Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'll be back in a week or so! by hikermor @ Today at 02:16 AM

Like you, I am anticipating body pat replacement - a new right hip joint. Hopefully then, something akin to normal activity. But I really piped up to thank you for your labors in open heart surgery. Ten years ago, I got a new aortic valve and those
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'll be back in a week or so! by Janysboy @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

I envy you. My keft knee is bone on bone and I'm having a total knee replacement in a week. I hope to recover, lose some weight, and get back to hiking and camping. In November 2003, I spent a week hiking and camping on Cumberland Island National Sea
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What you don't see... by Tyber @ Yesterday at 07:10 PM

The observation you see is that most people are used to running from car to house, from Mall to car. They are often "trained" to know that the warmth/light/protection is just a few feet away. If you have done SAR, or been out in the booni
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What you don't see... by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 04:33 PM

In general, I prefer an umbrella for short walks (parking lot to the building) and a rain shell for longer walks. My new favorite rain shell is from Goruck. It was super spendy but rugged, comfortable, and breathable.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What you don't see... by M_a_x @ Yesterday at 01:45 PM

Outside of buildings I do not wear a mask. That is unhealthy. I do carry a belt knife (a little more visible than before COVID-19). People tend to keep an appropriate distance. More than 50% of the public who wear a mask wear it in way that does not
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'll be back in a week or so! by chaosmagnet @ Yesterday at 12:53 PM

Have fun!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts I'll be back in a week or so! by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 09:24 AM

I'm heading out Monday for a camping & backpacking trip. Probably won't be back til Saturday, so if I'm not around you'll know why.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What you don't see... by Herman30 @ Yesterday at 06:19 AM

Originally Posted By: TeacherROOften surprised by what I don't see - No hat in Winter Yeah, hard to imagine. I hardly ever go outside without anything on my head summertime. Wintertime never outside without a hat.
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: I'm Moving Out of Hell by LesSnyder @ Yesterday at 03:06 AM

you do know that you have a world class medical facility just up the road at Shands... UF74
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What you don't see... by haertig @ Yesterday at 02:04 AM

In the winter, I have a hat (actually a cap) in my coat pocket. And gloves too. I wear them if I need them, otherwise they just stay in the pockets. I figure, if I don't need a coat, then I don't need a hat or gloves either, so it's safe to leave
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What you don't see... by ki7he @ Yesterday at 01:42 AM

Who wants to keep track of an umbrella? If it's raining I wear a Gortex jacket with a hood. If I get wet... it's water and I'll dry. If I'm in the wilderness I avoid cotton and wear synthetics or wool. Hat in winter? I wear one when it gets cold eno
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Interwoven Overhand Knots (loop knot) by Phaedrus @ 07/12/20 09:01 PM

He was indeed!
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: Interwoven Overhand Knots (loop knot) by TonyE @ 07/12/20 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: PhaedrusPretty cool, thanks! Thank you. BTW, I love the quote in your signature. Richard Feynman was one of a kind.
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 276 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
MarcusPetz, CBlackRaven, TnSweetie, Sundiver70, Keh
5320 Registered Users
Newest Posts
I'll be back in a week or so!
by hikermor
Today at 02:16 AM
What you don't see...
by Tyber
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
I'm Moving Out of Hell
by LesSnyder
Yesterday at 03:06 AM
Interwoven Overhand Knots (loop knot)
by Phaedrus
07/12/20 09:01 PM
In favor of the sling bag*
by TeacherRO
07/11/20 09:33 PM
Man sets fire at Queen of Peace Catholic Church
by Jeanette_Isabelle
07/11/20 08:12 PM
N95 Substitutes
by Phaedrus
07/09/20 07:08 PM
Hikers, protective gear requirements, and SAR
by AKSAR
07/08/20 12:04 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.