Well your statement of LMs digging into your hands is correct except for the Wave and maybe the new Super Tool. About 6 years ago I was only buying and recommending Gerber due to above reason. Lately I use LM Wave (past 2 years) over Gerber because of blade accessibility. My old man still prefers Multi-Plier series over anything that is out there due to one hand pliers slide out function. Gerbers are great and when they came out with their Legend series I wanted to make Wave my back up tool. But my friend beat me to it and while kayaking/camping we were testing it and I was really amazed at least until the lunch time. I threw him three cans of stew to open and Gerber tool had no can opener! Hmmmm major problem if you ask me. Suddenly all the sweet functions such as spring loaded handles, interchangeable blades on the saw and wire cutter didn't mean anything. But personal tool is more of the matter of preference. It's not like one of them is better than another. Well some are but each company makes one that is outstanding and similar to competition. You just have to get bunch of them in one place and figure out which one you like the most. What I like about Gerber in general is that for $80 you can make your own personal tool with custom blade combination and special handle color. How cool is that? Still to end my morning rumbling in a good fashion: no matter how good your tool is it means nothing when you don't have it.<br><br>Matt<br>