A very interesting theory. I wish they had said who or where the research had been conducted that led to this theory, becuase I'd be interested in looking at the actual data.

Bees being about the only "industrial" bugs other than silk worms would be ones that would spot it. There has to be an organization that organizes butterfly watchers and has data about sightings. I'd also look at the birder clubs, but there are a lot of other factors that are going to come into play to, any of them could also be effecting the bees.

The only problem with theory, and the part that is almost comforting, is back in the 60s, there was something called "disappearing colonies". Very similiar to colony collapse now, but no where near as wide spread and the failed colonies' honey wasn't shunned by scavengers. I've heard that a few times in the recent phenomena.

The other part of it is, isn't that when the African bees were imported?

"Equally alarming, blue-chip Swedish research revealed that radiation from mobile phones killed off brain cells, suggesting that today's teenagers could go senile in the prime of their lives."

Yeah, anyone who's spent much time on a college campus in the past few years and loathes cellphones would believe this. smile

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.