Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#8802 - 08/31/02 02:31 PM Documentation
Anonymous
Unregistered

What method do you use to keep track of your kits? By this I mean where do you keep your inventory, by what method do you keep track of expendable supplies, do you keep in on computer, hand-written (oy), PDA.....<br><br>I use an Excel spreadsheet very customized to my particular needs. In addition to my inventories of supplies, I keep track of vital documents, my escape routes, a list of important numbers, a threat analysis, and various other things. <br><br>Share your ideas and see what we come up with.

#8803 - 09/01/02 09:27 AM Re: Documentation
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
I use a CSV text file for the raw data. For display and manipulation I mostly use CGi scripts.<br>The text file can be used for other programs and platforms (like my PDA) as well. That way there is only one set of data to maintain.

#8804 - 09/02/02 02:11 AM Re: Documentation
Ade Offline
Enthusiast

K,<br><br>I'm a dinosaur, a throwback, a quasi-neo-Luddite. I use a pencil and paper; occasionally, I put the info on a word processor, but that is as technical as it gets for me.<br><br>Take care,<br><br>Andy

#8805 - 09/02/02 07:12 AM Re: Documentation
Anonymous
Unregistered

I keep a printed inventory on my kits which I update virtually weekly. I just use MS Word with a table. I also keep a copy of the inventory with the kit concerned. I have a copy of my mini PSK inventory in my wallet which I have reduced for size.

#8806 - 09/02/02 02:50 PM Re: Documentation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe we could exchange blank versions, just to see how the other does it?

#8807 - 09/03/02 06:32 AM Re: Documentation
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use the same format that Doug uses for his kits.

#8808 - 09/04/02 10:04 AM Re: Documentation
jet Offline
Enthusiast

I just keep a series of text files named "Jeep", "PSKs", "CERT", "Travel", "EDC", "Office", "BOB", etc. They're just lists, but I put a set of brackets at the beginning of each line with either a space or an "x" (if that item is currently in my kit). That's how I keep track of what needs to be replaced or added.<br><br>It looks like this excerpt from my EDC list:<br><br>SIGNALING<br>---------<br>[x] Acme "Tornado" whistle<br>[ ] 1" x 3' bright yellow & orange ribbons (This reminds me I currently need to replace these items.)<br>[x] Cellular Telephone w/ roaming service<br>[ ] Cellular Telephone w/ roaming service & built-in GPS transmitter (This reminds me to keep this item in mind for the future.)<br><br>EMERGENCY DEVICES<br>-----------------<br>[x] Leatherman Micra<br>[x] 2 "Ranger" bands <br>[x] mini disposable lighter<br>[x] white "Photon II Micro-Light"<br>... and so on down the list ...

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 355 Guests and 45 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.