Hey Andy,<br><br>I knew you weren't adamantly opposed to shotguns, you pointed out the advantages of each. You actually made the decision tough(in a good way), because your argument for handguns was so persuasive. I am VERY glad you aren't a defense lawyer. <br><br>I think an important factor for us that I didn't mention was the learning curve. I am not at ALL suggesting that my wife is slow-lol-but she probably will not want to spend more time than is necessary to be adequately prepared. Generally I think that people who are good at something complicated tend to underestimate how difficult a skill it is to master. I think this is really true of using handguns properly for self defense as opposed to target practice. When you talk about one handed use, and properly clearing a room, you are into some pretty sophisticated tactical stuff that many of us " should not try at home."<br><br>You know, I had never thought of my "storm room" as a "self-defense room as you suggested. That was really interesting and I would like to hear more about how you do that. I never thought to set it up that way.<br><br>I appreciate your advice on proper loads for defense. The physics involved with a shotgun can be tricky. I had a murder case a few years ago where the murder weapon was a shotgun. I was initially confused by the scene because the victim fell forward after being shot, which surprised me. It took our expert a while to explain that to me, and not sure I fully understand it yet. Fortunately, though, the jury had no problem with it. LOL<br><br>Take good care and thanks again for your help.<br><br>Robb