Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Cash is king by Acropolis50 @ Today at 04:12 PM

Roarmeister: Caveat accepted. My post assumed the object of the payment is open for business or the person to be influenced, I.e. wants/ needs the money. I have seen people take cash change and coat it in hand sanitizer. I tried it for giggles.
Jump to new posts Re: Cash is king by Roarmeister @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: TeacherRO One unpopular opinion -- I don't both with mercury dimes or any thing like that. Modern us currency is (and will be ) widely accepted. Carry cash. Yes I do carry cash. Sorry to disagree but it is not King. The last
Jump to new posts Re: Cash is king by brandtb @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

Acropolis - "So i usually carry a mix of bills in my handkerchief, wallet and sometimes my sock or jockey shorts. More money is in my car emergency backpack and EDC bag . I keep a minimum of $500 on my person. A mix of $20ís , $10s, $5s and abo
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Smallest possible survival kit by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 01:19 AM

The Hill People Gear Kit Bag is a great pack to carry a minimal kit. It's primarily marketed as a way to carry a handgun so when I see one I automatically think "gun"...but other folks use them differently. It's a chest rig, and there are
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Are We Preparing? by TeacherRO @ Yesterday at 12:33 AM

It also might be that I love gear and tech; gives me a reason to get new stuff and play with it...
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Smallest possible survival kit by TeacherRO @ Yesterday at 12:32 AM

Although a wallet with cash & cards and a phone with useful apps will likely get you faster, farther and warmer...
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by TeacherRO @ Yesterday at 12:31 AM

Florida ia not Hell; Hell has less humidity.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hikers, protective gear requirements, and SAR by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 12:14 AM

Hahaha! The funny thing is, just going by the complaints about Californians taking over you'd think that 10 million people per year are fleeing the state! But I think the stats say it's about 500,000 per year. Beautiful state to be sure. And if C
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hikers, protective gear requirements, and SAR by hikermor @ 07/02/20 11:42 PM

I have to chuckle. Before I came to California and met Mrs. Hikermor, I was a Professional Arizonan, casting asprsions at all the Calidamfornians invading our space. And now I am one....
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Hikers, protective gear requirements, and SAR by Phaedrus @ 07/02/20 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: PhaedrusMy feeling from living in CdA, Idaho and Bozeman, MT is that every spot accessible to a human is full of folks from CA and WA, at least in the western half of the country. No offense to fine Californians such as Hikerm
The Survival Forum
Yes unfortunately
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by Phaedrus @ 07/02/20 09:08 PM

I'm pretty happy in Montana but I couldn't rule out moving back to Idaho if the right job opportunity presented itself. My job here is very good; meaningful work and the benefits are great. If I didn't stay in the west for whatever reason I wouldn'
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by chaosmagnet @ 07/02/20 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: M_a_xConsidering that I have only two Trangia burners, three gas burners and a MSR multifuel stove that was a totally justified and desperately needed expansion of my gear and not playing around with a new toy.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by hikermor @ 07/02/20 07:03 PM

Different strokes for different folks. Happiness, for me as a teenager, was Dallas in my rear view mirror. It is good that we can all find different situations and inevitably, the one spot that works.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 07/02/20 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: PhaedrusNot trying to speak for Jeanette_Isabelle but the climate, skeeters and hurricanes would have chased me out long ago! Fortunately, the skeeters are not as bad as I thought they would. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 07/02/20 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: quick_joey_smallWhat went wrong in florida for you? Is it just the climate? The short answer is yes. I spent most of my life in North Texas, where it did get hot in the summer, which was okay. We did get some humidity, but no o
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by Phaedrus @ 07/02/20 06:05 PM

Not trying to speak for Jeanette_Isabelle but the climate, skeeters and hurricanes would have chased me out long ago!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by quick_joey_small @ 07/02/20 05:53 PM

What went wrong in florida for you? Is it just the climate? Qjs
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by M_a_x @ 07/02/20 02:11 PM

I built and tested an alcohol stove. It is a fancy feast type stove with a carbon felt wick. The stove is really lightweight, fairly easy to build and works fine for smaller cups and pots. I was surprised how fast it brought the water to a boil. Cons
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by Janysboy @ 07/02/20 09:43 AM

I hace recharged all my rechargeable batteries, and both the power banks.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by chaosmagnet @ 07/02/20 02:08 AM

Best of luck with the move!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by Phaedrus @ 07/02/20 01:52 AM

Well, hopefully it works out for you guys! Good luck with the move.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 07/02/20 01:39 AM

Mom does not want me to reveal the new location even though it's possible to track us once we get there. Also, as she pointed out to me, our new home has yet to be set in stone. Jeanette Isabelle
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by Phaedrus @ 07/02/20 12:22 AM

I must note that while there are very nice places to live, everywhere seems to have advantages and disadvantages. I grew up in the Midwest and lived in SD and MN for many years. The weather was a downside, brutally hot and humid in the summer and bo
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by Phaedrus @ 07/02/20 12:18 AM

I hope your Mom's surgery goes well! Congrats on getting out of there, where are you folks moving?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Janysboy, Herman30), 98 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MarcusPetz, CBlackRaven, TnSweetie, Sundiver70, Keh
5320 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Cash is king
by Acropolis50
04:12 PM
Smallest possible survival kit
by Phaedrus
01:19 AM
Why Are We Preparing?
by TeacherRO
12:33 AM
I'm Moving Out of Hell
by TeacherRO
12:31 AM
Hikers, protective gear requirements, and SAR
by Phaedrus
12:14 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by chaosmagnet
07/02/20 07:48 PM
Bunny Ears Figure-8 Loop Knot w tutorial link
by TonyE
06/29/20 04:50 PM
Boring gear
by chaosmagnet
06/29/20 01:29 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.