If you like the SuperO, take a look at the new Breitling Avenger Seawolf. It looks similar to the SuperO, but with the Avenger style dial numbers, it's titanium, and it's water resistant to 10,000 feet (eek!).<br><br>Of course, if you really want to be anal about it, back it up with a good quartz movement, since even a cheap quartz will be far more accurate in the very short term (good for timing events), but over the long term, a COSC certified chronometer will do really well, and doesn't need to be opened as often for maintenance.<br><br>As far as a pen goes, it's hard to beat the Fisher Space Pen. I like the original bullet style for an emergency kit, and a more dressy pen with a Fisher refill (which are available for many different pen brands).<br><br>Pencils are good, but a good leadholder is better, especially if the lead is very thick (thicker than the standard 2mm drafting leads), as this increases the likelihood that the point will not break down when writing on rough surfaces. Hey, you never know where you might need to leave a message, right?<br><br> If you can get a water resistant lead, so much the better. I'm still looking for a good one, but that shouldn't take too long, as I used to be an art supplies buyer. I just haven't concentrated on that yet.