Thank you all for your help!

As far as I know, the cup is solid brass. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to meatals though. Here's a pic of the cup in my posession. I've never posted a pic before and the post preview doesn't show it but I'll try anyway.

[img]http://www.corriganfamily.org/gallery/v/Adventure/Misc/Sierra-Cup.jpg.html[/img]

KenK, thanks for the lead. I will probably call them, but the next couple lines of the news letter are a bit discouraging.

"... awarded an engraved, brass Sierra Cup. This wide-mouthed cup with handle, perfect for dipping cool water from a mountain stream, was developed by the AMC. Times change, and the Sierra Cup is no longer available (and drinking directly from that mountain stream is not advisable)."

I think I'm hitting a dead end, but I'll keep fighting the fight. I've posted at an AT Thru-hiker's forum as well and they haven't been able to find anything either. Just a sign of the times I guess. There are much better options these days. If any of you happen to run across one, drop me a line. Again, thanks a ton for the input!!

m