Quote:
I had a little tool kit I made up and carried also, but you have to be real carefull loaning it to stranded motorists.

Well that was pretty darn nice of you...

I usually carry enough tools and other stuff to pratically do a roadside engine rebuild, but I did have to impose on an officer recently. Went for a short road trip with a buddy in his truck , and he's one of these people that figures if he has his wallett, keys, and cellphone, he's ready for anything. So he stops for gas and we both get out, and I accidently hit the electric lock button just as I closed the door. He's already out and the keys are in the ignition. No spare key, no tools.

I noticed when we were pulling in that there was a State Highway Patrol car in the parking lot of the this truck stop that had a small restaurant. I figured "Aha! Those guys carry slim jims." Walked inside and found the officer having a cup of coffee with a couple other guys. He's got his back to the wall and watches me walk towards up with this look on his face like "Oh... This is going to be interesting". Anyway, no lockout tools, but he did get the local constabulary on the phone and they were nice enough to come out and get the door open for us.