Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite water filter & purification... by Ren @ Today at 10:15 PM

Ah wasn't aware of the stainless one. Managed to find an article and pictures. https://soldiersystems.net/2015/04/30/grayl-water-filtration-cup/ Seems they still added a plastic bottom to the outer cup. Though is removable apparently judging from a
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite water filter & purification... by Burncycle @ Today at 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: RenDon't understand why they didn't make the outer cup thing metal. They had one made out of stainless, but it appears to be discontinued and I'm not sure why. At least you could use it to boil water if the filter broke. May
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Any shortages where you are? by Doug_Ritter @ Today at 05:31 PM

https://www.theepochtimes.com/supply-cru...er_4014319.html
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite water filter & purification... by teacher @ Today at 04:12 AM

Yes, I'm learning about the differences in filter capabilities - some filers, others purify and only a few handle nasties like heavy metals..
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Any shortages where you are? by teacher @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

The biggest thing I am seeing is that shipping from China (and Asia) is taking MUCH longer than before - 3 months on some items. Shop early.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite water filter & purification... by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 02:44 PM

I've never owned one, but one thing I like about Grayl is the claimed removal of some chemicals and heavy metals. I carry the Sawyer mini in my kits, and it doesn't claim to do that.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite water filter & purification... by Ren @ Yesterday at 11:57 AM

Don't understand why they didn't make the outer cup thing metal. Same with other bottle style filters. Like Aquamira's is stainless steel bottle, but double walled *facepalm*. You'd have thought being able to boil water in a pinch if the filter di
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A good, cheap knife by UTAlumnus @ Yesterday at 03:30 AM

+1 on the M-16 series. It's my cutting EDC unless I need something more covert. Other blades carried are not carried for the blade.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite water filter & purification... by groo @ Yesterday at 03:21 AM

I really like The Grayl. https://grayl.com/ Removes virus as well as bacteria. Little pricey per gallon, but foolproof.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Grocery Stores Are Selling Sick Chickens by dougwalkabout @ Yesterday at 02:00 AM

Force feeding is about the most weight for the cheapest cost. This means a ton of fat rather than lean protein, including the breast. I confess I can't stand Costco chickens for exactly that reason. It's like biting into a tub of lard. Bleah.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Grocery Stores Are Selling Sick Chickens by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 09/22/21 11:38 PM

Just what we need, sick chickens. https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/wh...ds_4010288.html Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A good, cheap knife by Treeseeker @ 09/22/21 11:32 PM

As long as I can remember, my EDC has been a SAK Tinker. I probably use it at least five times a day.
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Backpack for an all day music festival by Colourful @ 09/22/21 02:43 PM

Ear protection
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite water filter & purification... by Burncycle @ 09/21/21 04:30 PM

I usually EDC a Whirl pak bag and chlorine dioxide based water purification tablets in wazoo cache belt. If I'm deliberately going outdoors I'll usually throw a folded up 1L Evernew and same tablets in cargo pocket among some other items in case I g
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: Backpack for an all day music festival by chaosmagnet @ 09/21/21 01:17 PM

I'm not an all-day music festival kind of guy and I don't know what the rules are like. So if any of my suggestions break those rules, my apologies in advance. This list looks a lot like what I bring to all-day outdoor range events, minus of course
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Swamp prep by Ren @ 09/21/21 10:34 AM

The old British army trick of keeping your feet in good shape, is to take a small waterproof bag that you can get a foot into, and fill it with some talcum powder.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite water filter & purification... by Herman30 @ 09/21/21 06:28 AM

Canīt say it is my favorite `cause I have only one. Grayl Geopress.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Swamp prep by LesSnyder @ 09/20/21 11:25 PM

have plans to keep your feet as dry as possible... TEVA style sandals to allow your feet to dry around camp... nylon shorts, polypropylene or nylon cape back flats fishing shirt... wide brimmed screened upper hat....
Around The Campfire
It seems like the risk of a large landslide is very very low for this event. We'll see! The wave would have to be pretty big to reach me in Montana.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Swamp prep by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 09/20/21 11:00 PM

Having been in the everglades, I know of two things you need. You will need sun protection since you will not have shade, and you also need insect protection. Also, it's very humid so keep that in mind as well. Jeanette Isabelle
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite water filter & purification... by jshannon @ 09/20/21 10:30 PM

For backpacking I am currently using a sawyer mini plus katadyn micropur tabs for backup. Most who use sawyer filters prefer the sawyer squeeze..little larger and more flow.
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Backpack for an all day music festival by teacher @ 09/20/21 07:38 PM

What would you bring for a 10-12 hour, outdoor festival?
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Favorite water filter & purification... by teacher @ 09/20/21 07:36 PM

Where is your favorite water purification or filter? I'm looking for new options...
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Swamp prep by teacher @ 09/20/21 07:34 PM

what unique items are needed to a 10 day camping trip in a swampy area? Think Everglades...
Around The Campfire
Letīs hope this scenario is not about to happen: La Palma landslide tsunami. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6utAunBKXV4
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle, LesSnyder), 80 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
iota, tmc, McGooberstien2021, lmv, cewibak263
5351 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Favorite water filter & purification...
by Ren
10:15 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by Doug_Ritter
05:31 PM
A good, cheap knife
by UTAlumnus
03:30 AM
Grocery Stores Are Selling Sick Chickens
by dougwalkabout
02:00 AM
Backpack for an all day music festival
by Colourful
09/22/21 02:43 PM
Swamp prep
by Ren
09/21/21 10:34 AM
Volcano erupts on La Palma in the Canary Islands
by Phaedrus
09/20/21 11:23 PM
Gerrish-Chung Family death on Savage-Lundy trail
by Ren
09/17/21 05:25 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.