Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Happy Thanksgiving! by Phaedrus @ Today at 02:07 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! It's a quite one for me. I was going to a buddy's place to dinner with his family but with my Bell's Palsy messing up my right eye I don't want to drive that far (especially at night). Honestly though with the CoV
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Black Swans by hikermor @ Yesterday at 12:26 AM

Passing the buck?? Heavens, Phaedrus, who would ever do that?
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Black Swans by Phaedrus @ 11/25/20 11:58 PM

Fascinating article! I'm struck by how the biggest obstacles to good planning are generally more psychological than technical. No one ever seems interesting in spending any money to avoid something that's not 99.9% certain within a very narrow time
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Black Swans by hikermor @ 11/25/20 11:49 PM

https://temblor.net/earthquake-insights/...hinkable-12155/ For all SHTF fans out there, here is a way to think about, and presumably plan for, future rare and improbable disasters. The article focuses on earthquakes, a subject of particular interes
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Soft Shackle by TonyE @ 11/25/20 10:58 PM

Soft Shackle/Carabiner Use it like you would use a metal version. I am working on a tutorial.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by haertig @ 11/24/20 06:49 PM

I wonder how many people bought 50lbs of Spam in their panic, without having previously known what Spam tastes like? And when the stores ran out of Spam, these same people probably prepped with an additional 50lbs of Spaghetti-O's. Maybe that's why
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by Chisel @ 11/24/20 04:47 PM

Quote:Chisel & Jeanette are talking about SHTF. I don't know the technical meaning of SHTF, but we should be aware that this pandemic isn't the last one in human history, and it is likely not the worst we will encounter, and it may not even be th
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by KenK @ 11/24/20 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: haertigI found that people panic buy the strangest things. Here is kind of a strange thing we're stocking up on, but not because of COVID. We like Bounty paper towel, but we've been noticing that the store near us is starting
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by M_a_x @ 11/24/20 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: haertigI found that people panic buy the strangest things. Who would have ever thought toilet paper would be an issue? It's not like coronavirus makes you %^(#! more than usual. To quote the great American philosopher Homer S
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by Phaedrus @ 11/24/20 09:02 AM

Yeah, at least TP, paper towels, sanitizer and soap won't be an issue for me for a good while.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by haertig @ 11/24/20 07:16 AM

I found that people panic buy the strangest things. Who would have ever thought toilet paper would be an issue? It's not like coronavirus makes you %^(#! more than usual. But yet, you didn't see TP on store shelves for weeks and weeks a few months
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by Phaedrus @ 11/24/20 07:12 AM

I think recent events have shown how dangerously unprepared our society is a pandemic. Ignorance and fear has supplanted reason and tribalism has replaced medical science as our primary guide. Obviously wholesale changes need to be made in human ci
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by Bingley @ 11/24/20 05:03 AM

Chisel & Jeanette are talking about SHTF. I don't know the technical meaning of SHTF, but we should be aware that this pandemic isn't the last one in human history, and it is likely not the worst we will encounter, and it may not even be the only
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by unimogbert @ 11/24/20 12:45 AM

I've been able to do repairs on the house and cars unencumbered by any social schedule committments. I'm able to recognize many of the neighborhood dogs as they get their feet walked off by their owners like never before.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by Blast @ 11/23/20 04:34 PM

For me specifically, 2020 has been pretty good. Medicine Man Plant Co. started in January of the year and frankly, starting an herbal health care business was probably the 2nd best type of business to start in the apocalypse. However, this has been
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by chaosmagnet @ 11/23/20 01:32 PM

I went from almost full-time overnight travel to zero travel at all for work. Itís been nice to spend more time with my family.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 11/23/20 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: ChiselThe pandemic has shown many people that SHTF CAN happen. They have seen it first hand. I am conscious about safety and wish all people were the same, but sadly they are not. This year was a shake up for many brains. It's v
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by Chisel @ 11/23/20 07:54 AM

Quote:Google does. Hahahaha You remind me of some funny pictures about Google Translate funny results. Like in a restaurant they google-translated "meat balls" to (Paul is dead). LOL. OK. Back to original topic 2020 has saved me a few
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by Tjin @ 11/23/20 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeanette_IsabelleOriginally Posted By: Tjin- My 4th language is getting better and better. What languages do you know? Jeanette Isabelle Cantonese Dutch English German
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by brandtb @ 11/23/20 03:28 AM

The Good - Saved a lot of money by not eating in restaurants or going on vacation. Plenty of time to read and watch old movies. The Bad - Not being able to see my new granddaughter, except from six feet away. At 73, have not been to the gym sinc
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New bag thinking: BOB GHB realism by TeacherRO @ 11/23/20 01:52 AM

I'm looking at a trunkable folding bike
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by haertig @ 11/23/20 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Bingley Wearing a mask doesn't bother me at all ... I don't smell bad smells ... Try eating spicy Indian food for lunch, then put your mask back on. Don't ask me how I know about this.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by Bingley @ 11/22/20 09:29 PM

2020 has been great for me! I'm lucky that my income doesn't depend on retail stores being open. So during the shutdown in the spring, I enjoyed the extra quiet. I don't live in nature, but a bit more of nature -- birds and some plants -- returned, t
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 11/22/20 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Tjin- My 4th language is getting better and better. What languages do you know? Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: 2020 by Tjin @ 11/22/20 04:51 PM

2020: - Picked up doing exercise in the morning. - Road bike season started way earlier. - Working from home: can now make a fancier lunch and take a nap after lunch. - Picked back up doing lots of online courses. - Did lots of optimization and cle
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 263 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Knobco, KennethCopeland, manimal, Sherette, ohmysan
5328 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Phaedrus
02:07 AM
Black Swans
by hikermor
12:26 AM
Soft Shackle
by TonyE
11/25/20 10:58 PM
by haertig
11/24/20 06:49 PM
New bag thinking: BOB GHB realism
by TeacherRO
11/23/20 01:52 AM
Dash Cams
by Doug_Ritter
11/19/20 11:30 PM
A Hot Topic
by Blast
11/17/20 09:49 PM
The ultimate prepper radio?
by Blast
11/17/20 09:45 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.