I have used ...with success ... those travel size pain reliever bottles. My last ..even smaller bottles are old contact lense bottles. When I get new one they come in a little glass bottle with a plastic clip to hold the lens suspended in a solution. I remove the clippy thing, clean them out and peel off the labels.
My smaller pills, I can store 30 doses. Not as small ones I can store 14 doses. Last trip to the Eye doctor I asked for and got 4 more bottles. This year I'll ask again ...as I have found more places to stash my meds (at work, in my car, in my travel shave kits for business trips, my EDC and BOB for starters)
After Katrina, I decided I needed to have at least a months supply of my meds in at least one of my kits.
The travel size pain reliver bottles work better for bigger pills and 10-14 doses are able to fit ...which is a reasonable number for most applications....and NOT all brands are the same size...some are fatter than others. The Aleve and Advil ones are the skinniest I think. So I get 2, put all the pills in one of 'em for my FAK and use the other for meds.
The contact lens vials are glass ... so they could be broken...but you'd have to work at it. I also have a few that are plastic, but they are smaller yet ..but 14 days of 81 mg aspirin fits no problem.