Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#8109 - 08/10/02 08:17 PM basic kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,<br>I am hoping that any one can advice me on a basic kit to carry with me every time I go away from home for a couple of hours. Normally when I go away I carry with me my SAK champ, small first aid kit, 1 litre of water, a 6cm folding knife and a mobile phone, not to forget my PSK. Any one any sugestions what more I should/shouldn't carry? I know this type of post had been posted before but not for my life style.<br>thanx

Edited by reinhardt_woets (08/11/02 10:15 AM)

#8110 - 08/10/02 11:11 PM Re: basic kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I "always" carry my PSK with me in a hip pouch that joggers and bicyclers wear, and my Leatherman is "always" hooked to my belt. My larger kit is either in the trunk of my car when I'm out n' about or 10' from me when I'm at home. As for the contents of these kits, I check out the forums here and I copied every item Doug listed in his personal kits (I'm shameless! If Doug said knee socks and having a potted plant on my head was advisable; I'd have em!)

#8111 - 08/11/02 03:25 AM Re: basic kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

What I carry every day:<br><br>On my person:<br><br>Chris Reeve Small Sebenza NICA Limited Edition with 3' paracord lanyard<br><br>A silk handkerchief<br><br>A Zippo lighter<br><br>My cell phone<br><br>SOG Crossgrip mini multi-tool<br><br>Phone company calling card (in wallet)<br><br>Plus on my key ring: Swiss-tech Utilikey, Inova mini LED lite<br><br>Out at night: a Surefire 6P with P61 120 Lumen bulb<br><br>In my brief bag:<br><br>Adventure Medical Kits Pocket Medic kit, with 12 hour Contacs and zinc oxide ointment added<br><br>A tube of SPF30 sunscreen<br><br>A space blanket (yeah, yeah, I know, but it came with the Mainstay rations I bought and it's still useful)<br><br>A liter bottle of store-bought bottled water, plus a Nalgene Cantene 32+ ounce bottle, empty, collapsed<br><br>A Optimus (Radio Shack) 12-797 multiband radio<br><br>One pair Sennheiser earbud headphones<br><br>A Leatherman WAVE, plus tool bits<br><br>A Penrith PSK, with some components switched out and added (another Inova mini lite in here)<br><br>An Inova X5T LED Flashlight with a 3' paracord lanyard and a snaphook<br><br>20 feet paracord<br><br>Another silk handkerchief<br><br>A BCB deluxe wire saw<br><br>A KGM Vector butane lighter<br><br>On pair each spare batteries, AAA and CR123<br><br>Spare cellphone battery<br><br>One pair Oakley polarized Tens sunglasses<br><br>Spare FM antenna<br><br>Expired Drivers' License (Spare ID)<br><br>Arktis compact rainshield jacket<br><br>Navy blue boonie hat<br><br>(all of this is in addition, of course, to work related stuff and reading material, walkman, cigars, sandwich, etc.)

#8112 - 08/11/02 05:30 AM Re: basic kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, nobody has threatened us like that before :)<br>And, well, What exactly is your life style?<br><br>Town being....<br>A farm being....<br><br>id like to help but not enough info man!!

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (MartinFocazio), 511 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
israfaceVity, Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall
5369 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.