I personally find the show entertaining and watch to try and glean some tidbit of information that I can use for myself. But I do recognize the show to be entertainment. I think people react the way they do and talk about him the way they do because the stuff he does is not something most anyone would do. It makes for great watercooler conversation.

Personally, I respect Bear's abilities and knowledge as I respect everyone else's. I just find some of the things that he does to be so alien and unthinkable, that it makes for something to talk about. Like the elephant poo drink. Or climbing up and down a waterfall against the water. I think the show is staged, as it probably wouldn't be reasonable or safe to film otherwise.

But I guess in show business, any news is good news since it gets people to watch. I bet there are lots of people who watch just to see if he ever goes splat. Not to be mean, but I thought the episode where he drank untreated jungle water and got sick to be funny. But I did like his shelter.