Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#9182 - 09/13/02 04:11 PM Re: Executive Carry Knife
Craig Offline

Loc: Collegeville, PA, USA
Would you mind expanding on your "Executive SK?" I'd love to know what's in it.

#9183 - 09/13/02 04:17 PM Re: Executive Carry Knife
Craig Offline

Where are you located? I'm north of Philadelphia AND I've been summoned for jury duty. That will be a bladeless day.

#9184 - 09/13/02 04:20 PM Re: Executive Carry Knife
Craig Offline

The problem is, if you have reason to use a knife and therefore deploy the knife hitherto concealed in your wallet, you're begging for problems with security.

#9185 - 09/13/02 04:22 PM Re: Executive Carry Knife
Craig Offline

Okay, I gotta ask, what's in your wallet survival kit? I'm looking for wallet-sized survival gear and it isn't easy to find.

#9186 - 09/13/02 04:24 PM Re: Executive Carry Knife
Craig Offline

Are you the same "Max" who was here before the original forum crashed?

#9187 - 09/13/02 04:51 PM Re: Executive Carry Knife
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
Since I canīt remember the crash of the original forum, I think Iīm not. I registered about 4 weeks ago.<br>

#9188 - 09/13/02 05:30 PM Re: Executive Carry Knife
billvann Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NE Illinois, USA (42:19:08N 08...
Well, I'm piecing things together a little at a time.<br><br>I have a PC backpack for commuting to-and-from the office. It has some stuff like bad-aids, a multi-tool, tape, paper, water bottle, etc.. But I wanted somethings I could caerry with me at all times, including meetings.<br><br>I have a Palm Pilot in a small leather valise case that zips shut. It's 6 1/2" tall x 4" wide by 1 1/2' thick. The right side holds the PDA via a vacro strip. It also hase a pen ho;der and stylis holder. My stylis also has a pen tip by unscrewing the pointer tip. The left side has a flap that holds 3"x5" iindex cards or paper. I cut paper down since I can carry more sheets, but I do have a card on the bottom of the "deck." The flap opens up to reveal 5 slots/pockets for holding business crads. Three of them actually hold business cards, two from meetings with contacts. One holds business cards I made up for my scout troop. The other two hold a grafetti cheat sheet for the PDA and the last holds a copy of my PSK cheatsheet. It's not truly appropriate in an urban setting so I really should include a different sheet (someday). One of these slots is where I'll place the SpyderCard knife, plain blade, BTW. (Thanks everyone for your suggestions).<br><br>Under the flap, on the case's inside cover, is a small business card pocket where I actually keep my business cards .<br><br>When opened, the flap has an isnide pocket between the 3"x5" side and the 5 slot card side. In here I've stashed a small plastic sewing kit case (2 1/2"x4"). It includes a small sewing kit (surprise!), 2 quarters & an exacto razor blade taped to a business card, another copy of my PSK Cheetsheet and some band-aids.<br><br>I added a split rin on to the zipper pull tab. It's the removable type where you can detatch the keys. On this I've added a Fox whistle and Photon II LED light. I find having the Phjoton detaychable is useful as I end up under desks occaisionally when my coworkers ask for me to see what's wrong with their PC (before they call the help desk). The first thing I do is o make sure everything's plugged in (power, network connectiion, etc.)<br><br>Anyway, I know there's more I can add and I will. What I like is that it's mostly inconspicious, except for the bright orange whistle, which folks in meetings will occaisionally ask me about. That give me an opportunity to explain why I have it, to which the usual response is "I know who to look for in an emergeny."<br><br>So what else should I consider?

#9189 - 09/13/02 06:01 PM Re: Executive Carry Knife
amper Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: US
Well, if you find yourself in a situation where you really need to use the weapons you have concealed, you're probably well past the point where you're going to be worried about security people.<br><br>The reason I carry tools and/or weapons wherever I go is that you can never be certain what random chance might bring you. Especially since last September (and even back to Oklahoma City), every time I go into a public/government building I try to carry my tools--not because I'm looking to harm another person, but because I'm worried that little things like terrorist attacks and building collapses may necessitate the use of my tools.

#9190 - 09/13/02 06:27 PM Re: Executive Carry Knife
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Just a couple of notes.<br><br>I have to wear picture ID at all times. I have a Suunto breakaway lanyard with the ID and a Black Fox 40. It always surprises me how many people do not even see the whistle.<br><br>I carry an old style pocket calender instead of a PDA and have taken a sailmakers needle threaded with bright red wool and slipped this in the calendar binding. I use the wool as a page marker, but really have it there for the needle. (I have 2m of waxed nylon sewing thread wrapped around a business card in the pocket of my Molskine notebook....along with a copy of YOUR PSK cheat sheet).

#9191 - 09/13/02 06:41 PM Re: Executive Carry Knife
amper Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: US
So far, my wallet-sized kit contains (I mix and match, depending on circumstances):<br><br>SOG Access Card<br>DMT Dia-Sharp diamond sharpeners (XFine, Fine, Coarse)<br>Pro-Knot knot reference card set<br>The Fisherman's Ultimate Knot Guide<br>2 Purell sanitizing towellettes<br>2 Neosporin packs<br>6 Band-Aids<br>2 Unlubed condoms<br>Credit cards, phone cards, money<br>Signal mirror<br>small piece of PackTowl, folded<br>small fishing/sewing kit (a few needles, hooks, bits of line)<br>a book of matches (and when I can find them, the type of matchbook with wooden matches)<br><br>The general idea is to make a kit that fits into some sort of a wallet for ease of carrying. The wallet can then also be fit into a small Otter Box/Pelican Case/etc for waterproofing. I'm not trying to make it all fit comfortably in a pants pocket, since I never carry my wallet in my pants, anyway. Also, I don't believe in trying to make everything you might need fit into one package--it's easier and probably better to keep things you need often or immediately out of the package (like an EDC knife, cigarette lighter, mini flashlight, whistle).<br><br>This list is not by any means complete. I'm always looking for little things to toss in, so if anyone has a suggestions, fire away!<br>

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 475 Guests and 64 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Lost in Northern California Mountains for 10 Days
by Ren
Yesterday at 08:36 PM
Growing a Garden in 2024?
by Eugene
Yesterday at 06:46 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/23/24 06:12 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by clearwater
06/12/24 11:25 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
06/09/24 07:45 PM
EDC Reduction
by paulr
06/04/24 10:30 AM
Recent Signal Mirror Successes - more wanted
by paulr
06/03/24 08:35 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.