Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#94506 - 05/13/07 01:53 AM Re: Gear for Disneyworld Trip [Re: ratbert42]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"...jackets and hats or dry clothes..."

To decrease my load, we used to put the extra clothes, etc, into one of the bus lockers you can rent for a buck or so at WaltyWorld. When it cooled off, or got dark, or someone got wet, everyone else found a place to sit and I made the trek back for the goodies. This was in Disneyland, which is a tad smaller than Disneyworld I understand, so it might not work as well there...

#94641 - 05/14/07 07:31 PM Re: Gear for Disneyworld Trip [Re: ratbert42]
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Loc: Queens, New York City
Originally Posted By: ratbert42
...snip..If you're staying on-property, those refill mugs at the resort are a pain. ...snip...

Yeah - they can be - now if you have the budget, stay on the concerge level - free cans of soda - grab a couple, bring them back to the room. An the evening snacks were enough for dinner
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

#94726 - 05/15/07 06:08 PM Re: Gear for Disneyworld Trip [Re: KG2V]
jjmagnum Offline

Like others, on our most recent visit there was no problem with small backpacks or shoulder bags as most rides (at least the ones we went on) had special bins for those bags right on the ride. Moleskin was a life as well as vacation saver! I like the idea of the filtered water bottles (I wish we'd had them).

The check of bags at the gate was cursory, I slipped my Spyderco Yojimbo into my pocket so the tell-tale clip wasn't visible. No worries there.

Light plastic rain poncho's are a must for summer travel to the park (it rains most afternoons). We got a bunch at Wal-mart and Gander Mountain when they were on sale for around $1 a piece. We carried at least two at a time per person. When the rain appeared over we ditched them in the trash bins as refolding them was a pain (especially if wet).

One other thing, like was mentioned before, PLAN! My wife (bless her heart) planned our days around meal times and we always stopped for dinner around 4-5 pm (which usually coincided with the afternoon rain shower) which got us in to eat before others were ready, and back into the park when all the eating venues were full and the attractions were less crowded.

We stayed in the Sports complex and while the rooms were not anything special, they are private and comfortable and all you need since the PARK is the attraction. Also the pools stayed open until Midnight or 1 am which was nice after a long day.

Have fun!

#94739 - 05/15/07 11:19 PM Re: Gear for Disneyworld Trip [Re: jjmagnum]
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Loc: Queens, New York City
I always wonder about Ponchos - I sweat enough that I think I get as wet with them as without.

That said, I got a nice Tilly hat - kept the sun off me and kept me dry
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 309 Guests and 50 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
09/01/24 05:57 PM
Best TSA Safe Multitool
by Doug_Ritter
08/31/24 02:57 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
08/24/24 11:08 PM
Alaskan attacked by a bear and shot
by Phaedrus
08/23/24 07:43 AM
Woman Lost 4 Days in Colorado Mountains Is Rescued
by dougwalkabout
08/22/24 10:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.