Thanks everyone for great contributions

While surfing, I saw this:
http://www.aussurvivalist.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=12

It is good to see a few threads that address women needs in bad cirxumstances.

Zardoz

I think that survival in a disaster is a bit different than serving in the army or police. When your serving duty you PLAN not to be pregnant for example, or plan when to become pregnant. In a disaster you dont choose the timing or circumstances. And that is why preparing for that possibility is very important as you said. And that is what this thread is all about.

Even some non-biological scenarios (scenarios not involving pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding) are more probable for a woman than for a man, like having her small kid to care for after a disaster. A man can be stuck in such a situation, but there is a bigger chance for a woman to be in such situation, so what can she do to be prepare for that possibility ?

I think that forming a group ( translated to civil non-survivlist language: a woman social club ) that addresses this part - among its objectives - is a step in the right direction. So, I woulds say that a girl or woman whose family ( husband - prents ..etc. ) think of forming a preparedness/neighborhood group should include "women stuff" in the agenda and assume the worst womanly scenario in their plans.