The mess-tin protects the supplies in them and adds almost no bulk. The spork isn't that bulky, and although I don't often cook, I do eat on the hikes and a spork comes in handy with that.

The coffe is instand coffee. I use the coffee to start up and the tea to calm down. (just has that effect on me) The filters can be used for filtering the water before I purify it with a purifying tab. I've removed the glucose tabs for the reason that you pointed out, as well as the blanket-pins,1 candle, alcohol swabs and buttons.
The saw always comes in usefull, and it's very lightweight. I guess I could replace it with a wire-saw, but I don't really like wire-saws, exept for in a PSK.
The 15m. ofcord in the kit is the same as paracord, and it isn't really heavy or bulky in my opinion (and I use it all the time).

As you said, the sewing thread is very compact and again, I use it for all sorts of things, and because I will use it as fishing-line in a emergency. So I want to carry as much of the stuff as possible.
I prefer vaseline because you could use it for lips (I prefer that over chap-stick), fire-starting and chafting.

I've also removed the 'purell' from the FAK. Wipes will do just fine.

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

As for the spork: I really like the material. I haven't broken it jet and it doen't take up much space. A very usefull tool!

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductD...gory_rn=5777365