Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8491 - 06/11/03 11:55 PM Re: Capsules
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, Schwert. Those look really good for what I have in mind. Waterproof and sturdy. Probably one of those would even be the perfect size. Unfortunately they do not publish the interior dimentions. Maybe I can contact the manufacturer for specs. Meanwhile, if anyone has any of these and you happen to know if it would fit a standard flashlight bulb (the common kind that come in most cheap 2D flashlights), the info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

#8492 - 06/12/03 01:17 AM Re: Capsules
garrett Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: North Carolina
I have seen these as well and I want to get a couple for my PSK and key chain. I plan to use them to hold water pills or motrin or something. I think that about the only thing I could use them for is a pill case.

Garrett

#8493 - 06/12/03 01:28 AM Re: Capsules
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Seattle, Washington
I have both the skinny and fat stainless ones in the first image.

The fat one will easily hold flashlight bulbs. It is 42mm tall, 20mm diameter outside with a wall thickness of about a half mm. So figure the ID is 19mm. I know you could put maybe 2 bulbs in here with some cotton for padding and tinder.

The skinny one is 50mm tall and 12mm outside diameter, again about 11mm ID. Probably not going to fit a bulb.

Here are the Bison short and skinny stainless together as fire and pill kits.

#8494 - 06/20/03 03:36 AM Re: Capsules
Marie Offline

I thought US Dollars wouldn't fit either until I changed the way I was rolling them. You can fit 1 bill in the small bison by doing this:
1. Hold the bill so you can read it
2. fold it in half, right to left
3. fold that half of the dollar into thirds... right to left (so you have 3 flaps that fold up)
4. Now you have a sliver of a bill that you can still somewhat read... and the width is a bit smaller than the length of the bison capsule... now roll it up or down.. your preference...you'll have to do this pretty tightly. sometimes it takes me twice to do it
5. Amazingly, this is now just smaller than the bison capsule. Place it in the capsule going in the same direction as the capsule closes (it's easier as it doesn't catch the lid as you close it)...

Now you can have money in a small Bison capsule and nobody ever guesses you have an emergency $50 always with you... It's saved me several times in shopping emergencies... and I always immediately refill it! Have fun!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Herman30), 324 Guests and 45 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
The price of gold
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 01:04 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
09/01/24 05:57 PM
Best TSA Safe Multitool
by Doug_Ritter
08/31/24 02:57 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.