So they are not BOBs. Actually, they are called CACHES. However, when a CACHE is mentioned somene thinks of digging and burying things. I dont bury them. I either store them with someone or put a pile of rocks on them ..etc. depending on the type and location.

They are not all the same. The one at dads house is a complete BOB just like any other BOB. You can call it "secondary BOB" if you wish. Just in case I arrive there with only a shirt on my back or even no shirt. OTOH there is also nalgene bottles or cofee cans (whatever) with stuff in them, hidden here and there. Call them Nalgene kits if you wish. In case I arrive on site and face prolonged emmergency and batteries in my EDC are consumed, well, I have backup.

So, I have primary EDC and BOB stuff with me.
These Caches are additional.

You can call them anything like (BOB refill kit) or (BOB backup) if you want. I call them (better than nothing)if I find myself in any situation where my car BOB isnt near me or that I have lost/damaged/consumed something and need replacement or addition.

As I said, I dont RELY on them as primary BOB. However, I can bet everyone in this forum will be glad to find a suppliment somewhere during an emergency and that is what those kits can do when you place them in places where you will most likely be.

Re: dispaosable kits, I assemble them to be cheap and disposable, even losing them shouldnt be a problem. A few first aid items, hygene , razor, scissos, cheap flashlight, PIC lighter, pair of used clean socks , you get the idea.

Having said that, I dont just toss one kit every 5 miles on the highway. I pick where I position them with care. There are sometimes areas and locations where we repeatedly visit for buisness/work reasons. I estimate that we may have 3 or 4 more future visits there, so I bring another disposable kit and hide it somewhere on site. I may retrive it in the last trip. If plans change and they choose another engineer or another guy to go next time, no big deal. I may even tell the colleague where it is in case he needed something or may ask him to retrieve it for me.

When you do contracting work for example, it is not a problem to ask the client for a locker or desk or something on temporary basis. In those places you can hide another kit (even though you have a complete BOB in your car). And when your contract ends, grab it on your way out. One day you will be glad you done that.

An emergency doesnt know we have agreeed on 72-hour or 96-hour standard for PSKs or BOBs. And may decide to outrun your batteries. A few other kits nearby will be a great way to beat the odds.