Watch: Breitling SuperOcean Professional. It's built like a tank, water-resistant to 5000ft (yeah, I know how pointless that is!), and most importantly it's mechanical. So it's resistant to Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP) and I don't have to worry about finding a spare battery out in the wilderness. The rotating bezel provides a basic timing function. I use a Hirsch Carbon-Fibre on Rubber strap with deployant clasp; this is fantastically rugged, while incredibly comfortable, and doesn't feel bad in either hot or cold weather.<br><br>(The EMP resistance thing always strikes people as a bit paranoid, but in fact I first switched to using mechanical watches when this actually did matter to me. I was working with power supplies that generated an intense EMP spike, and any quartz watch in the area just fell over and died. Mechanical just ain't worried about this stuff.)<br><br>Having said that, I also carry a Casio G-Shock as spare. I have disabled the beeper; for some reason, Casio have removed the ability to turn off the button beep on the newest G-Shocks. There are many times when I just do not want my watch to be broadcasting a loud noise every time I hit the button. Very annoying indeed.<br><br>I carry a pencil as my survival 'pen'. Much more versatile and field-maintainable than a pen; you can see exactly how much 'ink' you have left, and you can use it for other useful things.<br><br>For a knife, I carry a Leatherman Wave on my belt, and a Leatherman Micra in my pocket.<br>