Re: Easy way to start a fire by Chisel @ 09/14/19 03:34 AM

EDITED I put a video that I saw on LinkedIn and Twitter, but the link didn't work. I am not an expert on linking, so I don't know what is wrong or how to make it right. Anyway, the video was on safety; and it shows two guys loading a truck with so
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Solving a math equation by Chisel @ 09/14/19 03:16 AM

I agree with you right there. Many times I have thought why we don't just grow some nice smelling plants around us and reduce the use of perfumes. And gardening is a great hobby too.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder by Chisel @ 09/14/19 03:09 AM

You caught me there, Russ. LOL I admit being clumsy with words sometimes because I try not to elaborate on many details, fearing the post will become lengthy and people become bored Those two phrases are not contradictory in reality. What I meant ac
The Survival Forum
If I buried a cache I imagine I'd forget where it was an it would probably be found in a few centuries by an archeologist!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder by Russ @ 09/13/19 09:54 PM

This post and the one that follows seem to be something of a non sequitur Quote:... I am not going to carry it on my person. Most likely it would be sitting in a bag in the car trunk until needed. ... and Quote:...Something did collapse on me and
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder by hikermor @ 09/13/19 09:25 PM

You might consider keeping a small prybar (6-8 inch length or so) handy. I don't always have one handy, but they are great tools when prying is required and they are small enough to keep handy.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder by Montanero @ 09/13/19 08:40 PM

Make sure your multi tool has a saw. I like the metal saw/file on the SAK Ranger; I have used it a good bit. A partial serration on the fixed blade makes cutting through rope and straps easier.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder by Chisel @ 09/13/19 08:14 PM

Just in case you may ask : what it is you are worried about when you are in a city. People are around you all the time. Well, a few years ago, when I was younger and dumber, I did spend time supervising our first home being built. I was alone insid
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder by Chisel @ 09/13/19 08:03 PM

Thanks everyone Quote:Give us a clue on where to start. Well, here are a few pointers # We can leave the law consideration here because I am not going to carry it on my person. Most likely it would be sitting in a bag in the car trunk until needed.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder by Montanero @ 09/13/19 06:38 PM

And I do agree with Hikermor that Moras are excellent for the price.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 202 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BereniceStanaway, aakanksha, 9Line, SkiSoloII, KMNPack
5293 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Castaway
by Phaedrus
03:37 AM
Santa Cruz Island Boat Fire
by Pete
10:47 PM
Has any of you really buried a survival cache ??
by Roarmeister
08:41 PM
Wordless tutorial III - single strand diamond knot
by TonyE
09/14/19 07:12 PM
Suggest me a fixed blade and a folder
by hikermor
09/14/19 05:58 PM
Solving a math equation
by M_a_x
09/14/19 06:47 AM
Easy way to start a fire
by Chisel
09/14/19 03:34 AM
AG13 Batteries
by Jeanette_Isabelle
09/13/19 06:23 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.