My point is that there are a lot of people that are asking what can I buy to do something instead of how can I do it. Most people are concerned about the weight of their BOB. Knowledge of how to do these things don't weigh anything and makes using what equipment you do have easier. Buying the best tent on the market won't help you if you pick the wrong place to put it up. Having your snares won't help if you put them in the wrong place. Knowing the basics will help no matter what kind of equipment you have. Instead of asking what else can I buy first learn to use what you have and improvise if you have to. When I first started learning after class room studies we were set out in an area for three days with our knowledge, a knife, and a couple of matches. After we mastered the "BASICS" then we started learning to use other equipment. Knowing how to store your food is great unless you don't have it to store then you might want to be able to find it. Knowing how to treat water is great or having the filters to clean it is better, but do you know how to find it. If your in the mind set that you might need a survival kit then how can you over look the need to know how to do with out it. I want my equipment and much prefer to have it but if every thing was lost tomorrow I can make it with out it can you? That is what I want every one to ask them selves.