Where to start? Frst off, yes I do own one of these.

What I like about it (compared to other knives I've owned)
Blade lenght- at just under 5" the blade is just right to be practicle.

Handle- Full sized and provides good traction even when wet.

Blade material- 12C27 Stainless which is equvilent to Buck's 425M and 440A Stainless hardened to 58 Rc. What does that mean? It won't hold an edge as well as 440C but then it won't chip or be as hard to resharpen either. Its harded to teh same hardness as the legendary Ka-bar but because its made from 12C27 instead of 1025 it won't corrode as easy.

Sheath- Composit, with more securing features than any other knife I have owned. The knife is secured by the sheath itself, then it has two handle securing straps on top of that. So you are going to loose this knife by having it fall out of teh sheath, but you're not going to be able to draw it fast for self defence either.

Blade design- Spear point (AKA modified drop point). For a general purpose knife I like this as its harder to break or bend than other designs.

Sharpener- I love its sharpener. IIt looks like Gerber's ceramic V sticks built in to the sheath. So you have a reliable sharpener that you're not going to loose with you. The only down side is it really won't do much for teh serations on the blade.

Why I bought one? I was looking at multi-purpose knife for both military field work and camping/backpacking. I wanted a fixed blade, 4-6" (my Kabar at 7" blade lenght was great fo military field work but just to big for camping uses), hard sheath (after having a knife 'poke' through its leather sheath), metal butt cap (had a Cold Steel SRK handle "bend over" on me), had to be SS (I didn't want any maint problems with corrosion), and under $100 (as its only a knife, my opinion is if you're betting your life on your knife alone you are one hurting camper. A good $60-90 knife and $50-80 worth of gear is better than GREAT $140 knife).

What sold te LMF on me?
Blade design and blade material. It meets ASEK specs (I only know of two other knives that do). The sharpener. The shaeth design with both a belt loop and MOLLE straps. Finally the handle itself.

Knife gimicks- The whole "lash it to a pole and make a spear". Yeah right. But the holes do make for good "Dummy cord" attachment points. Handle isulated from electric shock, in an ASEK knife I could see where that would be Extremely handy but I would hate to put that one to the test.

Overall I really like this knife, butI felt it was a little pricely to be honest.