Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#98371 - 06/25/07 11:31 PM Radiation survey meters
ibfestus Offline
stranger

I have a CDV-715 Model No. 1A unit calibrated by K14U, Inc. in Mar. 2007. I believe TSHTF will start with a nuclear explosion.

Is anyone here concerned about radiation fall/out.

What are you doing? I have the survey meter plus 6 months supply of Thyro-safe.

#98372 - 06/26/07 12:02 AM Re: Radiation survey meters [Re: ibfestus]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi ibfestus,

I'm not really concerned about nuclear radiation or fallout but you may find the following interesting,

available at http://nukalert.com/

How cool is that !! cool

Even cooler is the Sonic Screwdriver.

It has gotten the last renegade of Galefray out of some seriously dangerous situations.

Edited by bentirran (06/26/07 12:59 AM)

#98374 - 06/26/07 12:27 AM Re: Radiation survey meters [Re: ibfestus]
big_al Offline
Addict

Loc: 20mi east of San Diego

All that equipment is cool but how do you carry all the radiation equipment and all of the other stuff you will need to get buy untill the air clears. If there is an explosion (air burst) or (ground detonation) Go cross wind untill you hit clean air ( indicated buy no personnel like the fire department telling you to get out).

If its a dirty bomb that is just a local problem and go cross wind until you get to clean air.

If you are effected by any of the above situations it will not matter you will be dust.

#98382 - 06/26/07 01:28 AM Re: Radiation survey meters [Re: ibfestus]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
I'm not doing a bloody thing. And there are simple reasons why- one, I don't live near anything were wasting a nuke on, and two, if I am on the road and I hear a bang, I'm getting out of dodge going cross wind. I don't see the point in a counter unless you've got everything else you need and you have money to waste, I put it into the same category as NVDs and body armour.

As for the six months of potassium iodate, ask your doctor what he thinks of the idea of taking that stuff for six months. It was only intended to be taken for a short period of time, and it works best if you can take it before there is a release. And if you take it too long, you can screw your thyroid up with it almost as well as you can with radioactive iodine.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#98441 - 06/26/07 04:32 PM Re: Radiation survey meters [Re: ibfestus]
Craig_phx Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted By: ibfestus
I have a CDV-715 Model No. 1A unit calibrated by K14U, Inc. in Mar. 2007. I believe TSHTF will start with a nuclear explosion.

Is anyone here concerned about radiation fall/out.

What are you doing? I have the survey meter plus 6 months supply of Thyro-safe.

ibfestus,

I think there is good reason to be concerned about radiation. There have been numerous warning about muslim terrorists having nuclear devices. There is some suggestion that they are waiting for us to attack Iran and then they will set them off in our cities. Mini nukes will easily fit in the trunk of a small car or personal airplane. They would get maximum effect from an air burst.

I would like to own a key-chain size radiation detector. I would also like to have a fallout shelter for the first few days until the radiation level drops back to a survivable level.

No! I have done nothing to prepare for a nuclear attack.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 432 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.