Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8975 - 09/10/02 12:03 PM Re: Jury Duty gear
Craig Offline

Loc: Collegeville, PA, USA
I found a pocket first-aid kit (without any blades) in the local supermarket, and that now resides in one of the pockets of my suit coat.<br><br>Two and a half months?! Jeez. Okay, I'm dying to know, what DID you bring into the courtroom?

#8976 - 09/10/02 12:11 PM Re: Jury Duty gear
Craig Offline

Loc: Collegeville, PA, USA
Our county courthouse resides in a lower middle class, high-crime locale. I'd feel very safe in saying they wouldn't allow anything, no Leatherman Micras, no Victorinox Classics.

#8977 - 09/10/02 01:45 PM Re: Jury Duty gear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Over the past five years, security measures have increased considerably in my county Hall of Justice (Ventura County, CA). In 1997, a notice on the front door proclaimed that any blade longer than 4 inches was considered a weapon and was illegal. People entering courtrooms on the fourth floor were screened for weapons. I carried my trusty Leatherman on my belt with no hassles<br><br>In 1998, when I did my long jury tour, knives were out, anywhere in the courthouse. I was able to carry my Micra, along with other EDC items, with no problems.<br><br>Today, entering the courthouse is just like flying, although more strictly administered. Scanners, the whole bit. Every morning there are massive lines of employees trying to get to work, as well as jurors, etc.<br><br>I suppose the response to these kinds of environments is to develop a "bladeless" form of EDC, with blades located at a known location - the vehicle, checked luggage, or whatever. Along with this would be the knowledge and ability to improvise cutting implements from items at hand.<br><br>I am flying to Washington in about two weeks, intending to carry no checked luggage. Between the airlines and the locations I will visit, sharps seem like a real problem. Fortunately the trip is only for about two days.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 458 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.