Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Computer questions by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: haertigI don't use Windows, so can't guess what it may have done to your here, but it's generally best to set your screen resolution to the physical monitor resolution. If you set it to other than native resolution you can get
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Computer questions by haertig @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

I don't use Windows, so can't guess what it may have done to your here, but it's generally best to set your screen resolution to the physical monitor resolution. If you set it to other than native resolution you can get some horrible looking display
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Computer questions by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Most likely itís an internal Windows driver issue. The driver was updated and failed, or wasnít updated and failed, or something like that. Most commonly reinstalling the display driver resolves the issue. In extreme cases (I havenít seen this in W
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Computer questions by Chisel @ Yesterday at 05:13 PM

Thanks Quote:1) Please donít use any version of Windows that canít be kept up to date with security patches. Currently Microsoft supports Windows 10 and 11 for desktop/laptop operating systems. If you absolutely must use an earlier version of Windo
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Computer questions by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

1) Please donít use any version of Windows that canít be kept up to date with security patches. Currently Microsoft supports Windows 10 and 11 for desktop/laptop operating systems. If you absolutely must use an earlier version of Windows, it should
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Computer questions by Chisel @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

Thanks guys I am using a HP Pavilion laptop , with Windows 10
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Computer questions by unimogbert @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

In Windows 7 go to Desktop. Right click in the desktop area. You should see a choice for Screen Resolution. You can change it there. I use less than maximum resolution for ease of reading. Since you didn't say what OS you are using my advice may n
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Computer questions by Eugene @ Yesterday at 02:48 PM

Windows (assuming windows but when asking a computer question its always a good idea to tell if windows/mac/linux/whatever) has rotate in as a keyboard shortcut, hold the ctrl and alt and then cursor keys, the up will return to 'normal', down will fl
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Computer questions by Chisel @ Yesterday at 12:15 PM

Hi everyone I have a small desk and the area left beside the laptop is very small. So, time to time I have to put papers or notepad on the laptop keyboard when I am writing something. This may accidently press some buttons. A few time I got a screen
The Survival Forum
That doesn't reduce it for me, their autodailer just keeps calling back. What I found works best is to answer it, say hello or press a button, then mute the phone and sit it down. It will connect to a person and then that person's time gets wasted sa
The Survival Forum
Something I've found to be somewhat effective, when I suspect a spammer, is to answer and not say anything. If it's a robot caller it waits to hear someone and then starts the recording or kicks you over to a person. If it hears nothing it gives up a
The Survival Forum
Not giving out your number doesn't prevent someone from being able to dial it. Many spammers simply automate starting at "0000ď and increment calling each until someone answers. Once you answer they know it's a real person.
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (chaosmagnet), 105 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
joshbrown, reeldoc, nibalgcosta334, marialucila63, Shad
5356 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Computer questions
by chaosmagnet
11:08 PM
Lost hiker ignored rescue calls from unknown tel#
by Eugene
01/16/22 06:44 PM
Do you cringe when a knife is "abused"?
by chaosmagnet
01/11/22 01:25 AM
I'm Back
by Phaedrus
01/07/22 11:53 PM
DR Ultimate Aviator Survival Pak AVAILABILITY
by hikermor
01/07/22 01:13 PM
Snowbound in Virginia on I-95
by Phaedrus
01/04/22 07:05 PM
More bad news about BPA in food packaging
by joshbrown
01/04/22 11:43 AM
Generator Advice
by hikermor
01/02/22 12:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.