Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#99550 - 07/10/07 07:13 PM Re: Best Bang for Your Buck - Items/Sources Needed [Re: harrkev]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I keep an original truck key in my gear support drawer at home and make a new one every few years anyway as the key wears down. I learned this with my wife's car, the key wore slightly and one day the security light came on as the electronics (hall effect sensor) in the ignition switch mis read the key and turned on the security light and wouldn't let it start.
I've carried coin cells before and they always come apart in my pocket. I've standardized on AA cells pretty much now so the Arc AAA and a couple other items will be rotated out soon. I'm alsmot to the point where I have no gear running on anything else but AA's. I'm getting furthur off topic but I'm standardized on Sanyo Eneloop AA's for all my gear and everything has two battery packs or sets of batteries so one can be in the gear and the other in the charger.

#99607 - 07/11/07 04:50 AM Re: Best Bang for Your Buck - Items/Sources Needed [Re: Eugene]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
Check out redflare's site too. He has good stuff, has been great to deal with, and if I am not mistaken, sales supports this forum. Redflare, if I misspoke, I apologize. I remember him sponsoring Doug and donating a portion of sales. Good guy with good stuff for sale.

My disclaimer: My only association with redflare is as a satisfied repeat customer.

#99614 - 07/11/07 11:27 AM Re: Best Bang for Your Buck - Items/Sources Needed [Re: KenK]
OddArne Offline
stranger

I think it`s been pretty well covered. I like to go completely over the top with the quality, but that`s as much an artistic and environmental thing as anything else.

My kit is very similar to Doug`s personal kit. I just bought hipper, re expensive stuff, I have the Nato compass instead and updated the fishing gear a lot. I also don`t really carry any sort of medication, cause I`m not into that and I have a different kind of water purifying product. There`s also a spaceblanket in there and a large piece of plastic and a rubber tube. Also some thick strong plastic bags.

#99900 - 07/15/07 06:26 PM Re: Best Bang for Your Buck - Items/Sources Needed [Re: OddArne]
urbansurvivalist Offline

Loc: Asheville, NC
I just have to add that I think the best 'bang for your buck', and one of the best overall, large(non-edc) flashlights is the Streamlight propolymer luxeon. Bright, durable, waterproof, excellent throw and spread, and runs on AAs, for only $24 at fox-intl.com . A really, really good light.
And for an edc light, a photon freedom, only $11 at alphanet.zoovy.com .

Note: I have no affiliation with anything above, I'm just a satisfied customer and recovering flashaholic.

#99915 - 07/15/07 08:08 PM Re: Best Bang for Your Buck - Items/Sources Needed [Re: OddArne]
aloha Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Hawaii, USA
Originally Posted By: OddArne

I think it`s been pretty well covered. I like to go completely over the top with the quality, but that`s as much an artistic and environmental thing as anything else.

My kit is very similar to Doug`s personal kit. I just bought hipper, re expensive stuff, I have the Nato compass instead and updated the fishing gear a lot. I also don`t really carry any sort of medication, cause I`m not into that and I have a different kind of water purifying product. There`s also a spaceblanket in there and a large piece of plastic and a rubber tube. Also some thick strong plastic bags.

Come on, don't tease. What is the different kind of water purification product?

#99923 - 07/15/07 09:21 PM Re: Best Bang for Your Buck - Items/Sources Needed [Re: Equipped4Chicago]
comlpro Offline

Has anyone made the flashlight conversion shown on the video? The bulb that is shown is a 6 volt bulb. The batteries are 3 volt, times 3 that should work out to 9 volts. Will the 6 volt bulb handle the 9 volt load? Also, where is the guy finding Duracel C123 for $4.00?

#99995 - 07/17/07 01:14 AM Re: Best Bang for Your Buck - Items/Sources Needed [Re: comlpro]
Todd W Offline
Product Tester
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mountains of CA
SierraTradingPost.com is another great place to get camping, survival, outdoor, etc gear cheap!!

-Todd

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 664 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Hoover Stew
by brandtb
05/19/24 03:45 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/17/24 03:49 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
05/16/24 07:59 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
05/16/24 09:49 AM
Bird Flu (H5N1) found in cattle -- are Humans next
by dougwalkabout
05/10/24 01:28 AM
My Doug Ritter Folder Attacked Me!
by dougwalkabout
05/04/24 02:30 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Bingley
04/28/24 03:24 AM
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
04/24/24 10:40 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.