Personally, I never wanted to get into the Leatherman/Gerber conversation. People have their preference, and that's fine. But...I have owned a Leatherman Wave, Leatherman Super-Tool, and for X-mas, my girl got me a Gerber 800 Legend. I LOVE this thing! I was never really impressed with Gerber's Multi-Tool line until I got this. No longer will I buy a Leatherman, as long as Gerber keeps this tool in their line-up. As a matter of fact, I can't remember using (or seeing) a Leatherman since I got the 800 Legend.<br><br>The things I like best about the Legend:<br>-Spring loaded pliers.<br>-Ability to rotate/change the wire-cutters.<br>-Ability to replace the saw blade with different styles for different wood. (It has been said that these blades are hard to find, however, there's tons of them at my local Sears Hardware store)<br>-All tools lock in place.<br>-"Aligator grips"<br>-Mine DOES have a can opener.<br><br>The only faults I find with it...it's a bit bulkier than the Leatherman tools. Also, the sheath isn't well thought out, but i've replaced it anyway. And I'm not too keen on the serrated blade...but so far it's beaten everything i've put it through.<br><br>John McIntire