You could do better on both. But then we all could on probably half our junk, er valuable survival kit. More importantly, you could do a LOT worse. Of even more importance, have you covered the basics in the other kit needs? If so, then, and only then you should think of some supplemental cutlery. It would help to know your personal scenarios for emergency use too. That said, lets look at your blades. The K Bar is condemned by many as to big for a carry knife, and not big enough for a serious heavy blade @ 7" long.And the pommel is to small for serious hammering, the leather grips not grippy enough, the rattail tang can snap and it has a double guard.Good points: It has a charisma that is a serious ego booster and costs on average $50. It's easy to sharpen and big enough to use as a draw knife for woodcraft. My K- Bar is getting old and beat up like me. The solution is to go a little slower and think. Do I have to wack a billet of wood in half like King Richard and his lousy Anvil? Maybe the more productive method of slicing edge pieces off or just making shims is better. Now your CRKT.It is a hollowground tanto with serrated teeth. Oh the horror! You've broken every rule. But you state " you love it" so it must be doing something right. Again At @ $50 you can do much worse. Additions? You need a knife with a upswept point for making feather sticks for that most critical task of firemaking. Drumroll and rotten tomatos thrown from the forum gallery--- www.ragweedforge.com and invest $10 on a Mora give or take a $1 depending on what tickles your fancy. And now the most critical question, Do you have the tools and knowledge to keep your cutlery sharp and in good order?