Not sure... I would imagine its not an issue if going hunting. You can take a rifle into Canada so long as you do the paperwork before hand. A simple search on the their site http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel/visitors-e.html should give you the necessary info.

I EDC a pocket knife for years while crossing the border daily... A couple times had to empty pockets on both sides and neither cared about the pocket knife. Its a CRKT Kiss with (i think) 2.25" blade.

For the first 6 months of working in detroit, i was keeping one of those asp batons in the door pocket on the driver side. US customs asked about it, I explained where I worked and where the parking lot is... He joked and asked where's my shotgun!!! LOL!!! (note: i'm sure its illegal to bring one of those into michigan, but he was cool about it). Since then, i always carry a 6d mag light up in the front of car, under passenger seat. Less questions.