Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#98820 - 06/29/07 11:53 PM Long time, No See Folks!
Madbomber_Mike Offline
Journeyman

Loc: The End of the World, Iraq
Hi everyone,
Sorry for my enforced absence for the last few months. You know how it is with the war...business is "Booming"!!!! grin

Anyway, I'm in Colorado Springs now, and getting set to head out again in a few months, so I'll be in and out occasionally.

Hope everyone is well.

Cheers,
Mike

#98821 - 06/30/07 12:58 AM Re: Long time, No See Folks! [Re: Madbomber_Mike]
smitty Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Missouri
Hello Mike..... I hope all is well with you. I would also like to say "Thank You" for your service. You guys are doing a great job.

smitty

#98828 - 06/30/07 02:08 AM Re: Long time, No See Folks! [Re: Madbomber_Mike]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Hi Mike, I was starting to get concerned.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#98830 - 06/30/07 02:29 AM Re: Long time, No See Folks! [Re: ironraven]
Madbomber_Mike Offline
Journeyman

hey IR!
Missed you guys man! Always love a spirited discussion, and you are a great opponent man! I suppose this would be the "ETS Debate Club"....just no neckties...LOL!
You headed back anytime soon?

#98832 - 06/30/07 02:48 AM Re: Long time, No See Folks! [Re: Madbomber_Mike]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Hey Mike, glad you made it back!!

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#98838 - 06/30/07 04:03 AM Re: Long time, No See Folks! [Re: Madbomber_Mike]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Back? Nooooo. They military doesn't want me and I turned down a job offer when they asked if I minded having to buy my own body armour. :P Who's been... You... Benjammin... TankerJim IIRC... but not me.

I just have too many friends who use me as a confessional when they can.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#98839 - 06/30/07 04:10 AM Re: Long time, No See Folks! [Re: ironraven]
Madbomber_Mike Offline
Journeyman

Ahhh...your own body armor is just fine, I unfortunately will NOT be able to take my own Paraclete this time, working the main stream, not Spec Ops anymore (too old, too broken now). Besides....all the dodging of the mortars, RPG's, and car bombs keeps you on your toes dude... LOL!

At least this is my very last trip, I'm retiring as soon as we get back...if they'll let me....."Let my people goooooo!!!" LOL!

Stay safe,
Cheers

#98841 - 06/30/07 04:41 AM Re: Long time, No See Folks! [Re: Madbomber_Mike]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Welcome back. And such a great place to come home to, Colorado. ReTIREDing is great, highly recommended, do it asap.

As for buying your own body armor (and other assorted goodies to hopefully keep you safe), go for it. I did that for 30 years, the junk the state issued (or did not issue even tho it was available) was lowest bid. To be avoided at all cost...

#98843 - 06/30/07 05:52 AM Re: Long time, No See Folks! [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Todd W Offline
Product Tester
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mountains of CA
Welcome back. smile

#98862 - 06/30/07 03:14 PM Re: Long time, No See Folks! [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Madbomber_Mike Offline
Journeyman

You know, after 20+ years of watching the military purchase individual gear, I am bloody impressed! When I came in in the '80's it cost about $7-900 USD to equip a soldier with field gear, and it wasn't much different from the Vietnam era junk.
I just drew my gear here the other day, and then got my Rapid Fielding gear on top of that...take a guess....nearly $9500 USD!
I cannot believe the improved quality, and quantity of the gear, it's freaky!
As for body armor, I'm in one of those good jobs where they have purchased me three different sets from quality sources (RBR and Paraclete) and I love/hate them all. Wearing body armor sucks, let's face it, but it still has a purpose. Now we need some armor that weighs as much and looks like my uniform, cools/warms me at the same time, is sealed against all CBRN threats, and can take a hit from an artillery shell! LOL! Now all I need to do is patent this sucker and I'll be a billionare and ETS will have an in house benefactor! No more scrounging for denero for Shot Show there Chris and Doug!
This war has been an absolute boon for the "Soldier as a combat system" concept, I think we're better equipped and trained than we ever imagined, and the technological advances that we're adding onto the soldiers individual equipment are just some Sci-fi stuff!
Well, gotta go, I'm headed out to do a little hiking while I get used to 6000ft less atmosphere than I'm used to...LOL!

Cheers all....

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 388 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.