The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8930 - 09/19/02 04:13 PM Re: Urban survival kit
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Trusbx,<br><br>Might as well toss in a few of these whistle/containers<br><br>I am curious about them. Most of the combo whistle/compass/matchsafe/whatever devices I have seen here are large, bulky, and toy-like. <br>

#8931 - 09/20/02 12:21 AM Re: Urban survival kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

My Urban carry is very similar to what Presumed Lost has posted below, but this is what works for me:<br>Cel-phone on belt<br>In my pockets:<br>Altoids tin PSK (Doug style)<br>Leatherman Wave with Bic lighter in pouch<br>Kershaw liner folding knife<br>Tums<br>Spare cel-phone battery in back pocket<br>On my keychain:<br>Mini-Mag flashlight<br>Bar Creek Lockback knife (holds a sharp edge and used constantly - $4.99 at Wal-Mart)<br>Small emergency whistle-led flashlight. (don't know brand)<br>In my soft sided briefcase:<br>Various work related items<br>Bible<br>Maps of Tri-County area, three closest states, and USA<br>Sports bottle with water<br>Zippered Day-Runner with Cel Phone pocket<br>Inside the Day-Runner:<br>In the cel-phone pocket I carry a Sony AM-FM-TV-Weather cassette radio with ear buds because I've found that TV news in an emergency situation is more up to the minute and reliable than local radio stations. <br>Velcro-ed in on that side are:<br>Sheffield folding knife<br>Aqua Pur<br>pepper spray<br>bic lighter, <br>AA flashlight, <br>mini multi-tool, larger multi tool<br>lightstick<br>Coleman compass-thermometer<br>Metal whistle and lanyard<br>tea-lite candle. <br>In pockets on other side are:<br>Pictures of family<br>50 feet nylon cord wrapped on cardboard<br>MSA affinity plus dust mask 7-1554-1 NIOSH N95<br>Emergency and family phone numbers and phone card info<br>Paper, pencil, large rubber bands, paper clips<br>Several sizes ACCO metal clips (Office Depot - Very Useful)<br>2 Planters Peanut Bars<br>Pouch with various meds and waterproof matches<br>2 Oven bags<br>2 contractors trash bags<br>flat roll duct tape<br>Mini playing cards<br>4-pack AA batteries<br>One Lens from broken eye-glasses<br>Digital Thermometer<br>Iosat iodine tablets (Nearby nuclear power)<br>Red bandana<br>Spare keys<br>Everything fits nicely inside. My daughter says it looks like I a Bible cover. Still keep a three day food pack in the car, and a .38 for the just in case.... Regards to all, and thanks for all I've learned here.

#8932 - 09/20/02 02:13 AM Re: Urban survival kit
Trusbx Offline
addict

Loc: Ed's Country
sure. I will get a few and toss it into the pack. I'm still waiting for the stock of the tins and lunch boxes to arrive before I PM you. <br><br><br><br>

#8933 - 09/20/02 04:19 AM Re: Urban survival kit
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Rather than list items that are not dissimilar to the many excellent assemblies; let me mention a few ideas. A newspaper is a common urban item of carry; Wall Street Journal for suits, Berkeley Barb for Birkenstocks etc. A clean newspaper( medium not message) is; emergency insulation,tinder,sanitary compress , dust mask and even self defense. In urban disasters whole nieghborhoods may be secured except to residents or employees. If you have recently moved carry something with your CURRENT address and name, ie a utility bill, pay stub etc.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Phaedrus), 524 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.