Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Oregon sends 140 ventilators to New York by Phaedrus @ Today at 02:45 AM

I just saw that China is ponying up another 1,000!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MacGyvering the coronavirus by Phaedrus @ Today at 02:44 AM

I rather like Boaty McBoatface!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MacGyvering the coronavirus by nursemike @ Today at 02:19 AM

It's a bvm squeezer. Clever solution to the bellows/compressor issues, but limited control over oxygen flow, room air or 100%, and limited control over inspiratory pressure and volume. Both are critical values for anything but short term ventilation.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: MacGyvering the coronavirus by nursemike @ Today at 02:19 AM

It's a bvm squeezer. Clever solution to the bellows/compressor issues, but limited control over oxygen flow, room air or 100%, and limited control over inspiratory pressure and volume. Both are critical values for anything but short term ventilation.
Cuomo says they have 2,200 stockpiled but only enough to last another 6 days. They have 350 people a day needing a ventilator. And seems people need to be on a ventilator for around two weeks, sometimes more. It seems inevitable that NY is going t
Jump to new posts Re: Oregon sends 140 ventilators to New York by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

This was a good thing for Oregon to do. I have been looking but I have yet to find data indicating that NY is out of ventilators.
Jump to new posts Re: Oregon sends 140 ventilators to New York by hikermor @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

Good tidings. Situations like this bring out the best and the worst in people. nice to see something positive and helpful.
Jump to new posts Re: Oregon sends 140 ventilators to New York by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 09:48 PM

I'm glad to see someone stepping up!
Jump to new posts Oregon sends 140 ventilators to New York by AKSAR @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

"We are all in this together.” Oregon Gov. Kate Brown tweeted. Oregon sends 140 ventilators to New York Quote:Oregon is sending 140 ventilators to New York, Gov. Kate Brown announced on Twitter Saturday morning. “New York needs more ventilators
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by haertig @ Yesterday at 06:13 PM

Aren't most (all?) of the 3M factories in China? You know, the place that has banned export of the very same masks that 3M is supposedly ramping up on? Hopefully this little detail won't be lost on corporate management who choose where they manufac
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by Alan_Romania @ Yesterday at 05:24 PM

One of the reasons that retailers are out is the federal government has declared eminent domain over protective clothing in order to make sure the supplies are going to healthcare, first responders and other critical sectors. Another major issues i
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by Russ @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

Amazon, Home Depot... they’re all out.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by KenK @ Yesterday at 01:49 PM

Speaking of wood dust, just before this all happened I had purchased an RZ mask setup from Amazon for woodworking based upon online feedback. It claimed to be N95, but awaiting certification. It was deep in winter when I bought it, so no chance to us
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by Russ @ Yesterday at 01:17 PM

That’s probably true, but at least here in CA I was seeing more people each day wearing surgical type masks as well as the reusable masks with & without valves in public. I like the washable type, but when woodworking and sawdust is flying that
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by hikermor @ Yesterday at 01:14 PM

Well, I didn't relinquish all of them.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by KenK @ Yesterday at 01:11 PM

I donated all my protective gloves and masks except what we need literally for our own health. My wife handles medicine that can't contact her skin, so she needed gloves there, and with barns we need workable (sealed & not fogging glasses) dust p
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: My Micro Blog by Chisel @ Yesterday at 08:45 AM

Very few people believe in planning ahead.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 05:46 AM

I think that recommendation only came down in the last 24 hours. Up til yesterday the party line was only doctors and nurses or the already-sick needed a mask. We'll see what they say tomorrow!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by Russ @ Yesterday at 04:43 AM

Considering that the gov wants all of us to wear PPE when we’re out in public, you are being very generous to give yours away.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody planting a garden? by hikermor @ Yesterday at 02:08 AM

Looking forward to your wheat...
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by hikermor @ Yesterday at 02:06 AM

I think it is basically a case of enlightened self interest. i was surprised at how many masks I had stored away in various nooks and crannies and came up with more than one hundred. I offered them to my doctor, who had suspended normal operations.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to use a mask by haertig @ Yesterday at 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: RussI wouldn’t consider turning my years old 3M half-face respirator over to a healthcare organization that couldn’t plan ahead and purchase their own. Hopefully, they will still consider providing healthcare to you, even though
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody planting a garden? by dougwalkabout @ Yesterday at 12:43 AM

I'm envious! Right now I'll I'm growing is snowbanks and a pandemic goatee. But all in good time!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody planting a garden? by hikermor @ 04/03/20 11:23 PM

Fortunately the avocado and orange tree were planted some years ago. couple of tomato plants are producing. Our broccoli just finished and we will renew that crop - I never knew broc could taste that good
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody planting a garden? by Jeanette_Isabelle @ 04/03/20 11:16 PM

I'm helping Mom plant Boston ferns. Jeanette Isabelle
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle, Ren), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Enoob, StrangerInTheWoods, Tauricornous, Jackandco, lis
5308 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Oregon sends 140 ventilators to New York
by Phaedrus
Today at 02:45 AM
MacGyvering the coronavirus
by Phaedrus
Today at 02:44 AM
How to use a mask
by haertig
Yesterday at 06:13 PM
My Micro Blog
by Chisel
Yesterday at 08:45 AM
Anybody planting a garden?
by hikermor
Yesterday at 02:08 AM
Revising and updating your EDC
by Ren
04/03/20 01:31 PM
Plague humor - Chad
by brandtb
04/03/20 03:48 AM
Funny Photos
by Phaedrus
04/03/20 03:01 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.