Ironraven...thanks for speaking out.

Anyone who thinks we don;t have contingency plans to take care of any conceivable enemy hasn;t just been "not paying attention"....they've been oblivious to reality. What do you think they do in the Pentagon all day?

It's nice to come in here and hear people talk about "the U.S.", as if "those people" are some distant country we can criticise or complain about at will. "They" are us....as in WE. And WE are not provoking anyone right now...WE are responding to provocation. Reality really isn;t so distant a thing that we can;t see it. We just have to wait until the smoke clears or stay away from those who are blowing it. I'll give credit where it's due Diablo. At least you said "our government".... I can live with that. I can;t buy the rest of the statement though.

Here's a funny thought...brought up recently by a famous syndicated columnist: there are "many" here in America yammering about Iraq and our war on terror...wanting to pull troops here and there....moaning and crying about every move we make to protect ourselves.... pretending to be on the side of the soldiers risking their lives for whatever we send them to do. The same people are now yammering and whinning because they want to send troops to Darfur. Here's a novel idea! Let's pull our fighting forces out of where we need them most and send them.....where we need them least!

Stay away from the smoke.