Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Re: Hurricane Condition Checklist by Phaedrus @ 5 minutes 44 seconds ago

You certainly have it down to the numbers! Very nice.
Natural Disasters & Large-Scale Emergencies
Jump to new posts Hurricane Condition Checklist by wildman800 @ Today at 06:11 PM

This is my Hurricane Checklist tailored for my "reality". Everyone is welcome to copy this to your own file and tailor it to your needs. HurCon Checklist Updated 03Aug2011 5= Set during Hurricane Season (01Jun-01Dec) 4=Hurricane Force
Around The Campfire
I have lots of Lodge cast iron products. Skillets, flat-bottomed dutch ovens (for oven use), camp dutch ovens (for use with charcoal), griddles, and a few other speciality items. I've cooked with them for years and enjoy them. Sometimes searing mea
Urban Preparedness
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 Tropical Storm Season - Alberto by Russ @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

Alberto to make landfall on US Gulf Coast to end Memorial Day weekend
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: The case for Stainless Steel Knives by hikermor @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

So, to get to the point of this thread, what case do you recommend for SS knives? Is there a special case for rusty ones??
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Stove by Russ @ Yesterday at 06:08 PM

If you are talking about the Ecozoom stove, it looks similar to a generic rocket stove for which you can find plans on-line. Some look like they’d be fun projects. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_stove
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Stove by hikermor @ Yesterday at 04:52 PM

I have no personal experience with EcoZoom items. looking at their website, they seem to be focused on improving cooking conditions in less developed countries, certainly a very laudable enterprise. However, for emergency use in the developed worl
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Woot.com has some cast iron cookware at low prices by haertig @ Yesterday at 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: hikermor a lot of Lodge products claim factory pre-seasoning right out of the box, although doubtless it must be renewed periodically. I don't have any Lodge brand, but the issue that I've read about is that their pre-seasoning
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Stove by jmacclau @ Yesterday at 03:43 PM

Anyone have experience with The EcoZoom products.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dam poor conditions by hikermor @ Yesterday at 03:56 AM

I had heard of the Peshtigo fire, but I was unaware of the high death toll associated with the burn. I thought our recent Thomas Fire was big, but Peshtigo was five times larger.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dam poor conditions by Pete @ Yesterday at 03:26 AM

Im not even sure that some of the 'good dams' will hold up ... in a strong quake. I drove past Lake Piru on the 5 Fwy (So. California) today, and I was wondering to myself ... what if - all that water spilled out? Its a huge volume of water. Same
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Woot.com has some cast iron cookware at low prices by hikermor @ Yesterday at 03:00 AM

a lot of Lodge products claim factory pre-seasoning right out of the box, although doubtless it must be renewed periodically.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Woot.com has some cast iron cookware at low prices by dougwalkabout @ Yesterday at 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: hikermorGood at home, but heavy on the trail. Great for whomping cougars, though. Just add a lanyard.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Woot.com has some cast iron cookware at low prices by haertig @ Yesterday at 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: KenKJust curious ... is there any safety concern associated with lesser known brands of foreign-made cast iron?? Warping, cracking, rough finish (you won't get non-stick no matter how well you try to season it) ... those are so
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dam poor conditions by hikermor @ 05/25/18 11:45 PM

I am pretty sure the initial wve would not have been 140 feet high all the way to the ocean, particularly as it approached the coastal plain. Today it would impinge upon my closest REI - fortunately they do stock kayaks and SUPs.....
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dam poor conditions by ireckon @ 05/25/18 10:59 PM

Dam, that's terrible. These people should stock their homes/cars with life vests, small boats, etc. Anybody with a kayak, keep it. That will provide at least some hope if they get hit with 10 feet of water for example. Faced with a wall of water 140
Around The Campfire
Just curious ... is there any safety concern associated with lesser known brands of foreign-made cast iron??
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Dam poor conditions by KenK @ 05/25/18 10:30 PM

I was reading about the St Francis dam disaster a few months back. I'd never heard of it before that. Terrible!!! If they can't maintain the dams it seems the second best bet is to let people know the predicted "death zone" downstream, so
Around The Campfire
Good for cooking over any form of heat, durable and healthy. I have packed one in a backpack before, but it is not preferred.
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle, wildman800), 248 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shawn, MikeM, xiaochiroy, Ak47Lover, Nari
5249 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Hurricane Condition Checklist
by Phaedrus
0 seconds ago
Woot.com has some cast iron cookware at low prices
by KenK
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
2018 Tropical Storm Season
by Russ
Yesterday at 10:45 PM
The case for Stainless Steel Knives
by hikermor
Yesterday at 09:30 PM
Stove
by Russ
Yesterday at 06:08 PM
Dam poor conditions
by hikermor
Yesterday at 03:56 AM
Defending against cougars, the bears of the woods
by Russ
05/25/18 03:59 PM
FAK + survival kit = comfort kit
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/25/18 11:13 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.