Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#8078 - 08/09/02 03:03 PM PKT tin
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi i was wondering what should i use for my pkt tin iv tryed candy tins and im thinking of trying a boot shiner tin can som one give me a list of the stuff i should have in it i need it poket size<br><br>thax

#8079 - 08/09/02 05:21 PM Re: PKT tin
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

No, Most of our membership is in the USA. We have members from; Canada,Mexico, Great Britain, Netherlands, Poland,Sweden,Italy, Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia,Turkey,South Africa just to name a few off hand. For your PSK just read the articles onsite. It's all there along with retailers. You can yse just about any tin; Altoids candy is the classic from it's use in Britain, a shoe polish tin will also work.

#8080 - 08/09/02 05:34 PM Re: PKT tin
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
Something I have tried recently is the tin from smoked oysters. I used one of those "safety" can openers that does not leave a sharp edge. It works by separating the seam, so the lid fits back on perfectly. I have used both the hand cranked and electric versions. The hand one allows for a little more control. The can is then washed out thoroughly; I have not had any problems with residual odors. The oblong cans are easily sealed with electrician’s tape. If one wanted to go through the trouble it could be solder all the way around. I recently purchased some tape that is supposed to create a waterproof seal. The tin is slightly smaller that an Altoids tin, but one advantage is that they stack on top of each other well because of the rim around the top. Pete

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Ren), 626 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
israfaceVity, Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall
5369 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.