I transfer the images that are printed on paper using a scanner attached to a computer. I hand draw some of the images that I don't have printed copies of. I then move the images to a software application called "PAGEMAKER" which is a desktop publisher. This application allows me a considerable amount of control of the final printed image.<br><br>After printing I laminate the paper using a heat laminator.<br><br>Other software applications could be used to create these reference cards, a good word processor, or a good graphics application. Some of the applications I use are Pagemaker, Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop, Autocad<br><br><br>UTM Grid readers: We use 7.5 minute Topo maps from the US Geological Service in most of our Search and Rescue missions. These maps have a system to find your position on the map called Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM), similar to Latitude and Longitude that is also on these maps. Many GPS receivers also have an option showing your UTM position which is easily transferred to the map. We use the UTM grid readers to aid us in the coordinate translations and our land navigation. More info can be found at http://www.maptools.com/UsingUTM/<br><br>Ted Fisher EMT I/D<br>Vermilion County Search and Rescue<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by tfisher on 07/18/01 07:58 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>