Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: building in a fire zone by WesleyH @ Today at 06:18 AM

With the annual fires, it amazes me that the insurance companies continue to issue policies to anyone building in such areas. I suspect if they would stop, the problem would take care of itself in a few years. Such fires are as predictable as the
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: get a cheap laptop by dougwalkabout @ Today at 04:30 AM

I buy laptops for work stuff, because I have to be compatible with the Microsoft universe, and have plausible deniability security wise (i.e., I exercised due diligence in a way your IT guy will understand and accept as valid). For everything else,
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: get a cheap laptop by Montanero @ Today at 03:34 AM

Look at WOOT.com, they have some at some low prices that will do what you need.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by chaosmagnet @ Today at 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: hikermorThere ought to be some case law on this point. Anyone? Long, long, long ago, I struck a jaywalker on a dark street, wearing all black, while driving at low speed, resulting in minor injuries. I stopped, summoned emerge
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts get a cheap laptop by CANOEDOGS @ Today at 02:52 AM

mine died a week or so ago,the screen went black and stayed that way. thinking about the hassle of getting another and setting it up and trying to remember the websites and passwords i used was a major problem.now i don't really use a computer for a
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by CANOEDOGS @ Today at 02:41 AM

I found 5 free gallons of kerosene. I did a loop around the block near me and went past a garage that had a 35 gallon drum with a "free kero/#1 fuel oil" sign on it. there was a Army trailer of the type used behind Jeeps parked there als
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Hanukkah by MoBOB @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Happy Hanukkah, Jeanette. I hope that the light of the celebration continues to shine in your spirit.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by Montanero @ Yesterday at 09:33 PM

Just sayin', if you want to play ninja, you got to be smart about it! It is going to hurt you more than it will hurt the car. Yes, it is made worse by drivers not paying attention. When the pedestrian and the driver are not paying attention, somet
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by M_a_x @ Yesterday at 07:23 PM

Being smart and not walking in front of a moving vehicle is a good move even in broad daylight and when not trying to hide. It might help to prevent severe injury. Around here many people use their cell phones while driving and do not pay enough atte
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by hikermor @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

IANAL, but that makes perfect sense to me. My guess is that wearing all black is contributory.... There ought to be some case law on this point. Anyone?
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by Montanero @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

If you are trying to hide at night, don't walk in front of moving vehicles!! Just have to be smart.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Baking soda and super glue epoxy by lupacexi @ Yesterday at 06:45 PM

While searching for something on the internet I found what looked to be promising....a product called Q Bond (standard disclaimer). While reading about it, I read that something similar to it was a DIY version- Basically it called for sprinkling bak
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas Shopping Suggestion & Thank You! by Ren @ Yesterday at 06:30 PM

Nitecore Tube, micro usb rechargeable keychain light Victorinox Hiker on Amazon UK were cheap, £11.99 ($15), but price has shot up almost 50% last few days.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by Russ @ Yesterday at 06:23 PM

So wearing black is very ďinĒ and popular -- but if some blacked out dude is totally successful and no one can see him, itís a driverís fault when heís hit while crossing a street? Seems to me that being struck by a car at night while wearing all bl
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by clearwater @ Yesterday at 06:11 PM

Dang, I hate it when night time Jay walkers wear dark clothes and are busy looking at their cell phones. Scares the - out of me. Had to give my next door neighbor's brother a ride to the hospital when he stepped in front of a pickup truck like that
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas Shopping Suggestion & Thank You! by M_a_x @ Yesterday at 09:03 AM

Mora Eldris ACME Tornado 2000 ACME Tornado 636 Resqme rechargeable gel handwarmers (only for latitudes where it gets cold enough for that) retroreflective strip with velcro
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas Shopping Suggestion & Thank You! by LesSnyder @ Yesterday at 03:01 AM

Acme 636 pea less whistle Shelby/Speaker P38 USGI can opener Fenix E01 AAA LED light a step up in price Victorinox Farmer
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 01:25 AM

Grrrr! I hate that as well. Pretty much every person who's been driving in urban areas for many years has had some close brushes with dark-clad pedestrians. It's clear that most of them don't give a thought to safety or visibility, especially the
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Whole Lot of Shakin' Goin' on... by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 01:23 AM

Very sad. Many poorer countries are extremely poorly prepared for natural disasters.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Christmas Shopping Suggestion & Thank You! by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 01:21 AM

Right now there are some good deals to be had on Doug's CRKT RSK mk5. They've been popping up on various sites around ten bucks. Mora knives are in the same price range and make nice stocking stuffers. I think small inexpensive flashlights are a
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fun Continues After the Emergency! Try P100 by Pete @ Yesterday at 12:48 AM

Just saw news that a firefighter was killed today (Thurs) battling the Thomas fire. This epic battle is not over yet. Prayers for the family of the victim.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Whole Lot of Shakin' Goin' on... by hikermor @ 12/14/17 11:18 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spea...m=.f81d21361bad The article makes this important point, significant well beyone any specific locality: " Most earthquake fatalities are typically tied not to the magnitude of the quake, but the qualit
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Christmas Shopping Suggestion & Thank You! by bacpacjac @ 12/14/17 11:06 PM

I was out Christmas shopping the other day and found a genuine Micro Photon in the local surplus store. I scooped it up right away, along with an extra battery for mine. It was only the third time I've had to change it in all time I've had it, I real
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by hikermor @ 12/14/17 10:59 PM

If you are walking or riding a bike, the brighter the better, especially on moving parts and the head. My pet peeve is motor cyclists clad entirely in black, including the helmet. Invisible must be cool...
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What did you do today to prepare? by Roarmeister @ 12/14/17 06:54 PM

I purchased a 20-lire gas can for the vehicle and reflective tape for my clothes/pack. A few weeks ago, I almost hit a pedestrian! GULP! The problem was he was dressed entirely in black - non-reflective black overcoat, black gloves, black pants an
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (WesleyH), 235 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
qwikjoeysmall, Cowherd35, pecenco, jacklii, DIYELECTROAL
5227 Registered Users
Newest Posts
building in a fire zone
by WesleyH
get a cheap laptop
by dougwalkabout
04:30 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by chaosmagnet
03:19 AM
Happy Hanukkah
by MoBOB
11:19 PM
Baking soda and super glue epoxy
by lupacexi
06:45 PM
Christmas Shopping Suggestion & Thank You!
by Ren
06:30 PM
Whole Lot of Shakin' Goin' on...
by Phaedrus
01:23 AM
Fun Continues After the Emergency!
by Pete
12:48 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.