Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: canoe country rescue by bacpacjac @ Today at 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: PhaedrusAwesome videos, bacpacjac! All the credit goes to WCD! I just keep these in my reference library. He's the wizard!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: canoe country rescue by Phaedrus @ Today at 05:14 AM

Awesome videos, bacpacjac!
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: canoe country rescue by bacpacjac @ Yesterday at 10:35 PM

Glad you had a good trip, WCD. Smart thinking to stay on shore in a storm like that. Not worth the risk.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: canoe country rescue by bacpacjac @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: KenKCanoedogs, I wanted to ask you what you carry on your PFD. I suspect its already posted on this forum somewhere though, and its probably the subject of a different thread. Ken This is a few years old, but it's always in
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Missing father and son found dead by hikermor @ Yesterday at 05:28 PM

You probably don't even need the $250 in the United States, and definitely not in a National Park. Also helpful is a good map, signalling devices, and plenty of water or nowledge of a good source,,,
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts USGI Radio Pouches by wildman800 @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

I haven't brought this up till now because most people don't bring handheld transceivers with them but another use came to mind. I've been finding radio pouches at Army-Navy Surplus stores for my boat's crew, at $5 each. We spend $75-$100 each for
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: canoe country rescue by KenK @ Yesterday at 12:20 PM

Canoedogs, I wanted to ask you what you carry on your PFD. I suspect its already posted on this forum somewhere though, and its probably the subject of a different thread. Ken
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: canoe country rescue by KenK @ Yesterday at 12:18 PM

Glad your trip went well. I didn't know that in Canada you are allowed to camp anywhere. I thought it was all fire grate = camp. Huh. It seems that would leave the Canadian shores spotted with former campfire scars. I have a real respect for the
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Missing father and son found dead by KenK @ Yesterday at 12:10 PM

So sad!!!!!!! Personal Locator Beacon, $250, provides rescue just about anywhere on the planet. Then again, they may not have even survived until rescue came. Sigh
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Missing father and son found dead by Phaedrus @ Yesterday at 04:13 AM

Yeah, we'll probably never get much for details about what went wrong. Did they get lost? Were they undone by a mechanical injury? The bodies were found one day apart so my guess (if I had to guess) that one of them was physically unable to contin
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: canoe country rescue by CANOEDOGS @ Yesterday at 02:56 AM

back from my trip with no real problems but on a nasty,stormy day in my shelter I was watching the lake whip up. the thought was that if I swamped in that and just had my PFD with the survival gear in it I would still be in a world of hurt. a fire
Around The Campfire
Jump to new posts Re: What info to leave to ID your body? by CANOEDOGS @ 06/23/17 11:32 PM

when I was in the Army in the late 60's guys would have their name and SS tattooed on a foot.word was that body part was most likely to be recovered being in a heavy combat boot. on canoe trips I have a extra Vets Hospital ID card in my PFD.
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Montanero), 285 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CanvasNBrass, MontanaSteve, carlpadilla, mereywatson, tamz75
5201 Registered Users
Newest Posts
canoe country rescue
by bacpacjac
07:14 PM
Missing father and son found dead
by hikermor
05:28 PM
USGI Radio Pouches
by wildman800
12:37 PM
What info to leave to ID your body?
by CANOEDOGS
06/23/17 11:32 PM
Desert Medical Emergency AAR--What done right and
by hikermor
06/23/17 12:58 PM
The 2017 Hurricane Season has commenced
by wildman800
06/22/17 05:56 AM
Spark-Lites
by Phaedrus
06/18/17 02:19 AM
Fidget Spinners....
by bacpacjac
06/17/17 01:56 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.