Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New EDC LED Solitaire by Mark_R @ Yesterday at 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: acropolis5Thanks rafowell for the reinforcement. Strange you should mention the Photon light. I don't always ascribe to the "One is none. Two is one." philosophy. But in my urban existence, emergency lighting is
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Dig? (with) by Montanero @ Yesterday at 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Russ That said, the thread is about digging and I've yet to find a 15 round pistol that's useful for digging a hole in the ground bigger than .45". YMMV I tried to dig a hole with my Glock, it didn't do very well, lol.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Dig? (with) by clearwater @ Yesterday at 05:33 PM

Machetes work fine in temperate forests. It is mostly just custom. The hook on that tool probably is better for some types of cutting, sort of a cross between a sickle and a machete.
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Dig? (with) by M_a_x @ Yesterday at 05:01 PM

They do not use machetes because machetes are a poor tool for forest work in our latitudes. They use axes or tools like that one: http://www.stihl.de/STIHL-Produkte/Zubeh...zer-Gertel.aspx The tool has a smaller edge angle than machetes and is us
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Dig? (with) by quick_joey_small @ Yesterday at 04:45 PM

Of course. Otherwise any cop wanting to get his arrest record up, could simply wait outside kitchen appliance shops and grab anyone who'd bought a knife. In the woods I'd probably be ok with a machete. The problem is getting there with it. Actually
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Dig? (with) by hikermor @ Yesterday at 04:22 PM

The second link above included a summary of UK knife laws. Reading over that section briefly, it would appear that if you are engaged in an appropriate activity with the machete (or whatever), you would be just fine. it's when you walk into a bank
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Dig? (with) by hikermor @ Yesterday at 04:08 PM

You don't describe the character of the life or death situation, so the category is wide open. In many LoD situations, a shovel would be much more appropriate - digging for avalanche or landslide victims, for instance, digging out a mired vehicle, an
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Dig? (with) by M_a_x @ Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Bingley 1. Which do you prefer in a life-or-death situation: the shovel, or a pistol with 15+1 rounds? In many cases it may be the shovel. Even if it is personal defence, the shovel may be what I actually have. Originally Poste
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Dig? (with) by quick_joey_small @ Yesterday at 02:57 PM

I wrote: > a machete is going to get me arrested in England. Herman 30 wrote: > Really? Why then is Hennie Haynes allowed to sell them? My reply is: Because uk offensive weapons legislation only covers public places. qjs
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Dig? (with) by Russ @ Yesterday at 02:34 PM

No sane person would buy a shovel to use primarily as a personal defense weapon, it's a shovel. However, as an expedient PD tool in a situation where a small shovel is handy and the pistol with 15+ rounds is not, an E-tool or CS SF shovel might be a
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Dig? (with) by Bingley @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

Hey, I don't dispute the fact that you can used an improvised weapon to hurt somebody, even without any training. Heck, you can kill somebody even with a fountain pen. Let me repeat my comments in another way. 1. Which do you prefer in a life-or-dea
The Survival Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Do You Dig? (with) by Herman30 @ Yesterday at 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By: quick_joey_small a machete is going to get me arrested in England. Really? Why then is Hennie Haynes allowed to sell them? https://eur.heinnie.com/knives-and-tools/machetes or http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/machetes-saw
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (katarin, SRMC), 295 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
litespeed, AldoMarsh, JasonSantiago, SonnetLabs, reoul
5196 Registered Users
Newest Posts
New EDC LED Solitaire
by Mark_R
08:01 PM
What Do You Dig? (with)
by Montanero
05:56 PM
CRKT Ritter RSK Mk5
by Bingley
05/18/17 05:45 PM
Upping the price range from the mora and haus:
by hikermor
05/17/17 05:57 PM
Breaded Poodles
by bacpacjac
05/17/17 05:37 PM
Happy Mother's Day
by chaosmagnet
05/17/17 03:40 PM
Improvising First Aid
by chaosmagnet
05/15/17 11:36 PM
I need tour ideas of the perfect flashlight!
by hikermor
05/10/17 05:47 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.