Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#89698 - 03/28/07 04:44 PM Re: how about igloo? [Re: mattnum]
ducktapeguy Offline
Enthusiast

Never seen that one before, looks pretty nice. It looks like it has the same type of vent plug as the aquatainers though. It's not a big deal, but they do leak a tiny bit if you're carrying it and the water is splashing around inside.

I got a chance to use the aquatainers again this weekend while packing for a camping trip. After having to haul them out of storage, I am definitely going to start buying smaller sized water containers, either the blitz (if it's durable) or more likely the coleman. The 7 gallon aquatainers are a bit on the heavy side, you have to be in pretty decent shape to carry it, and even then it's akward. If you have younger children or small spouses, it might be too much for them to handle in an emergency.

I still have a whole bunch of aquatainers that I have sitting on my floor at home, I might give a few to friends so I can go buy new gear. smile

#89700 - 03/28/07 05:02 PM Re: how about igloo? [Re: ducktapeguy]
norad45 Offline
Veteran

Try just filling them up to the 5 gallon mark. That should help with the weight. I keep mine filled all the way in the summer but cut it back to the 6 gal mark in the winter to avoid freeze damage.

My beef with the vent plug is that it will never seal as well as a screw vent and it provides an entry point for bacteria and dirt. I guess if the contents are rotated frequently enough this shouldn't be too much of a concern.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 458 Guests and 48 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
The price of gold
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 12:43 AM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
09/01/24 05:57 PM
Best TSA Safe Multitool
by Doug_Ritter
08/31/24 02:57 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.