Quote:
that's exactly what i'm doing...i picked up the PSP and a few other things. just need to decide what container to put it in (witz, otterbox or pelican).

It's hard to beat the standard Altoids tin for a small pocket kit. Mine is tightly sealed (waterproof tape) and wrapped with ranger bands and paracord. Making access undesireable except in emergencies - you'd need to keep your main knife, light, etc. seperately carried. This kit goes with me on every hike.

Inside my pack, I keep tons of stuff inside a liter Nalgene bottle. Waterproof, can obviously be used to transport water, has a nice metal cup that nests over the end for boiling water to purify. And you can put alot of stuff in there. I have a spare large folding knife, StarFlash signal mirror, Silva baseplate compass, large firesteel, large Bic lighter, paracord, wire, JetScream whistle, duct tape, fishing gear, fire tinder, first aid supplies, pen, note paper, and a ton of other stuff. This kit does not always go with me. It's left out on shorter hikes near civilization when I have friends hiking with me. Longer hikes, hikes in more remote or rugged terrain, or solo hikes I always carry this in addition to the Altoids kit.